• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Lmao, my friend got hyped as frick when I shared screenshots of this chat through WhatssApp.

Noipoi

Howdy!
IT’S WOMEN’S DAY!

Go up to your favorite woman and say “Hey! You’re woman!”

She’ll appreciate it!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Speaking of Reeves.

Tonight is my start to begin watching his films. Decided between Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and Constantine. Chose to go with the former for two reasons. Ted was probably his most prominent known role until John Wick and so I can get ready to see Face the Music in August after I see that and the second film. That and figure it'd be a good way to begin this marathon.

Its still a crime I haven't seen nor heard of Speed. Plenty of action 90s films I've been missing out on and that's one of them.

Meanwhile still haven't mustered up the courage to get through the beginning of the first John Wick. T_T Still trying tho. Best case scenario suppose I could just skip the first 10 minutes.
Um, what?

I think you might have forgotten something.

For John Wick, you could try skipping to John Wick 2 - all you need to know is that John Wick is a hitman who reluctantly came out of retirement after the death of his wife and dog, and there are hotels called the Continental that act as neutral ground for hitmen. You'd be missing out on one of the better monologues that I've seen (describing why John Wick is such a threat, due to being a man of focus, commitment, and sheer will), and some call-backs, but the dogs are safe in the other two movies.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What if Gengar was the Haunter Ash originally befriended?
Actually, that'd make a ton of sense. It fits heavily with Ash's personality, and he's befriend tons of Pokemon, even Legendaries. Meloetta was the first one to outright travel with him, and in the movies, he teams up with many. He's also beaten a few in the anime itself(the movies aren't all blatantly in continuity. The first two Mewtwo and the Lucario movie are the only ones referenced or treated as part of the storyline. Might be more by now, though).

Also, I think he caught a Dragonite in the new season too? That's pretty big. It's his second Pseudo-Legendary, the first being Gible(who sadly was bussed, never evolving. Like, come on. Use it more. I can understand not going to full form, since that might be a bit OP for his team, but Gabite is fine).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have now 100%ed Samurai Jack: The Shadow of Aku. The game was a good and fun time waster. It's pretty linear, meh level designs and very little strategy beating your enemies rather than mashing one button. Most of the weapons and power-ups are either very similar to each other or pretty much useless. The story wasn't really exciting (though it's possible for it to be canon as it doesn't contradict any of the events of the show). And boy, Jack's model is UUUUUGLY!

Now to move onto the next game: Samurai Jack: The Amulet of Time for GBA.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
> Ash caught Gengar

This makes me happy.

Gengar for Smash!
also when will the anime be localized :(
Probably soon, I believe the last episode of sun and moon just aired. Usually a month or so later they air they dub. The first set of episodes is probably ready to go. It usually stays like 6-10 episodes behind depending on what they do with it

D

Deleted member

Seeing all the Gengar support:

Still feeling like crap, so I ain't gonna stick around. Back to bed with me, bye.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
After finding out that I had a spare Naive mint lying around, I decided to... ugh... change up Zekrom's planned moveset so I don't have to farm another Jolly mint.

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw
- Focus Blast

I don't like Focus Blast. But I suppose it will have to do. Why Zekrom didn't get Aura Sphere is beyond me, but so be it.

Anyways, Celebi and Zekrom are now completed. Marshadow will be done soon.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually what Pokémon moves in general would work as Smash style up specials? I’ve put in a few options like Teleport, Sky Uppercut, Bounce, Dragon Rush, Petal Blizzard, etc.
Fly, Vine Whip, Waterfall, Quick Attack, Agility, Lucario's similar move to Agility(name escapes me), and I forgot what Incineroar had, admittedly.

You could have things like Bone Rush akin to Fire Fox as well. Moves are very easy to work with by changing them up ever so slightly. Also, Sky Attack and Brave Bird are two more easy ones.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Fly, Vine Whip, Waterfall, Quick Attack, Agility, Lucario's similar move to Agility(name escapes me), and I forgot what Incineroar had, admittedly.

You could have things like Bone Rush akin to Fire Fox as well. Moves are very easy to work with by changing them up ever so slightly. Also, Sky Attack and Brave Bird are two more easy ones.
I meant moves that haven’t been in Smash yet, but yeah I think I’ll put Brave Bird on Corviknight though I don’t know if anyone on my roster can learn Sky Attack. I’m considering all kinds of move types so it’s not all Flying Type attacks too.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Lucario has Extreme Speed, Incineroar has Cross Chop and you forgot Greninja has Hydro Pump.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I meant moves that haven’t been in Smash yet, but yeah I think I’ll put Brave Bird on Corviknight though I don’t know if anyone on my roster can learn Sky Attack. I’m considering all kinds of move types so it’s not all Flying Type attacks too.
I'd say don't worry about whether they can learn it or not. Worry if it "can work logically" first. Does it make sense? Yes? Then it works for Smash.

I only say this cause I develop movesets a lot and realize that "canon" is not worth worrying about at all. Fill it out well, but think more on how well it works mechanically. There's a reason I've found Dead Man's Volley to mesh poorly with Ganondorf at this point. It doesn't fit his style at all. He's not projectile-based. Something like Toon Ganondorf, Agnahim, or even ALTTP Ganon would work far more with that type of move.

Lucario has Extreme Speed.
Extreme was the only part I could kind of think of. But it's more or less modified from Agility/Quick Attack(which to be fair, it's actually an upgraded variation of Quick Attack in the games anyway).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'd say don't worry about whether they can learn it or not. Worry if it "can work logically" first. Does it make sense? Yes? Then it works for Smash.

I only say this cause I develop movesets a lot and realize that "canon" is not worth worrying about at all. Fill it out well, but think more on how well it works mechanically. There's a reason I've found Dead Man's Volley to mesh poorly with Ganondorf at this point. It doesn't fit his style at all. He's not projectile-based. Something like Toon Ganondorf, Agnahim, or even ALTTP Ganon would work far more with that type of move.

Extreme was the only part I could kind of think of. But it's more or less modified from Agility/Quick Attack(which to be fair, it's actually an upgraded variation of Quick Attack in the games anyway).
Greninja's up special is closer to Pichu and Pikachu's.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I’m not really good at determining a character’s gameplay style, though I’m trying to take their stats into consideration while also seeing what to pull from their movepools and seeing how they'd work from there.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Um, what?

I think you might have forgotten something.

For John Wick, you could try skipping to John Wick 2 - all you need to know is that John Wick is a hitman who reluctantly came out of retirement after the death of his wife and dog, and there are hotels called the Continental that act as neutral ground for hitmen. You'd be missing out on one of the better monologues that I've seen (describing why John Wick is such a threat, due to being a man of focus, commitment, and sheer will), and some call-backs, but the dogs are safe in the other two movies.
Damn I keep forgetting he was in The Matrix. Doesn't help I didn't know who he was until John Wick.

Also no point watching the other two if I didn't see the first. Best case scenario gonna try to do what I said.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I’m not really good at determining a character’s gameplay style, though I’m trying to take their stats into consideration while also seeing what to pull from their movepools and seeing how they'd work from there.
I'd say think of animations. I've been working on more than one moveset for Brian, if only due to these factors. You want a coherent idea of how they play out.

Albeit, some moves flow easily. Others don't. And these aren't Water type jokes.

Greninja's up special is closer to Pichu and Pikachu's.
I say modified because overall, it goes from two lines in different directions to an arc. In a way, they have similar purposes. Or can be used to reach a similar height. But true, they're fairly different in a way.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Actually what Pokémon moves in general would work as Smash style up specials? I’ve put in a few options like Teleport, Sky Uppercut, Bounce, Dragon Rush, Petal Blizzard, etc.
I've worked on movesets for various Pokemon (Decidueye, Weavile, half done Mr. Rime and Grimmsnarl) and the up-special is usually the hardest one by far. You usually need to change an attack pretty heavily to make it work. Weavile has a really weird version of double team, and Decidueye's tailwind is closer to Revali's Gale than anything in Pokemon.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I've worked on movesets for various Pokemon (Decidueye, Weavile, half done Mr. Rime and Grimmsnarl) and the up-special is usually the hardest one by far. You usually need to change an attack pretty heavily to make it work. Weavile has a really weird version of double team, and Decidueye's tailwind is closer to Revali's Gale than anything in Pokemon.
Well I got three out of four of those in my roster, so I’d be interested in hearing more.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Going down to my uncles tonight for supper who invited dad and I.

Will begin my Keanu Reeves marathon tomorrow with Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom