• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Random question to everyone. What if sometime in the near-future scientists discover a hole somewhere in the middle of Antarctica. Inside it is every species which was thought to be extinct when the Ice Age ended. This "hollow earth" is very cold and has basically the same climate as the earth in the Ice Age. It has its own sky which is the same as our earth.

Later they find another hole on the South Pole of the Ice Age Earth. When they go through it they find dinosaurs and other animals that lived in that time but only the ones from the Cretaceous.

Soon its discovered that the earth isn't hollowed but rather these so-called "hollow earths" are in fact pocket dimensions through unknown supernatural means.

Eventually, all had been discovered and there are 18 caves that leads to these pocket dimensions, all leading to every period ever on earth.

Hadean, Archean, Pre-Cambrian, Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous, Permian, Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Paleocene, Eocene, Oligocene, Miocene, Pliocene and Pleistocene.

What is everyone's reaction and what would yours be? I for one would be thrilled because there are prehistoric animals especially dinosaurs.
I couldn't care less tbh. That kind of scenario on paper sounds neat, but really all it is is time travel with extra steps.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I couldn't care less tbh. That kind of scenario on paper sounds neat, but really all it is is time travel with extra steps.
I for one would love for there to be a TV show on this and how could you not be fascinated. We've discovered lands where live breathing prehistoric animals still exist! Dinosaurs especially! :eek:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Random question to everyone. What if sometime in the near-future scientists discover a hole somewhere in the middle of Antarctica. Inside it is every species which was thought to be extinct when the Ice Age ended. This "hollow earth" is very cold and has basically the same climate as the earth in the Ice Age. It has its own sky which is the same as our earth.

Later they find another hole on the South Pole of the Ice Age Earth. When they go through it they find dinosaurs and other animals that lived in that time but only the ones from the Cretaceous.

Soon its discovered that the earth isn't hollowed but rather these so-called "hollow earths" are in fact pocket dimensions through unknown supernatural means.

Eventually, all had been discovered and there are 18 caves that leads to these pocket dimensions, all leading to every period ever on earth.

Hadean, Archean, Pre-Cambrian, Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous, Permian, Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Paleocene, Eocene, Oligocene, Miocene, Pliocene and Pleistocene.

What is everyone's reaction and what would yours be? I for one would be thrilled because there are prehistoric animals especially dinosaurs.
Get the capture team ready I'm opening up Jurassic Park!

D

Deleted member

I for one would love for there to be a TV show on this and how could you not be fascinated. We've discovered lands where live breathing prehistoric animals still exist! Dinosaurs especially! :eek:
That wouldn't be something I wouldn't necessarily not be fascinated by per say, just not something that strikes me as "interesting enough"
Then again my definition of "interesting" would probably be extreme sci-fi **** like portable teleporters or advanced medical tools or even completely autonomous ai. Going back to the past isn't exactly that special to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What I would expect in this scenario. Given its located in the South Pole, Australia would rightfully since its part of the land they claim but a treaty would be put in place for those that would want to extract resources there.

I imagine that animal biologists and paleontologists will be allowed to accompany especially since they'll go crazy over this wanting to study all these species. So many questions finally being answered regarding prehistoric life notably if all theropod dinosaurs had feathers or just some?

Not to mention possibility encountering other hominids like Archaic humans, Neanderthals, Denisovans, and homo erectus in the Ice Age dimension. Since that would be the case, I imagine anthropologists also joining too.

Poachers shouldn't be an issue as the only way they could get there is through government ways. I also see national preserves being made for these species to ensure their survival because lets be honest the public would be fascinated by these animals and want them kept alive especially for zoos.

There'd also be potential rewilding attempts for places that still seem the same or almost (Of all the places, Australia probably remains to most unchanged).

Alaska: Arctodus simus, Cave lion
Australia: Diprotodon, Genyornis, Marsupial Lion, Megalania, Procoptodon, Quinkana, Tasmanian Tiger, Wonambi
Northern Canada: Arctodus simus, Cave lion
Siberia: Cave hyena, Cave lion, Irish elk, Woolly mammoth, Woolly rhinoceros

The issue with Australia though is there'd be controversy among Australian farmers who'd protest against the prehistoric carnivores because they wouldn't be too happy with them eating their livestock. Shame because I think the predators would finally fix the kangaroo overpopulation problem.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Eh, I might head to bed.

Brain ain't functioning, phone the doctors in the morning or Tuesday and stuff sorted. Not like I got anything to do this month.

Edit: Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs our talk about the other night and how our views are similar despite our background differences was nice. I really hope we continue that at some point soon. It'd be nice to hear more about your world view.
Well hey, I'm down. But to continue, I did want to ask: what other questions did you have and what did you wanna know about me?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So No More Heroes 1 was rated for the Switch and The Smash site was broke last night. Makes me think we are closer to another mini like they said we would be getting more of.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd like to think that Spider-Man would be a timed exclusive or an early release on the Sony versions, since it seems like a rather poor business move to lock Marvel's flagship character to one version of the game...

...but then I remembered Street Fighter x Tekken, where both Mega Man and Pac-Man were exclusive to the Sony versions for no discernible reason. (sure, it was Bad Box Art Mega Man and Pac-Man in a Mokujin robot, but it was still a questionable decision)

I feel like Sony owning the movie rights to Spider-Man plays a part here, or at least gives them more leverage.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Content locking the most popular Marvel cbaracter with no compensation to own the X-Bots epic style.

Seriously, this game just gets worse over time.
It's wild because, Hawkeye aside, people received the recent trailers and updates really well.
And they just **** all of that goodwill away.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
What if Pokemon had PP for all of their moves in smash?
At the very least, Flare Blitz should. It’s harder to avoid than Wonder Wing imo.

D

Deleted member

At the very least, Flare Blitz should. It’s harder to avoid than Wonder Wing imo.
That just sounds like unnecessary complication of a moveset that already is pretty complex, what with the intercedes of switching into other pokemon and their individual movesets making for a very high skill ceiling character in Pokemon Trainer. Adding more complexity wouldn't really do much but make that ceiling higher while not lowering the learning curve at all.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Flare Blitz is already a high commitment move with recoil damage and high endlag.

Giving it limited uses would be an overkill.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So Made in Abyss IRL? Hmmmmm.........

Seriously though every major power be like:
1596477047627.png

I'd be happy at the prospect but know that it will turn to hell because "uncharted land! Let's destroy everything for resources!" with the US (depends on who is in office), China, and Russia. Europe, The Vatican and neutral/small countries would be nice about it and probably do "the right way".

Surprised it hasn't happened to Antarctica yet honestly.

Actually **** off with this exclusive content bull****.
I was gonna be like "OK, PS4 Spider Man? Makes sense." Nope. A completely new one.

Well hey, I'm down. But to continue, I did want to ask: what other questions did you have and what did you wanna know about me?
It was like I mentioned. Talking about our world view and such despite backgrounds.

Us talking about being humble but learning it different ways. (Yourself from religion and mine from science in a way) Got me thinking about stuff.

I had it all in my head but didn't come to me at the moment.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Remind me, who owns the spider man gaming rights? Disney or Sony? If it’s the later then I hate probably why he is PlayStation exclusive. Gotta keep him there so people buy his sequel and miles spinoff game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Remind me, who owns the spider man gaming rights? Disney or Sony? If it’s the later then I hate probably why he is PlayStation exclusive. Gotta keep him there so people buy his sequel and miles spinoff game.
Disney own the game rights.

Sony does.
Sony only have film rights, Spider-Man is in every other Marvel game just fine.

D

Deleted member

I've had the Inspector Gadget theme stuck in my head during these past days and I don't know how to feel about that.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I imagine Sony has some sort of deal regarding Spider-Man considering the PS4-exclusive game. Spider-Man was in Ultimate Alliance 3, however...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I imagine Sony has some sort of deal regarding Spider-Man considering the PS4-exclusive game. Spider-Man was in Ultimate Alliance 3, however...
He was in the Ultimate Alliance 3 just fine, though.

EDIT: Nvm, im dumb.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I shouldn’t have to be ready to shield that one move every time I’m playing against Charizard. I’m not always going to have the chance to shield, unless I’m expecting it the entire time. And having to be ready for a side b at all times just because you’re playing against Charizard is super annoying and could be solved by limited uses.
Flare Blitz is already a high commitment move with recoil damage and high endlag.

Giving it limited uses would be an overkill.
Yes, it has recoil damage. But depending on how close you are to the Charizard when it’s used, it can be impossible to punish. The only times I’ve been able to punish it is when I’m on the other side of the stage and I can just tell it’s coming. So unless you’re playing Mega Man or Min Min, good luck punishing it consistently.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I shouldn’t have to be ready to shield that one move every time I’m playing against Charizard. I’m not always going to have the chance to shield, unless I’m expecting it the entire time. And having to be ready for a side b at all times just because you’re playing against Charizard is super annoying and could be solved by limited uses.

Yes, it has recoil damage. But depending on how close you are to the Charizard when it’s used, it can be impossible to punish. The only times I’ve been able to punish it is when I’m on the other side of the stage and I can just tell it’s coming. So unless you’re playing Mega Man or Min Min, good luck punishing it consistently.
Lmao the move has enough start up and an audio cue that you can react to it when in neutral, your profile says you play Joker, right? If you hear that sharp sound, use down b, at worst, you get Arsene, at best, he takes a ton of damage and possibly killed. Use your excellent mobility and combo tools to make sure Charizard gets pressured too much to he able to risk such a move

D

Deleted member

Bro the move literally has like 10 frames of very obvious indicators that it's going to happen before it even happens(even the audio cue is super loud), it's not like it just comes out of the blue and takes you by surprise. And even if it hits you the enemy Charizard will still have enough endlag that you can likely punish them with a simply Smash attack or other means depending on character(unless you got sent flying from it)
It's not difficult to avoid at all imo, usually a double jump as soon as you hear and see the indicators is enough. Even I can avoid it easy peasy, and I have garbage reflexes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom