• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly Smash takes a whole lot of creative liberties with its Up Specials sometimes. Nothing screamed "recovery" to me about Hydro Pump or Cross Chop before smash - if anything those moves are closer to how I imagine Aqua Jet and Flare Blitz (which is also in Smash) to look on those pokemon.

Tons of moves can work as recoveries if you're creative enough with them.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
PeridotGX PeridotGX I think I’m gonna go with Night Slash for Weavile and Astonish for Decidueye for their Up Specials, those seem like they’d make a lot of sense

Nice moves so far but I do think Decidueye should have at least one grass type move in its specials, if you need any help with ideas, I’d be more than willing to provide more feedback.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
After giving some guys in Doubles Ranked a thorough ass-kicking, I got enough points to claim for myself a Jolly Mint, which I used on Marshadow to complete its training.

So, all together, I've added Zekrom, Genji- er, Celebi, and Marshadow.

Very good day. I'm gonna be doing Battle Tower runs now to farm up a bunch of Battlr Points.

D

Deleted member

I can't sleep but also can't keep my eyes open, it's starting to drive me insane and my head's killing me, too.

Don't mind me, I'm just venting, not like I'm able to do much else right now.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
PeridotGX PeridotGX I think I’m gonna go with Night Slash for Weavile and Astonish for Decidueye for their Up Specials, those seem like they’d make a lot of sense

Nice moves so far but I do think Decidueye should have at least one grass type move in its specials, if you need any help with ideas, I’d be more than willing to provide more feedback.
I wrote Decidueye as a companion piece of sorts to :ultincineroar:, with some of the same ideas. Incineroar doesn't have a single fire move, so Decidueye doesn't get a grass move

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I wrote Decidueye as a companion piece of sorts to :ultincineroar:, with some of the same ideas. Incineroar doesn't have a single fire move, so Decidueye doesn't get a grass move
I guess, though my moveset for him in my Pokémon fighter does have him at least use Flamethrower since spewing flames from the belt is a canon thing in his Pokédex. I’m not gonna directly copy and paste from Smash though I wouldn’t mind having the Smash versions available to switch out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If the target has taken damage in the same turn, then the attack power gets doubled.
Hmm. Maybe you could spam it for extra damage, but the knockback could slightly decrease in return?

That or maybe it could be a combo move akin to Dancing Blade. More or less could kind of work similar to Arm Thrust's animation?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Walking in here after only managing to do about a third of what I aimed for work wise tonight. Gonna be another up til 4am night.

How's everyone?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was looking at Weavile’s movepool and I wonder how Assurance could work as a special move...
It, and only it has reverse scaling in combos. So it gets stronger when applied to a string, as opposed to weakening. Maybe make it act as a great combo ender. As a single use hit or as a neutral tool, it's use becomes much weaker.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Actually what Pokémon moves in general would work as Smash style up specials? I’ve put in a few options like Teleport, Sky Uppercut, Bounce, Dragon Rush, Petal Blizzard, etc.
  • any Flying-type move
  • Jump Kick
  • High Jump Kick
  • Whirlwind
  • Twister
  • Power Whip
  • Toxic Thread
  • Surf
  • String Shot
  • Steel Wing

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I thought we were talking fighting games in general. Doesn't Smash's move degrading come from using the same move constantly, rather than combo length?

• any Flying-type move
  • Jump Kick
  • High Jump Kick
  • Whirlwind
  • Twister
  • Power Whip
  • Toxic Thread
  • Surf
  • String Shot
  • Steel Wing
Petal Dance could probably work too, and U-tun or Volt Switch could work as either a side or upward recovery attack.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Walking in here after only managing to do about a third of what I aimed for work wise tonight. Gonna be another up til 4am night.

How's everyone?
I'm good. Just working. Still got plenty of hours left before I rest for the night.
Also loving my new avatar. Ness <3

D

Deleted member

How's everyone?
Hot, headache, tired but also unable to sleep. Basically everything you can think of.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I finished the Ninth Doctor's run for Doctor Who! I'm glad that I had a good portion of the weekend off, and that I found a box set for the 9th and 10th Doctors, so I could binge watch the second half.

All in all, I liked it - some of the endings to cliffhangers or conflicts came across as a bit like Deus Ex Machina at times (a plot device coming out of nowhere to save the heroes from certain doom), but it was a great introduction to the character, and it was entertaining and accessible.

On to the Tenth Doctor now, though I might take a break for supper. It will be a bit weird for me at first - I'm used to David Tennant as Kilgrave from Jessica Jones, who is a VERY different character from the Doctor.

D

Deleted member

I just had a weird fighting game concept:

It's a arcade-style fighter, but instead of having movesets, each character has a prebuilt deck that can't be changed, and at the beginning of a round the cards you get are randomized. And you can combine certain cards to get better effects, or even do very strong attacks.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man right now I think I'll make a post in the Personal Projects Showcase and then really force myself to finish work.

I'll probably end up kicking stuff out of frustration and having to deal with headaches but hey.
I can't afford to miss another day of college for a while especially with my trip to England and Wales at the end of next week.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just had a weird fighting game concept:

It's a arcade-style fighter, but instead of having movesets, each character has a prebuilt deck that can't be changed, and at the beginning of a round the cards you get are randomized. And you can combine certain cards to get better effects, or even do very strong attacks.
Sonic Battle uses cards as part of its gameplay, which allow you to actually rebuild Emerl entirely to fight how you want. Maybe that could help you work it out?

D

Deleted member

Sonic Battle uses cards as part of its gameplay, which allow you to actually rebuild Emerl entirely to fight how you want. Maybe that could help you work it out?
I was thinking more so how Kingdom Hearts does it in the few games where they use cards

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I finished the Ninth Doctor's run for Doctor Who! I'm glad that I had a good portion of the weekend off, and that I found a box set for the 9th and 10th Doctors, so I could binge watch the second half.

All in all, I liked it - some of the endings to cliffhangers or conflicts came across as a bit like Deus Ex Machina at times (a plot device coming out of nowhere to save the heroes from certain doom), but it was a great introduction to the character, and it was entertaining and accessible.

On to the Tenth Doctor now, though I might take a break for supper. It will be a bit weird for me at first - I'm used to David Tennant as Kilgrave from Jessica Jones, who is a VERY different character from the Doctor.
I was never much of a fan if 9, he always felt kinda creepy and too dark for me (maybe I just had his character from 28 Days Later in the back of my mind).

I had a really weird introduction to Doctor Who: I had just come in from cutting my grandparents' back lawn and ended up falling asleep to what turns out was halfway through the the finale of series 5 (the first season of 11's run). A few days later I thought "that little bit of that show seemed cool" and ended up watching the first episode of series 5, then a few reruns of Tennant era. Then I started from the beginning (of the 2005 restart) and have been watching new episodes as they air ever since.

I love Doctor Who haha

D

Deleted member

I'm jonesing for a leak here, my dudes.
Honestly the fact we've gone this long without any obvious leaks leads me to believe Nintendo is being very protective atm. Like the last major leak we had was...what, for the direct that revealed Byleth? I haven't actually been keeping up with all the leakage, my apologies if this is incorrect

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm jonesing for a leak here, my dudes.
My mans really said y'all got any of them Smash leaks. Even a Sony State of play one.

Yall-Got-Any-More-Of-That.jpg

I'm sure we'll have some major info on games before E3. I'm not sure how picky you are or how many systems you own, but Ghosts of Tsushima dropped a trailer and is coming out in June. On top of Samurai Jack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom