• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm honestly sick of the overblown hatred that some people hold towards Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Rex's inclusion in Smash.

It's one thing to dislike the character and the game itself - I'd be lying if I said the game was flawless and certain mechanics, character designs, and story beats didn't rub me the wrong way - but some users here act like it's the ****ing Anti-Christ of gaming and a hideous blight on the series...and I just can't help but laugh at the notion. XC2 was my introduction to the series and it helped me out tremendously through a rough patch in my life and it's a game that I'll likely carry with me for quite some time, so it's honestly deflating to see so much animosity towards something I've actively supported since early 2018.

That being said, I won't feel too gutted if Rex is passed over again since Shulk is here (XC:DE is so ****ing good btw, you should play it), but I'm tired of feeling wrong for supporting more XC2 representation in Smash.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm honestly sick of the overblown hatred that some people hold towards Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Rex's inclusion in Smash.

It's one thing to dislike the character and the game itself - I'd be lying if I said the game was flawless and certain mechanics, character designs, and story beats didn't rub me the wrong way - but some users here act like it's the ****ing Anti-Christ of gaming and a hideous blight on the series...and I just can't help but laugh at the notion. XC2 was my introduction to the series and it helped me out tremendously through a rough patch in my life and it's a game that I'll likely carry with me for quite some time, so it's honestly deflating to see so much animosity towards something I've actively supported since early 2018.

That being said, I won't feel too gutted if Rex is passed over again since Shulk is here (XC:DE is so ****ing good btw, you should play it), but I'm tired of feeling wrong for supporting more XC2 representation in Smash.
Brother, I'm on phone and at work so I can't say much, but thank you so much for saying this.

Seeing people's complain about stuff in XB2, 3 years after it's release is really tiring now. Especially now that I played DE and noticed quite a few problems it share with 2,notably the fanservice of some characters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

As someone who absolutely despises the game and everything it stands for, you're not an awful person for liking it

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I'm not even a XC2 fan and I relate to this. It just gets really exhausting to see something you love getting bashed and hated on over and over again.

Video games are a medium meant to be enjoyed, so it's kind of sad so many people spend so much time and energy getting angry over them instead. Especially right now when the world is on fire and people need positive forms of escape more then ever.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, I understand why people feel the way they do about the game.

I'm not gonna get involved since I've never played the game, but I think it's fairly obvious. I've never really touched a Xenoblade game, so I can't say myself if it's a good game or not, but most of the hate that I see isn't necessarily aimed at the gameplay.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Silly fan art idea: Min Min, but instead of a dragon arm she has a Piranha Plant arm.
Long Stem.jpg

Shroob

Sup?
Also, this probably is not important to anyone, but I just wanna say

The whole:

Super Mario 64 is Personalized creepypasta was legit interesting as a concept.... until they added the goddamn Wario ghost to it.

The idea that a video game subtly changes based on who's playing it to better suit their enjoyment levels? That's kinda neat. Unbelievable, but neat.

But why'd you feel the need to throw in a spoopy ghost into it. You ruined the whole goddamn premise.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm not even a XC2 fan and I relate to this. It just gets really exhausting to see something you love getting bashed and hated on over and over again.

Video games are a medium meant to be enjoyed, so it's kind of sad so many people spend so much time and energy getting angry over them instead. Especially right now when the world is on fire and people need positive forms of escape more then ever.
Circlejerking & being negative in general give you much more attention than being positive ( anger is a strong emotion after all), mostly because it's much harder to express your love of something than just saying "X suck and I hate it because Y", especially on the internet where it's very easy to share your thought & spread ideas.

That, and peoples love beating their horses to death until there is only dust to complain at.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
As of today, it is exactly one month to go until the Comic-Con @ Home event starts and I do hope they reveal further news on upcoming super hero films from Marvel Studios to DCEU etc.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The New Game Plus expo is today. I won't be able to watch any of the streams that I'm interested in due to work (though Grasshopper isn't listed, so maybe that will be part of the hour-long stream that starts at 11 am eastern), but here's hoping that we get a No More Heroes 3 update and some kind of Persona reveal for the Switch! (whether it's a Persona 5 Scramble English release date, vanilla Persona 5 coming to the Switch, or a port of Persona 4 Golden or Persona 3 Portable - I'm fine with any of those outcomes)

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I think people thinking Elma is more likely is the most absurd part about it. Like, come on, she doesn't even have enough demand for her own Banjo-before-Steve/MC scenario.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think people thinking Elma is more likely is the most absurd part about it. Like, come on, she doesn't even have enough demand for her own Banjo-before-Steve/MC scenario.
It makes sense to me; DLC Mii costumes (at least, for characters who aren't already playable) seem to be treated as consolation prizes for a character not making it into the game, with Rex's costume being explicitly given that treatment when it was revealed. With Elma, the only barrier in her way was the idea that spirits disqualify a character, which was proven wrong yesterday.

I realize that it would likely be difficult to confuse Rex with a Mii wearing the Rex Mii costume, but the same thing could be said for K. Rool in Smash 4, and yet he wasn't included in that game.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It makes sense to me; DLC Mii costumes (at least, for characters who aren't already playable) seem to be treated as consolation prizes for a character not making it into the game, with Rex's costume being explicitly given that treatment when it was revealed. With Elma, the only barrier in her way was the idea that spirits disqualify a character, which was proven wrong yesterday.

I realize that it would likely be difficult to confuse Rex with a Mii wearing the Rex Mii costume, but the same thing could be said for K. Rool in Smash 4, and yet he wasn't included in that game.
Except they've addressed complaints about the Rex costume already by making the FP2 costume something that won't make people go "oh COME on, I wanted to play as him!" Likewise, I'm not exactly sure if Rex's costume is completely a DLC costume, as while you have to make an additional purchase (one where you'll care much more about the rest of the content) to use it, it was in version 1.0 and announced pre-release.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
There was a problem fetching the tweet

For the Blue Blur's birthday today, I managed to make my first drawing of him for the occasion. I think it came out pretty alright.​

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So in Japan, Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time still keeps the 4 in its title despite the fact The Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity are titled 4 and 5 respectively in Japan.

Activision is really pushing this rebooting it seems.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The New Game Plus expo is today. I won't be able to watch any of the streams that I'm interested in due to work (though Grasshopper isn't listed, so maybe that will be part of the hour-long stream that starts at 11 am eastern), but here's hoping that we get a No More Heroes 3 update and some kind of Persona reveal for the Switch! (whether it's a Persona 5 Scramble English release date, vanilla Persona 5 coming to the Switch, or a port of Persona 4 Golden or Persona 3 Portable - I'm fine with any of those outcomes)

Definitely looking forward to the Sega and SNK showings. Might also check out the WayForward presentation.

Isn't Arc System Works supposed to be at this event? Not sure what time they'll be starting but if they are then I'll definitely be watching their presentation.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Definitely looking forward to the Sega and SNK showings. Might also check out the WayForward presentation.

Isn't Arc System Works supposed to be at this event? Not sure what time they'll be starting but if they are then I'll definitely be watching their presentation.
All we know is that we'll see more Strive gameplay featuring Zato and Millia, who weren't in demos or the beta

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I'm ok. Taking a brief reprive from working by watching a good mythical morning video about chicken strip dip sauces.

hbu
Dang, I haven’t watched Good Mythical Morning in a while.
I’m doing alright, but that could easily change since I just woke up. Gonna go get a pop tart or smth in a second

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So in Japan, Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time still keeps the 4 in its title despite the fact The Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity are titled 4 and 5 respectively in Japan.

Activision is really pushing this rebooting it seems.
Activision bout to make Crash pull a Halloween with these timeline changes

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

These SNK crossovers get crazier and crazier by the day.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For the New Game Plus Expo, the Atlus content wound up being a trailer for Catherine: Full Body. (maybe there will be something else in the half-hour Sega/Atlus section of the stream this afternoon, but I won't be able to watch that)

We got No More Heroes 3 gameplay, though fittingly enough given Suda's wildcard nature, it was used as the background of his Zoom call, and his body blocked off the middle of the screen. Looked good from what I saw, though.

Also, there was a trailer for a Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon sequel.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just got my first PS4 Platinum trophy from a game that wasn’t from Telltale...very satisfied that it was Persona 5 Royal...thank you maid cafe

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
For the New Game Plus Expo, the Atlus content wound up being a trailer for Catherine: Full Body. (maybe there will be something else in the half-hour Sega/Atlus section of the stream this afternoon, but I won't be able to watch that)

We got No More Heroes 3 gameplay, though fittingly enough given Suda's wildcard nature, it was used as the background of his Zoom call, and his body blocked off the middle of the screen. Looked good from what I saw, though.

Also, there was a trailer for a Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon sequel.
When did Shido become a medieval gunslinger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom