• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So a boxer dog sprinted down a main road and knocked over a kid, five people tried to get a pigeon out of a sports shop and I spent £2 less than I usually do.

"It's a wonderful day in the neighbourhood!"

Damn there's another game I need to finish.

I went with the Black Eagles but got bored. Might join the Golden Deer the next time.

I need to finish about 40 games (Could probably list them all). I hate being so unmotivated.
Dude, my backlog is also pretty nuts and I'm doing nothing to help it by continuing to buy bigass RPGs and whatnot lol.

Some of the more notable games I have left to play:
  • Resident Evil 4, Origins Collection, and RE7
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Nier Automata
  • Three Houses (Black Eagles and Cindered Shadows)
  • Dragon Quest XI S
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Bravely Second
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection
  • Hollow Knight

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To be serious for a bit, I've alluded to it yesterday, but I'm always starting to feel melancholic around this time, so I'll likely be leaving this place for a while, so I won't be a bother. Maybe I'll be back by late September, if at all. Because truthfully, I'm just kinda there, unable to connect with anyone due to my low self-esteem and shyness, even after nearly a year. Hell, I have a discord which I never use because of that very reason. Never had the courage to look at a single server.

And so not everything is doom and gloom, confirmation that classic Sonic wears folded boots:
]
The lack of folded boots is the reason why Sonic had a rocky history in the jump to 3D, but thankfully, Sonic Mania is here to remind us...

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Dude, my backlog is also pretty nuts and I'm doing nothing to help it by continuing to buy bigass RPGs and whatnot lol.

Some of the more notable games I have left to play:
  • Resident Evil 4, Origins Collection, and RE7
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Nier Automata
  • Three Houses (Black Eagles and Cindered Shadows)
  • Dragon Quest XI S
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Bravely Second
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection
  • Hollow Knight
Sees The Outer Worlds and Nier Automata. Very nice. I love your varied taste of games.

As for me I'll list the notable.
  • Final Fantasy XII (How I haven't is a miracle)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Last Guardian
  • Death Stranding
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Most wanted to play for years, barely a few hours into it)
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Far Cry 3 and 4
About five more for replay especially Trails of Cold Steel 1,2 and 3 for 4 coming out and my yearly playthroughs of God of War and TWEWY.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
If anyone lives in Sydney, Australia:

Marvel Studio's Shang Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings is set to resume production within the coming days. Hopefully there will be further news down the line.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I can't list my backlog, I have so many games that I havent even played yet XD

I might wanna play a strategy rpg soon though.
There's a new one that came out called Fae Tactics, it looks alright, but I don't think i'll get it full price, the characters only seem to have one type attack each from what I saw.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can’t remember, was Travis Touchdown deconfirmed?

Even if he was... i’m still tempted to believe that an NDA could cause the source to lie to dissuade the audience.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sees The Outer Worlds and Nier Automata. Very nice. I love your varied taste of games.

As for me I'll list the notable.
  • Final Fantasy XII (How I haven't is a miracle)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Last Guardian
  • Death Stranding
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Most wanted to play for years, barely a few hours into it)
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Far Cry 3 and 4
About five more for replay especially Trails of Cold Steel 1,2 and 3 for 4 coming out and my yearly playthroughs of God of War and TWEWY.
****, I forgot about Horizon, Death Stranding, and Bayonetta 2 as well (I think I'm even in the final chapter for the latter). Death Stranding didn't really grab me from what I played so I'm unsure if I'm going to continue it.

I really need to commit to one game and work my way through it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Even if he was... i’m still tempted to believe that an NDA could cause the source to lie to dissuade the audience.
No not to my knowledge especially when the created stated he won't Sakurai get away with not adding him into Smash. Doom Slayer on the other hand has though based on that one interview.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
We’re taking about gaming backlogs?
Mine isn’t anything special, but this is it.

—Switch
-Tokyo Mirage Sessions
-Persona 5 Scramble
-Octopath Traveler
-Animal Crossing New Horizons
-Fire Emblem Three Houses
-Astral Chain
—Steam
-UNIST
-Aperture Tag
-Half Life games
—Virtual Console
-Sin and Punishment 2
-Mega Man Battle Network
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
—Whatever it becomes available on
-Persona 3 (FES, Portable, idrc)
-Ace Attorney Apollo Justice

in no particular order.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
D

Deleted member

Of course I get ignored when I actually bring up something serious for once. It's always been like this in my life, so I'm not even surprised, if anything, it just reaffirms my believes, An ignored outcast not even the own family cares about, no matter how much I try. Might as well just give up and embrace it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
A friend of my family no longer wanted his copy of Sword and shield my brother took them off his hands so we got the game for free.

****, now I have nothing to lose by playing it. My brother named his monkey Phil collins.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Of course I get ignored when I actually bring up something serious for once. It's always been like this in my life, so I'm not even surprised, if anything, it just reaffirms my believes, An ignored outcast not even the own family cares about, no matter how much I try. Might as well just give up and embrace it.
What's wrong?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, Golden Deer was the first house I chose too. I also had a lot of fun with Blue Lions and Dimitri ending up being my favorite character in the game.

I started a Black Eagles playthrough a few months ago but just kinda forgot about it. Really need to get back to it someday.
Get back on that **** NOW!!! Edelgard's paths are something else
Congrats, you chose the best house.
no Yuri by default = not best house

tho on the really reals, kinda wish Claude had a story that wasn't weak compared to the rest
If anyone lives in Sydney, Australia:

Marvel Studio's Shang Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings is set to resume production within the coming days. Hopefully there will be further news down the line.
MARVEL
MARVEL
MARVEL
MARVEL
MARVEL
MMMMMMMAAAAAAAARARARARARARARVVVVVEEELLELELELEL

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Gaming Backlogs?
I'm going to try to:
Beat Golden Sun: The Lost Age
100% Origami King
100% Luigi's Mansion 3?
Finish the Isle of Armor
Finish Tickington in DQ11S

Before I have to go back.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I sometimes wish I had a gaming backlog: these days feel super boring with me just sitting at home and occasionally watching TV, and card games can only keep me occupied so long without anyone else in a 100 mile radius who knows how to play any of my games(and the few I have tried teaching didn’t end up learning anything really)

But on the other hand I can’t exactly afford to spend $100 on new games every so often(and it would likely just be more fuel for my parents to steal from me) and there aren’t exactly legalistic budget options, unlike card games where I can simply just build a different deck/game if it’s too expensive.

D

Deleted member

I would talk about my gaming backlog but I have so many games there I forgot a good chunk of them.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Damn, this is actually quite cool:

That looks fun. We want more!

****, I forgot about Horizon, Death Stranding, and Bayonetta 2 as well (I think I'm even in the final chapter for the latter). Death Stranding didn't really grab me from what I played so I'm unsure if I'm going to continue it.

I really need to commit to one game and work my way through it.
Aw, we really have similar tastes in games. I've gotten about 2/3 or so in all three of them.

Death Stranding is a game that I'm super mixed on. Along with Three Houses, it was one of my most anticipated last year. (not counting Cold Steel releases)

On paper as a concept, it's one of the best I've seen. The idea of a post apocalyptic delivery man trying to reconnect a country by linking with others. And you know what, I liked the balance, weight management and traversal mechanics alot. The soundtrack, world design and Sam Porter Bridges himself is an inspiration for the "revived" new version of my story.

Then it comes to execution and the supernatural stuff. That is when it falls apart.
  • The BTs, while cool concept, are just annoying and the game would be better without them.
  • Combat is just poor outside of the melee attacks. Don't get me started.
  • I like the idea of voidouts but again the BTs.
The Timefall works but that's the only good supernatural thing.

In short less supernatural stuff but still keep something and a clearer story would have done it good.

I also want to finish Horizon but again like Death Stranding it's the combat. Aloy having just long range and almost no melee just got a bit repetitive. Hopefully Forbidden West helps remedy that.

Right now I'm just chipping away at Ghost of Tsushima and then back to The Outer Worlds. The latter is just amazing. A Fallout-like for people such as myself.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Almost close to 100% complete with Maneater.

Not sure what game I should play next. I got plenty PS3, PS4 and Switch.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace

I know Travis was outright deconfirmed for the first set. That doesn't really mean much now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whelp I'm pretty out of ideal Lost Tapes synopsis'. So many creatures both creatures and supernatural both cryptid and mythical I still want to keep doing but totally dry.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My backlog would take way too long to type out.

Just limiting it to the Switch, there's Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 9, Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2, Dragon Quest 3, Astral Chain, Spyro 2 and 3, Crash 1 and 2, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, A Hat in Time, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, River City Girls, Mega Man X4, Doom 2/3/64, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Carrion, Cuphead, Hollow Knight, Fairy Tail, and the story modes for Dragon Ball FighterZ, Skullgirls, and Guilty Gear XX.

If I was to type out my Steam backlog, I'd be here all day. I have a problem when it comes to picking up RPGs but not setting aside the time to play through them. (though I haven't finished some of them, like Crash 1 and 2, Cuphead, or Hollow Knight, due to the difficulty)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Because truthfully, I'm just kinda there, unable to connect with anyone due to my low self-esteem and shyness, even after nearly a year.
I don't know if I act like it but I'm absolutely the same way. I haven't really had a real human connection outside of my sisters since forever.

I don't have a low self esteem per say, I think of myself just fine, but I've always felt like that if other people really got to know me they wouldn't like me. It's an irrational feeling but one that keeps me from really opening up to anyone about most things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom