• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Honestly I sometimes wish I had a gaming backlog: these days feel super boring with me just sitting at home and occasionally watching TV, and card games can only keep me occupied so long without anyone else in a 100 mile radius who knows how to play any of my games(and the few I have tried teaching didn’t end up learning anything really)

But on the other hand I can’t exactly afford to spend $100 on new games every so often(and it would likely just be more fuel for my parents to steal from me) and there aren’t exactly legalistic budget options, unlike card games where I can simply just build a different deck/game if it’s too expensive.
You Could just play the old games you already own.

That's what I'm doing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can see Rare Replay, but don't hold your breath on the other two. Especially Halo.
Okay. I really don’t care about Halo. But I NEED to play Killer Instinct on the go.

I really think it would be beneficial to Microsoft to treat the Switch the way Nintendo used to treat the Game Boy/DS lines. Ports of older titles and brand new experiences. Would help their brands expand in Japan.

D

Deleted member

I plan to buy the Xbox Series X this year for Christmas.

Will wait for the PS5 to be retrocompatible with more games before I buy It, as I don't want to lose any way of playing the new Sakura Wars after selling my PS4.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
AndreaAC AndreaAC Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Wademan94 Wademan94 Archie is now finished!
74E7061B-CDA3-4F11-A502-E184780E0D1C.png

I realize I haven’t talked much about this character, so I may as well do so now. Archie is a shy high schooler who is possessed by a demon because edge. That’s not actually the reason of course. This demon basically lives inside of him as a means of sustaining himself so he can live forever. Once he dies, he simply moves on to another person. Archie’s goal is basically to figure out how to get rid of him.

While it’s outdated, I have a sketch of the demon too.
E5666966-6F01-4B0D-AF4A-79B00C4B049C.png
He’s getting a massive design overhaul later, but this is him as of now. While a lot of demons are very serious, this one is very loud, theatrical, and over the top. He’s like Snatcher, but if Snatcher was actually creepy. He‘s scary to the characters in-universe, though I want him to be an entertaining a-hole to the audience.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I plan to buy the Xbox Series X this year for Christmas.

Will wait for the PS5 to be retrocompatible with more games before I buy It, as I don't want to lose any way of playing the new Sakura Wars after selling my PS4.
If I could, I'd really want to purchase a PS5 for myself due some to the titles they've shown off at the reveal event. Along with owning a Switch, of course.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If I could, I'd really want to purchase a PS5 for myself due some to the titles they've shown off at the reveal event. Along with owning a Switch, of course.
I myself am going Series X. I have way more titles for my Xbox then I do my PS4, and the promise of full backwards compatibility with the entire Xbox one library, plus the possibility of new games in classic Rare franchises, currently outweighs the FFVII remake sequels that will come out in like a decade.

D

Deleted member

Woah, it is cool how this level managed to kinda put the whole Mortal Kombat theme:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
AndreaAC AndreaAC Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Wademan94 Wademan94 Archie is now finished!
View attachment 280984
I realize I haven’t talked much about this character, so I may as well do so now. Archie is a shy high schooler who is possessed by a demon because edge. That’s not actually the reason of course. This demon basically lives inside of him as a means of sustaining himself so he can live forever. Once he dies, he simply moves on to another person. Archie’s goal is basically to figure out how to get rid of him.

He’s getting a massive design overhaul later, but this is him as of now. While a lot of demons are very serious, this one is very loud, theatrical, and over the top. He’s like Snatcher, but if Snatcher was actually creepy. He‘s scary to the characters in-universe, though I want him to be an entertaining a-hole to the audience.
:D Wow, this come out really good! :D Great work both of you and your friend! Also, after seeing the scary guy, now you made me curious what are gonna be the changes you are going to apply to it's design. :> Keep up the amazing work!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This screenshot was rumored to be the cut Sky Temple since the 90s was recently discovered to be beta Hyrule Castle instead putting a long mystery to rest:

Beta Lost Woods supposedly perhaps found outside of beta Hyrule Castle model:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
:D Wow, this come out really good! :D Great work both of you and your friend! Also, after seeing the scary guy, now you made me curious what are gonna be the changes you are going to apply to it's design. :> Keep up the amazing work!
Thank you! And I’m thinking of maybe theming him off of a goat or bat a bit.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If anyone lives in Sydney, Australia:

Marvel Studio's Shang Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings is set to resume production within the coming days. Hopefully there will be further news down the line.
So, as I understand it...

Done: Black Widow

Filming Done, editing still active: The Eternals, Wandavision

"Fiming" still in progress: Shang-Chi, Falcon & Winter Soldier, Loki, What-If?

Not Yet: Spiderman; the way home, Thor 4, Doctor Strange 2, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Moon Knight.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thinking about trying a Pokémon like game called Nexomon: Extinction. I was thinking about getting it physically but found out it's much cheaper getting it digital.

But seeing the reviews will come first.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can’t remember, was Travis Touchdown deconfirmed?

Even if he was... i’m still tempted to believe that an NDA could cause the source to lie to dissuade the audience.
Travis was for Pass 1 if I remember right.

The only other one that's iffy is Doom Slayer due to some awkward interviews. He was definitely noted as not happening for Pass 1, but Pass 2 is hard to tell since the second interview doesn't specify when Nintendo and ID Software talked. So it was saying "at the time, it didn't go through" based upon a 2018 interview, meaning he was not happening for Pass 1, or it's referring to an unknown interview that happened that we never saw, which would refer to Pass 2. The notable thing is that the talks did not ever stop, which is how we got a Fallout costume, proving it's not necessarily over with. And Doom has a lot of costume options, so he's not entirely impossible.

Basically he's in a gray area as we lack the full context. Travis is still possible for Pass 2, at least. He'd be neat, though not a personal choice of mine. They just need to remove how he re-powers up his sword at best. Or change it to look less inappropriate. The worst we've seen is Palutena's pole dance taunt, and she's a character who likes to tease others, which isn't as bad as it could be. Bayonetta was massively toned down too, which helps. Travis can easily fit into the game if they remove his problematic elements. No swearing, no obviously bad taunts/gimmicks, and we're good. He's cool too. I do wish we had more information on NMH3, that said.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Okay. I really don’t care about Halo. But I NEED to play Killer Instinct on the go.

I really think it would be beneficial to Microsoft to treat the Switch the way Nintendo used to treat the Game Boy/DS lines. Ports of older titles and brand new experiences. Would help their brands expand in Japan.
I agree. Though I guess part of the issue stems from Killer Instinct barely seeing a release outside of the US. I think they finally had one game at most in Japan and Europe. I find it ironic it had no EU releases at first, since Rare is from EU.

My guess is porting it over is meaningless unless they really really want to sell it in Japan and Europe. I hope they do, since that'd be great. I can understand the reboot game being on Xbox only, though. The other 3 versions(Gameboy, SNES, N64) should all get ported over, like in a collection. They each have distinct differences. Including boss and moveset changes. Though the Gameboy one is kind of meh, I think you could do Ultra Combos significantly easier. That, and it's easy to port over, so just include it anyway.

I can't remember if the SNES one simply had more characters or not. Eyedol is still part of both of Killer Instinct 1's boss options. Gargos isn't till Gold/2.

Another thing is maybe they could clean up the A.I. so it's less cheap/the game plays a bit more fair. I don't remember if there were other bugs. That said, if you have a GBA SP, you can find the Gameboy game fairly easily. It's nothing "great" but it still is the same overall way to play, allowing KI on the go. It's nowhere near as good as SNES/N64/Xbox ones, though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 280984

This is some good ****, great work on the coloring & description and shout-out to the artist for their work on your characters.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This is some good ****, great work on the coloring & description and shout-out to the artist for their work on your characters.
Thanks! And technically, these aren’t really my characters. Both of us made the concepts, personalities, and stories for these characters together. It’d be wrong to take all the credit there, haha. Archie and this demon Who we’ve named “Dark”, for now, though it’s just a placeholder were my concepts, though after I made the concepts my friend volunteered to help me flesh them and the story out. I helped out with Archie’s clothing and colors a bit, though most of the designs are by my friend, since that’s their strong suit.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thanks! And technically, these aren’t really my characters. Both of us made the concepts, personalities, and stories for these characters together. It’d be wrong to take all the credit there, haha. Archie and this demon Who we’ve named “Dark”, for now, though it’s just a placeholder were my concepts, though after I made the concepts my friend volunteered to help me flesh them and the story out. I helped out with Archie’s clothing and colors a bit, though most of the designs are by my friend, since that’s their strong suit.
Still impressive imo, I look forward to what you two will come up with.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Travis was for Pass 1 if I remember right.

The only other one that's iffy is Doom Slayer due to some awkward interviews. He was definitely noted as not happening for Pass 1, but Pass 2 is hard to tell since the second interview doesn't specify when Nintendo and ID Software talked. So it was saying "at the time, it didn't go through" based upon a 2018 interview, meaning he was not happening for Pass 1, or it's referring to an unknown interview that happened that we never saw, which would refer to Pass 2. The notable thing is that the talks did not ever stop, which is how we got a Fallout costume, proving it's not necessarily over with. And Doom has a lot of costume options, so he's not entirely impossible.

Basically he's in a gray area as we lack the full context. Travis is still possible for Pass 2, at least. He'd be neat, though not a personal choice of mine. They just need to remove how he re-powers up his sword at best. Or change it to look less inappropriate. The worst we've seen is Palutena's pole dance taunt, and she's a character who likes to tease others, which isn't as bad as it could be. Bayonetta was massively toned down too, which helps. Travis can easily fit into the game if they remove his problematic elements. No swearing, no obviously bad taunts/gimmicks, and we're good. He's cool too. I do wish we had more information on NMH3, that said.
I think it would be funny if some of his lines were censored with a beep, and if you take out the censor he’s saying completely innocent random words like banana.
I agree. Though I guess part of the issue stems from Killer Instinct barely seeing a release outside of the US. I think they finally had one game at most in Japan and Europe. I find it ironic it had no EU releases at first, since Rare is from EU.

My guess is porting it over is meaningless unless they really really want to sell it in Japan and Europe. I hope they do, since that'd be great. I can understand the reboot game being on Xbox only, though. The other 3 versions(Gameboy, SNES, N64) should all get ported over, like in a collection. They each have distinct differences. Including boss and moveset changes. Though the Gameboy one is kind of meh, I think you could do Ultra Combos significantly easier. That, and it's easy to port over, so just include it anyway.

I can't remember if the SNES one simply had more characters or not. Eyedol is still part of both of Killer Instinct 1's boss options. Gargos isn't till Gold/2.

Another thing is maybe they could clean up the A.I. so it's less cheap/the game plays a bit more fair. I don't remember if there were other bugs. That said, if you have a GBA SP, you can find the Gameboy game fairly easily. It's nothing "great" but it still is the same overall way to play, allowing KI on the go. It's nowhere near as good as SNES/N64/Xbox ones, though.
The two Arcade ones were sold as bonuses with Killer Instinct ‘13 and Gold was on rare replay. I think what they really need to do is port the reboot to switch so we can get the arcade games, and give us an enhanced Rare Replay Switch Edition, which has additional games like the Rare-Made DK games, Battlemaniacs, Wizards and Warriors, KI Game Boy, Grunty’s Revenge etc.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it would be funny if some of his lines were censored with a beep, and if you take out the censor he’s saying completely innocent random words like banana.
As long as the beep literally isn't "over" the word. A problem with those censors is you can still hear the word, just barely, meaning it won't work for this kind of game. They'd have to remove the word entirely. That could work, yeah.

The two Arcade ones were sold as bonuses with Killer Instinct ‘13 and Gold was on rare replay. I think what they really need to do is port the reboot to switch so we can get the arcade games, and give us an enhanced Rare Replay Switch Edition, which has additional games like the Rare-Made DK games, Battlemaniacs, Wizards and Warriors, KI Game Boy, Grunty’s Revenge etc.
I heard Rare Replay had some issues being specific to the Xbox coding or whatever, so they might need to redo it for a Nintendo release version. Which I'm fine with, honestly. I'd still love it on Switch. There's a ton of awesome games, and not just Nintendo-related ones.

And that makes sense. Though I forget if the Gameboy one was a watered down port or an actual Arcade version. I think only SNES and Gold were ports of the Arcade versions(just with more gameplay options, including the basic Options menu cause it's not an Arcade game and all).

D

Deleted member

View attachment 280984

Oh, just noticed this post.

I really like the artwork for the characters so far and the concept of literal Demons living inside people with the main character living on a rushdown to get rid of It before being too late does seem to have really strong potential for many events and scenaries.

Would like to be tagged in the future whenever you make more posts about It, as I really dig what I'm seeing so far.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
View attachment 280984

Brb, gonna call an exorcist cuz this boi needs to be protected at all costs.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh, just noticed this post.

I really like the artwork for the characters so far and the concept of literal Demons living inside people with the main character living on a rushdown to get rid of It before being too late does seem to have really strong potential for many events and scenaries.

Would like to be tagged in the future whenever you make more posts about It, as I really dig what I'm seeing so far.
Thanks! And if I remember, I’ll tag you in future posts regarding him. My memory is a bit crappy, so apologies if I forget.

Brb, gonna call an exorcist cuz this boi needs to be protected at all costs.
We certainly agree!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As long as the beep literally isn't "over" the word. A problem with those censors is you can still hear the word, just barely, meaning it won't work for this kind of game. They'd have to remove the word entirely. That could work, yeah.

I heard Rare Replay had some issues being specific to the Xbox coding or whatever, so they might need to redo it for a Nintendo release version. Which I'm fine with, honestly. I'd still love it on Switch. There's a ton of awesome games, and not just Nintendo-related ones.

And that makes sense. Though I forget if the Gameboy one was a watered down port or an actual Arcade version. I think only SNES and Gold were ports of the Arcade versions(just with more gameplay options, including the basic Options menu cause it's not an Arcade game and all).
I’ve never heard anything like that. The worst problem I’ve heard is that a lot of the titles weren’t on the disc and were just downloaded to your system from the Xbox store. No reason they couldn’t do the same here imo.

D

Deleted member

You Could just play the old games you already own.

That's what I'm doing.
I have like 5 games total and I know where like 2 of them are. (let alone half of them are for consoles that I used to own but either broke or my parents packed up) And my pc is actual potato(can’t even run Minecraft at lowest settings) so that’s not an option for me either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I’ve never heard anything like that. The worst problem I’ve heard is that a lot of the titles weren’t on the disc and were just downloaded to your system from the Xbox store. No reason they couldn’t do the same here imo.
I don't remember the details either. Might've been hard coded to work with a controller or whatever. I'm sure it wouldn't be as hard to port as I hear, but don't quote me on that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't remember the details either. Might've been hard coded to work with a controller or whatever. I'm sure it wouldn't be as hard to port as I hear, but don't quote me on that.
That to me sounds like a reason it couldn't come to PC, not another game console. Heck, not only are the xbox and switch controllers layed out the same way, they also use the same letters for buttons. Wouldn't be that hard to modify the game slightly.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The easiest way is to get Muscle the Machop in the department store and train it up to fight Whitney.
literally forgot about Muscle! Funnier that it’s a girl on my end. Attract won’t work lmao

except that I used a combo of Flaffy’s Thunder Wave and Zubat’s Confuse Ray to take it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom