• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They’re credited to Mojang, so while Microsoft owns them, Banjo & Kazooie were credited to Microsoft, not Rare. So I think by that, Steve should count as an indie (the character was designed when Mojang was an indie studio). It is admittedly a grey area.
it could be like how Fire Emblem, Persona, and Bayonetta all have their developer companies credited instead of only the publisher
I was right about this reveal bringing salt.

And it's glorious.
I've weirdly seem more positives unfortunately. I need some mad hoes up in here...tho I also saw Steve with Isabelle and I legit have no idea whether he killed her or not

oh well onto hoping for Shantae until it doesn't happen, then accepting it, then actually try to finish Seven Sirens

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Atleast the "Phoenix Wright getting in Smash is dumb" Twitter Guy must be happy now....

Pff, who am I kidding, it's Twitter!

Twitter is the best place to find Trash!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I didn't see any ranged stuff on Steve, so maybe he can't make his bows and crossbows?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I was right about this reveal bringing salt.

And it's glorious.
I'm not salty. If it was two spots left then a little but I'm not. Minecraft is the best selling game in the world so it makes sense for it to be in.

View attachment 287776

These reaction video thumbnails always making me cringe.
Oh My God.

He's got both the snooker ball eyes and the mouth so open you can shoot a hot-dog right into it! That's cringe as ****.

I've already seen some... pretty out there tweets lol

People really want refunds because ****ing Steve from Minecraft gets in LMAO
Is it worse than Byleth?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Guys.

Y'all don't know how hype I am right now.

I'm on dang cloud 9 atm, lol.

@Smashing Ramen, Lamperouge Lamperouge , Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , and @ShinyLegendary, here's the audio file for my reaction:

Google Drive link. You'll have to download it, the media player won't play it for whatever reason, lol.

The length is about 20 minutes because I had a short discussion segment before the reveal. Be warned, I only have a simple mod mic, so it did pick up some of my breathing. For those who just want the reaction, skip to 12:55 and then start the reveal video at 13:12 to have it sync up.

Make sure not to have it up too loud, I did yell a bit 'cause I was obviously excited. :p
"First of all... GENO..."

Awww crap, here we go again.

:p

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm now writing a little fan-fiction on DevinatART which is gonna be about my favourite characters being excited for Fighter 7.

(I could send the link if you guys want to see?)

D

Deleted member

Is it worse than Byleth?
Dunno about worse than Byleth but there definitely are a few select people(not naming names of course) who are really ****ing pissed for some reason. Most people seem to like Steve though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also they literally leaked Steve last week. They said expecting a big Minecraft con announcement this week.

Well played, well played.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
They don't have such privileges.
Posting what I edited before here.

Bit of a shame, but it make sense Enderman wouldn't get another alt.

Unless a new form of Enderman was released while I wasn't paying atttention.

Zombie could have gotten a cool alt tho, but eh, won't lost night over it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
You know what? I concede now about Steve after reading this trivia from Smash Wiki.

"After Mr. Game & Watch, Steve is the second playable character to look completely identical to their original appearance, the first third-party character to do so, and the first to come from a conventional video game rather than an LCD game."

So in a way this has been a long time coming I think and Steve makes the most sense for another Game and Watch situation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also guys, feels like a game is also out today. Something that has been dwarfed by this announcement.

1601566827606.png

"We must find the missing game! Have you seen it?"

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Atleast nobody can say Nintendo played it safe.

You can say Minecraft getting in make sense all you want, but as we're seeing in other places, it's certainly a hot topic.

Good news tho is that mean we have something to talk about for months that isn't just fake leaks or speculation based off straws.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As someone who hasn't played Minecraft since the beta, is Enderman basically a lawyer-friendly version of Slenderman? I assume it's a random enemy; does it show up normally, or are there special conditions? (I know there's something about an "ender portal", though I'm not sure if that's just how you reach the Ender Dragon)

I've gathered that Alex is an alternate default skin for the player character in Minecraft itself, though I'm not sure if there's more to her than that.

Last edited:

Slime Master

Smash Ace
The PFP I was already planning on using for halloween also happens to fit perfectly with the character we got. Nice.

Steve is super hype! That moveset looks amazing, and I love the way he animates. Really excited for the Sakurai presents now.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Feeling pretty depressed about Rex's chances now that we know talks for Steve took about three years, meaning the rest of the pass was likely decided on years ago as well.

I think I'm taking a break.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
As someone who hasn't played Minecraft since the beta, is Enderman basically a lawyer-friendly version of Slenderman? I assume it's a random enemy; does it show up normally, or are there special conditions? (I know there's something about an "ender portal", though I'm not sure if that's just how you reach the Ender Dragon) I've gathered that Alex is an alternate default skin for the player character in Minecraft itself.
It's basically Slender Man but in Minecraft, yeah, Notch said it was based on him long ago.

Think he only apparear at night & only attack you if you look at his face. They can also pick up blocks.

Not your usual Goomba-type enemy you could say.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I normally don't agree with you on some stuff Snake but right here, I 100% agree with you. I don't get it as well. I can why it is a cultural phenomenon in a way but to me I just prefer other things. I never liked the graphical style or the movements either. Plus there are games that just more entertaining to me.

I think this is a Terry situation for me where I am going to enjoy the stage far more than the character.

And looking from a financial standpoint, this is going to push sales for Smash pretty heavily honestly again for a game that has been out for almost TWO YEARS. Watch the big N plans for Smash Ultimate plus Minecraft DLC bundle. No FP2 or 1 but just that.
Hopefully after they use this to push sales we can get some more interesting characters. Still predicting Crash, Geno, Travis, and a Namco character.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
more like a salt topic
Basically the same thing to me:

Avoid at all cost and just enjoy the new character on it's own merits.

Especially since his moveset is looking quite spicy & out there, which I always like in a new character.

D

Deleted member

Hey Sakurai warned them about buying the pass beforehand, it’s their own damn faults.
I'm personally not gonna buy it until everyone is revealed so I can make an informed decision. I did it with FP1, and I'm doing it with FP2.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
As someone who hasn't played Minecraft since the beta, is Enderman basically a lawyer-friendly version of Slenderman? I assume it's a random enemy; does it show up normally, or are there special conditions? (I know there's something about an "ender portal", though I'm not sure if that's just how you reach the Ender Dragon)

I've gathered that Alex is an alternate default skin for the player character in Minecraft itself, though I'm not sure if there's more to her than that.
Basically, Endermen are enemies from the End dimension, but they can show up in the Netherlands and the Overworld. They teleport about and pick up blocks, but mostly mind their own business unless you look at it, when it decides you need to die. They're weak to water, and if you kill one you get an Ender Pearl, an item that you can use to teleport. Mixing a Pearl with a Blaze Rod gives you an Eye of Ender, which can be used to find Strongholds and open a portal to the End dimension.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom