• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I forgot about that one.

...now I'm imagining Joker shouting "Gotta go fast!" and just running into Mementos on his own.
Ngl, Sonic's red shoes could kinda fit Joker's style with the red gloves he has (not sure if I said gloves right).

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can’t stand coffee. It tastes like you got into something you shouldn’t have under the kitchen cabinet.
Well, drinking coffe if you have sleeping issues is not a great idea, anyway.

Have you tried drinking warm milk or buttermilk before you go to bed? It usually works for me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, drinking coffe if you have sleeping issues is not a great idea, anyway.

Have you tried drinking warm milk or buttermilk before you go to bed? It usually works for me.
Unfortunately, Milk is another thing I cannot stand.

I’m on like, two different pills for the express purpose of helping me get to sleep. At this point I’d rather eat dolphins.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately, Milk is another thing I cannot stand.

I’m on like, two different pills for the express purpose of helping me get to sleep. At this point I’d rather eat dolphins.
Same on the milk part. milk tastes like dirt to me, and I hate it. I usually just drink water most of the time.

I'm supposed to be taking melatonin every night to help me sleep but I don't, mostly because I already get tired as **** every day so it's not an issue anymore.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't expecting this but I've heard a lot of good things about that game's story. I might give it a shot when it comes out.
I used to play the game at birthday parties when I was young.

It was quite a fun game to play, ngl.

D

Deleted member

I just finished writing a rough draft script for my next video(the whole Beginners guide to card games thing I mentioned yesterday), and I have to say it's going along smoothly. I really just need to figure out how exactly I'm going to do said video(and how to avoid my siblings from catching me doing it lol)
I could just use my phone to record and read off the script with the camera facing my wall, but I could also go for a more stylistic look and just simply record audio over a static background with occasional live action bits to emphasis certain points(even considering ripping up a couple commons to really drive a specific point home). Not that it matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

In other news, a State Of Play presentation is coming:

No news on PS5 titles which is weird. Although on the bright side maybe we do see stuff on the new Alex Kidd game since It comes for PS4.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Afternoon gentlemen.

Woke up pretty badly this morning...
Not the only one. Woke up badly as well and not having a routine sucks. On the bright side doctor is going to see me this week so hopefully a small step forward.

In other news, a State Of Play presentation is coming:

No news on PS5 titles which is weird. Although on the bright side maybe we do see stuff on the new Alex Kidd game since It comes for PS4.
Very nice. And here I was expecting a late mid-level game from PS to end the generation for them so kinda sad there is nothing. Something on the size of the MediEvil remaster would have been nice.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I decided to get some context on the Batman slapping Robin meme, so I looked into the original comic that it came from (World's Finest #153, which bears some startling similarities to Batman v. Superman in a broad sense). The entire page that the panel is on is just bonkers.

It's an alternate universe, or imaginary, story, with the narration including such gems as "one imaginary day..."

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like watching all the other companies get game presentations while we're starving on a proper Nintendo direct feels like karma's at work.

I don't know what for, but it feels like karma.

D

Deleted member

I feel like watching all the other companies get game presentations while we're starving on a proper Nintendo direct feels like karma's at work.

I don't know what for, but it feels like karma.
Honestly I wouldn't even be surprised if Nintendo just has nothing to show. It's been almost a month and a half since Min Min dropped(which iirc is usually around the time we start getting hints and leaks about the next character) but so far we have nothing, not even a hint of any news. Hell we don't even know any Second-Party games coming out after Paper Mario which hasn't happened in years!
Or it could just be that the character after Min Min is a character nobody knows/wants and they're just waiting for the right time to drop the news. But I doubt that.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Pretty sneaky of Nintendo to put a pay wall in front of the Pokemon. It is ruthless but it is a smart move from a business perspective.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So, as I understand it...

Done: Black Widow

Filming Done, editing still active: The Eternals, Wandavision

"Fiming" still in progress: Shang-Chi, Falcon & Winter Soldier, Loki, What-If?

Not Yet: Spiderman; the way home, Thor 4, Doctor Strange 2, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Moon Knight.
That is about right.

Shang-Chi is set to resume filming starting this week. Thor: Love & Thunder will commence filming at the beginning of next year in which Shang-Chi should be able to wrap-up its production by then.

I still anticipate that WandaVision will still release later this year and hopefully the same for the Falcon & the Winter Soldier.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sneaky of Nintendo to put a pay wall in front of the Pokemon. It is ruthless but it is a smart move from a business perspective.
Smart? Nah I disagree. Sure it sounds good on paper but it assumes every person will actually buy the dlc. Even if say 10% don't actually buy any dlc that's a decent chunk of money you could have made by using other, more consumer friendly strategies.(Animal Crossing's free updates come to mind) Making rehased games with some additional content was a smarter move IMO(although both are equally as bad for the consumer)

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Had a dream last night. I’m pretty sure this is the first dream I’ve ever had where I physically watched a Smash reveal in a Nintendo Direct.
It started off in Sakurai’s home, and since there was no previously known series, he says hi and talks about how unique this fighter is going to be and then the famous “take a look”. AND ITS FRICKKING PHOENIX WRIGHT
All of the things you would expect to happen did happen. I opened up Smashboards and people were talking about it, all my friends were texting me about it because they know how badly I want Phoenix in the game, even accounts on Instagram were all posting about it. I didn’t watch the rest of the direct since I was too excited, but I was able to find out he would’ve released 8/20 if the dream were true. My frickkiynf birthday.
And then I wake up
And I’m still excited, thinking “remember yesterday? phoenix is in smash!!”
then i start to think about it.
i hate dreams so bad when they decide to troll

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, as I understand it...

Done: Black Widow

Filming Done, editing still active: The Eternals, Wandavision

"Fiming" still in progress: Shang-Chi, Falcon & Winter Soldier, Loki, What-If?

Not Yet: Spiderman; the way home, Thor 4, Doctor Strange 2, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Moon Knight.
*Spider-Man: Homeo and Juliet

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
While I'm still eagerly awaiting the next small morsel of Nintendo information that is served to us before the company's radio silence resumes, I'm pretty content with this week's State of Play and the Street Fighter 5 season V stream.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
D

Deleted member

While I'm still eagerly awaiting the next small morsel of Nintendo information that is served to us before the company's radio silence resumes, I'm pretty content with this week's State of Play and the Street Fighter 5 season V stream.
Personally I'm just waiting for tomorrow for the next Bushiroad Stream, because tommorow is the first VR reveal for VBT10: Phantom Dragon Aeon.
But that's about it really.

D

Deleted member

Joe Zieja (the voice of Claude from Three Houses) is gonna do a watch-along livestream of Transformers Siege (where he voices Bumblebee) soon:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Random question to everyone. What if sometime in the near-future scientists discover a hole somewhere in the middle of Antarctica. Inside it is every species which was thought to be extinct when the Ice Age ended. This "hollow earth" is very cold and has basically the same climate as the earth in the Ice Age. It has its own sky which is the same as our earth.

Later they find another hole on the South Pole of the Ice Age Earth. When they go through it they find dinosaurs and other animals that lived in that time but only the ones from the Cretaceous.

Soon its discovered that the earth isn't hollowed but rather these so-called "hollow earths" are in fact pocket dimensions through unknown supernatural means.

Eventually, all had been discovered and there are 18 caves that leads to these pocket dimensions, all leading to every period ever on earth.

Hadean, Archean, Pre-Cambrian, Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous, Permian, Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Paleocene, Eocene, Oligocene, Miocene, Pliocene and Pleistocene.

What is everyone's reaction and what would yours be? I for one would be thrilled because there are prehistoric animals especially dinosaurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom