• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
since i beat the "campaign" i have no remorse for time-traveling now, i must now only hope the best villagers don't abandon my life

museum donation dates are also hilarious. you see a wasp donated by me on march 20, 2020 and then "oh yeah cicadas from 2040 bro"

It's an isekai world, that's the plot
ah, i see, kamen rider sword art online...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I have been told that most of the RWBY characters im cross tag are DLC so so with the knowledge that I can avoid a series I dislike I purchased cross tag for that 4.74 price tag

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Just trying to play ARMS online
Forgot about the rush event thing going on. I’m just trying to play a game but every opponent I get is spamming rush because they get it every 5 seconds. Kind of annoying

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I mean, that's kinda hard when Brawl and Smash 4 took all the big ones, first party wise that is. 3rd party wise, I guess Dante, Sora, Master Chief, and Steve, because I'm blanking on what other big names there are (that's feasible).
1586022315246.png

First party, Old Series: Waluigi, Paper Mario, Fawful, King Boo, Tetra, Vatti, Midna, Sylux, Galacta Knight, Bandana Dee*, Krystal, Grovyle, Blaziken, Sceptile, Deoxys, Weavile, Garchomp, Zoroark, Lyn, Hector, Michaiah, Ashley, Louie, Tom Nook, K.K Slider

First Party, New Series: Chibi Robo, Issac, Karate Joe, Chorus Kids, Andy

Third Party, Old Series: Shadow, MMZ Zero*, Soma Cruz, Persona 3 guy, Persona 4 guy.

Third Party, New Series: Master Chief, Sly Cooper, Kratos, Dante, Sora, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Quote Maxwell, Neku, Professor Layton, Cooking Mama, Lyoid, KOS-MOS, Steve**

*: They didn't technically debut in this decade, but they either got their first important appearance or got a significant design that seperates them from older games.

**: Minecaft was in early access at this point. It didn't technically release until the 10's, putting Steve in a weird position.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
since i beat the "campaign" i have no remorse for time-traveling now, i must now only hope the best villagers don't abandon my life

museum donation dates are also hilarious. you see a wasp donated by me on march 20, 2020 and then "oh yeah cicadas from 2040 bro"

ah, i see, kamen rider sword art online...
Garo, actually, Garo's never been kid friendly, though so far there's no nudity

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I entered this giveaway on Twitter and I won a free copy of Disgaea 4 Complete+ for Switch.

Let's see if I'll like this, doods!

Noipoi

Howdy!
This seems to likely be the case as I can’t see it not evolving. Ash likes monkey like Pokémon and they have always evolved( aipom, he had primeape, infernap, etc)
I don’t wanna jump the gun or anything but uhhhhh

Baboom confirmed for smash, g’night everybody.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don’t wanna jump the gun or anything but uhhhhh

Baboom confirmed for smash, g’night everybody.
kind of weird how ash-greninja is just chillin in smash

no one likes to acknowledge it

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Can I just say how happy I am that Grookey's final evolution is so popular now?

It took me a while to get used to the new starters after they were unveiled, but something about Grookey stuck out from the other two to me, and the little plant monkey charmed it's way into my heart. I just needed a little time to reflect on the new designs of the starters, and then after that, Grookey almost instantly became my favorite. To each their own and all, but Scorbunny and Sobble seemed to be easily dominating as the popular ones for a long time. I was worried that Grookey and it's evolutions would become yet another one of those neglected starters that get the short end of the stick from the fanbase in favor of at least one if not both of it's counterparts in the generation. And now look how far he's come.

It's great to see the little guy has come so far and gotten such warm reception. Along with memes, of course, lol; for real, though, the overall popularity of it is what I'm most happy about by far.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
bro i caught a whale shark and an ocean sunfish back-to-back

the hype is real

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Do you mind me asking where's the confirmation that Ash is getting Grookey is coming from? From what I've heard from the anime forums there doesn't seem to be anything concretely tying it to him.

Until ash doesn't evolve it babyyyyyyy
Snivy deserved better.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It took me a while to get used to the new starters after they were unveiled, but something about Grookey stuck out from the other two to me, and the little plant monkey charmed it's way into my heart. I just needed a little time to reflect on the new designs of the starters, and then after that, Grookey almost instantly became my favorite. To each their own and all, but Scorbunny and Sobble seemed to be easily dominating as the popular ones for a long time. I was worried that Grookey and it's evolutions would become yet another one of those neglected starters that get the short end of the stick from the fanbase in favor of at least one if not both of it's counterparts in the generation. And now look how far he's come.

It's great to see the little guy has come so far and gotten such warm reception. Along with memes, of course, lol; for real, though, the overall popularity of it is what I'm most happy about by far.
Grookey's final evo isn't Baboom, I'm afraid you're confusing our overlord with Rillaboom, the closest there is to Baboom is Zarude, Baboom's eternal rival who never wins.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Unfortunately that's more just this board's love for memes. Rillaboom doesn't really get a lot of love in the broader Pokemon fandom.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Cinderace is my favorite cuz it’s cute (and I’m so pissed I might not be able to get it’s gigantamax. ) but Rillaboom is just awesome. It’s a badass design, it’s got a funny gimmick, the whole package.

And the memes. There’s something inherently funny about apes and monkeys.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 268303
First party, Old Series: Waluigi, Paper Mario, Fawful, King Boo, Tetra, Vatti, Midna, Sylux, Galacta Knight, Bandana Dee*, Krystal, Grovyle, Blaziken, Sceptile, Deoxys, Weavile, Garchomp, Zoroark, Lyn, Hector, Michaiah, Ashley, Louie, Tom Nook, K.K Slider

First Party, New Series: Chibi Robo, Issac, Karate Joe, Chorus Kids, Andy

Third Party, Old Series: Shadow, MMZ Zero*, Soma Cruz, Persona 3 guy, Persona 4 guy.

Third Party, New Series: Master Chief, Sly Cooper, Kratos, Dante, Sora, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Quote Maxwell, Neku, Professor Layton, Cooking Mama, Lyoid, KOS-MOS, Steve**

*: They didn't technically debut in this decade, but they either got their first important appearance or got a significant design that seperates them from older games.

**: Minecaft was in early access at this point. It didn't technically release until the 10's, putting Steve in a weird position.
Tbh, none of the 1st party you listed are big (as in, should be a priority over recent or older characters) which is what I was saying by claiming that Brawl and Smash 4 took all the big names. And this is coming from someone who wants Paper Mario and Isaac.

The only ones I can make an exceptions for is Waluigi, Isaac, and Dee (but even Dee is a bit tricky).

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Grookey's final evo isn't Baboom, I'm afraid you're confusing our overlord with Rillaboom, the closest there is to Baboom is Zarude, Baboom's eternal rival who never wins.
baboom is rillaboom's final evolution, achieved when he achieves 1,000 wins in a row

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The MHA finale was pretty wild. Endeavor is a pretty crazy character

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom