• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Atleast nobody can say Nintendo played it safe.

You can say Minecraft getting in make sense all you want, but as we're seeing in other places, it's certainly a hot topic.

Good news tho is that mean we have something to talk about for months that isn't just fake leaks or speculation based off straws.
Dude, even major news websites are reporting on it. Haven't seen anything from the BBC but they will probably post it via Newsbeat going by my observations.

Curious about any changes in Nintendo's stock though from this announcement. I mean a collaboration between one of the biggest games in history with the big N has to have had some effect?

Also seen some on the Resetera thread and some on GameFAQs.
I read some of it.

That was like walking into a 20 foot high wall of cow ****. The toxicity of that is just horrible. Stick to here folks if you want civilized.

Hey Sakurai warned them about buying the pass beforehand, it’s their own damn faults.
Shhh, you're using logic. They don't like logic or common sense.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dude, even major news websites are reporting on it. Haven't seen anything from the BBC but they will probably post it via Newsbeat going by my observations.

Curious about any changes in Nintendo's stock though from this announcement. I mean a collaboration between one of the biggest games in history with the big N has to have had some effect?
That's why I said it's hot instead of say, salt.

It's certainly getting lots of attention out there, good and bad.

Also, I have no freakin' clue. lol

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I’m happy for my friends, though my main disappointment is no Smash character skins. Since some are already in Minecraft (e.g., Mario, Banjo), it would have been neat to include some of those and create some of Nintendo characters. It was the main thing that appealed to me, as I still see Steve as an avatar, but as someone who hasn’t played Minecraft since it came out, it’s not a character made for me.

Also my main worry of what Steve’s moves would be like, if they would be too crazy to be in Smash. Seeing them block in Pichu, does have me hesitant. But, I’ll need to see the full presentation to know for sure.

Happy for the fans. My friend instantly knew it was Minecraft from the first shot, he yelled “It’s Minecraft”, and I told him to stop memeing. And then Steve popped in.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So gonna go for a lie down and it'll be story work time after. My shoulder is in pain from carrying my laptop and a bunch of other stuff today. Wademan94 Wademan94 still gonna be doing stuff later if you want help on your story.

I honestly kinda like it. Really pops out, which in the context of this big ass poster with around 70+ characters taking almost all of the space.. is a good thing.
All I see from that image is PEEK-A-BOO! Or that scene in Madagascar where the penguins are trying to dig out of the Zoo.

Skipper: What continent is this?
Marty: "Manhattan."
Skipper: "Hoover Dam! We're still in New York! Abort! Dive! Dive! Dive!"

That's why I said it's hot instead of say, salt.

It's certainly getting lots of attention out there, good and bad.

Also, I have no freakin' clue. lol
Didn't mean you directly, more an out there question. Still it's pretty big news and definitely one of the bigger collaborations in Smash.

Curious about the Mii Fighters and stuff next.

I remember using the blocks in Green Greens (Melee) to build "houses" back in the day. Sure has come full circle now.
Taigiry. You're back!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
No matter how old i get, no matter how many years go by. Quickman.EXE will always be a bull**** boss fight

D

Deleted member

Feeling pretty depressed about Rex's chances now that we know talks for Steve took about three years, meaning the rest of the pass was likely decided on years ago as well.

I think I'm taking a break.
Eh, I've been wanting Rex even during the FP1 days, and I'm willing to die on this hill that Rex will be in smash... eventually...

Also, I remembered when he announced Fighter Pass 2, Sakurai mentioned that he thought 1 or 2 extra characters would be fine, Steve is likely one of those characters if he was planned for this long. So, there is 4 other characters that haven't been planned for that long, so I think Rex is still on the table.

D

Deleted member

Feeling pretty depressed about Rex's chances now that we know talks for Steve took about three years, meaning the rest of the pass was likely decided on years ago as well.

I mean... I imagine most of those 3 years was likely nothing concrete, and only a year or so ago was the plans actually finalized and development started. Licensing a character from THE most popular single game in the world almost certainly takes way more effort than say licensing a fan favorite from a old series like :ultbanjokazooie: but with Microsoft and Nintendo being all buddy buddy to each other I image it probably wasn't that hard overall.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

if that only applies to this pass then cool...but someone like Byleth being planned for years would be shocking (also Ren-Ren)

D

Deleted member

occasionally do some more 3d modeling,
Personally I've been thinking about getting into 3d modeling and animation so I can make models/small 10 seconds animations of stuff that don't have any yet(like my precious card game characters and maybe my sona if I can ever settle on a goddamn design) but man it's pretty hard from what little I've tried.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Is this funny? I think it’s funny.
I mean, it was pretty obvious to me that Sakurai and co don't get to decide the entire pass. They probably get to pick a few of em but there are some like say Byleth that are likely picks the higher-ups chose for whatever reason. Sakurai confirming that though doesn't really mean much IMO.

It's a bit funny but not that funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom