• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'll go with one cutscene in Yakuza 0. I was going to switch to something Re:Zero Season 2 related but it's a spoiler from the latest episode and I think I'm one of the two/three people here watching it weekly.

".....yet nothing can beat this 80 yen daikon from this beater of a food cart. Makes you wonder what the hell money even is."

My avatars only have one requirement...

Don’t think I need to say more.
Look at the Glasses!

Don't kill me dude.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For me with avatars, it usually comes down to backgrounds. I generally don't like them so whenever possible I like to remove them. I do most of mine using Paint & GIMP. It's taken a little while to figure out resolution and how well certain programs behave when shrinking images.

Smashboards is nice for just how large you have have avatars be. That extra 50x50 compared to most forums is nice. Though in previous years Premium users could use avatars at 150x250.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Why does my fricking mom insist that I didn’t sleep last night just because I took an hour long nap??
I mean, she’s right, but not for the right reason

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
There's two types of Zachmac avatars.

There's dragon avatars, because dragons.

Or there's "I just played a new game / bingewatched a show recently and loved one of the characters".

Guess which type of avatar I have right now.
Platipi are a type of dragon, right?

D

Deleted member

Oh wait how is everybody lol
Im doing fine. Nothing to do but wait for my next batch of cards. Although I have been thinking about making a "beginners guide to card games" esche series and move a bit away from just deck profiles. My voice being super monotone isn't helping.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I’ve got a unique question.
Remember the Smash ballot, and that one person who claimed that they requested 400 times each day (or something like that)? Whether they’re telling the truth or not, what do you think would happen if somebody actually did that for a character who wouldn’t make sense for one reason or another. Imagine being Sakurai, checking the results, and it’s fricking Monika-
You think Sakurai’s played DDLC?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Eh, I might head to bed.

Brain ain't functioning, phone the doctors in the morning or Tuesday and stuff sorted. Not like I got anything to do this month.

Edit: Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs our talk about the other night and how our views are similar despite our background differences was nice. I really hope we continue that at some point soon. It'd be nice to hear more about your world view.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
International Relations. Rather than inter-state actors in standard political science, it focuses on countries and non-government organizations (United Nations) as the actors.

Obviously a lot of political science classes were required, but so were history, philosophy, and languages. Was able to combine it with my Japanese minor so I was able to graduate within 4 years. I remember taking classes focused on behavioral theory, aid relief, NGOs, terrorism, Cold War history, Middle Eastern history, etc. There was a surprising amount of math and analytics involved in a few of my upper level courses; make sure you know Algebra.

Haven't found a direct job using it but at least from what my parents/professors have told me, Liberal Arts more or less trains you to learn and critically think to take on a variety of tasks as opposed to specific fields like engineering, teaching, etc. A jack of all trades like a business degree. That's not to say though you can't get into a specific field; My Dad has a Masters in teaching art but was at an insurance company for 30 years.
You have a Liberal arts degree and a minor in Japanese. You are so cool. I view you as kind of a role model of sorts. I'm also studying Japanese so it would be awesome if we could be penpals ^^ I feel like I could learn a lot from talking to you. Thanks for giving me an idea for what a liberal arts degree teaches. I'll look into those things you listed thanks.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I don’t have a major theme with my pfps, I really just choose what interests me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You have a Liberal arts degree and a minor in Japanese. You are so cool. I view you as kind of a role model of sorts. I'm also studying Japanese so it would be awesome if we could be penpals ^^ I feel like I could learn a lot from talking to you. Thanks for giving me an idea for what a liberal arts degree teaches. I'll look into those things you listed thanks.
Cool, though I feel more like a failure than anything. With liberal arts it's kind of nice not being locked into a specific career path, but at the same time it can also be frustrating in trying to find a path. It took me a few years after college before being able to land a job that pays enough so I can financially support myself. Job searching is both boring and soul crushing. Embarrass

In regards to Japanese I can definitely give some tips though I am nowhere near the level I can use it in a working environment (though I have dealt with Japanese clients ironically). Didn't make it through the final interview for the JET program and am only at the N4~N5 level. JLPT is generally the benchmark a lot of companies look at for Japanese proficiency. Would recommend seeking out Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom for their expertise.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was summoned?

Alicorn Alicorn
何か質問があれば私になんでも聞いてね。プライベートメッセージの方がいいと思う。

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Yeah I heard that Liberal arts was something that was a bit of a dead ender when it came to job seeking. I just like Liberal arts because it makes you a better person overall. I'd rather be wiser than richer.

How many Kanji do you know? I mostly focused on grammar though my vocabulary is lack luster and Japanese words relying on context does make translating into English difficult though I feel its sometimes better off in Japanese because those nuances really make the meaning of the overall sentence
change.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, you can say **** in T rated games nowadays, it's other things in the song that probably a no go.
I am doing a fan expansion for Killer Instinct, and sense Conker was made by the same dev team, I thought including him would be nice. And Conker's most memorable location is the Sloprano chapter. And KI has been very adamant about staying in it's T rating. So can it be done?

Shroob

Sup?
I am doing a fan expansion for Killer Instinct, and sense Conker was made by the same dev team, I thought including him would be nice. And Conker's most memorable location is the Sloprano chapter. And KI has been very adamant about staying in it's T rating. So can it be done?
I mean, the DK rap in Smash removes the word Hell, so as obviously.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
どうも、あの。。。"あれば"と意味?
“If” と意味ですよ。例えば,「あなたはもし時間があれば私に電話ください。」英語でわ “If you have time, please call me.”