• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I kinda wonder what my hair would look like if it was blue-green. Never dyed it before but have been thinking about the possibility for a while.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Now some people will argue that green is blue with yellow in it like how they complained that Joker's knife is a short sword.
A knife is just a smaller sword in Anime language.
iori laugh...wait.gif

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If you love Miis, you'd love Failboat: He's a competitive Mii Sword Fighter main.
'know him already.

He does good stuff, tho I haven't checked his videos in awhile.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
So Crash is the new "leak pick", it seems.

It certainly would be a hype reveal to start off the Pass. Of all tge recent games that came out and of all the characters up for DLC, Crash is easily one of the most iconic and beloved characters, with maybe only Master Chief/Doomguy, Sora, or Dante being around his level.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Crash is the new "leak pick", it seems.

It certainly would be a hype reveal to start off the Pass. Of all the recent games that came out and of all the characters up for DLC, Crash is easily one of the most iconic and beloved characters, with maybe only Master Chief/Doomguy, Sora, or Dante being around his level.
NGL, I would be disappointed, but that's only because I really want confirmation(whether it's from a new character or something like a Mii costume) whether or not Card Games have even been considered for DLC. also I've never played any Crash game before, and probably won't ever

If anything, would love to have a Jace Mii, in the same vein as his appearance in WAR
1579626182141.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Even if we probably won’t get a fighter in Smash, I hope we at least get a Tokyo Mirage Sessions Spirit Event. There are so few spirits from it in the game. Feels like a shame.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Personally? Crash only has memes for me. He's a wacky marsupial or whatever but Spyro is the much better character in my eyes, and I prefer a mostly tight platformer collect-a-thon over a slow, clunky platformer that frustrates me any day.

But I'd still respect his inclusion.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Personally? Crash only has memes for me. He's a wacky marsupial or whatever but Spyro is the much better character in my eyes, and I prefer a mostly tight platformer collect-a-thon over a slow, clunky platformer that frustrates me any day.

But I'd still respect his inclusion.
Agree to disagree. Crash N. Same Trilogies are super tight, and I prefer a game that tests my skill at platforming over one that tests me on my ability to find random things. Banjo and Spyro are still really fun games with really charming worlds and fun characters, but when I beat them I don’t feel like I accomplished anything.

Crash meanwhile took a lot of work to learn and now that I have I can BLOW through the entire trilogy in like, two days. When you know what you’re doing and memorize the design the games become FAST. Like, Sonic fast.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I may not think Fatman is lying based on what I can remember from the thread (literally a lot of what he says is speculation, even if some of it is based on stuff he’s heard), but that doesn’t mean I’m a frickin cultist and neither is anyone else in the Geno thread. A lot of the stuff he’s said isn’t even about Geno and he just thinks he’s likely for FP7 due to speculation and maybe one guy he hears from (if I recall) + past stuff. He’s always acknowledged he could be wrong and I don’t think he needs to say that in every post of his, and we acknowledge it as well and don’t take what he says as 100% going to happen, especially since a lot of it is him speculating like other people even he does hear some things. He’s a very well-respected member in there, too, and was even before he got involved with Sabi and inside-info stuff (and Sabi kicked him out for saying something Sabi gave him permission to say, him having proof), and since a lot of people on this site always dump on him when he or the Geno thread are mentioned, including people who’ve come into the thread, and even dump on people in the Geno thread in general as if it’s some place of horrible sins, I think it’s reasonable to expect some users to take them wrong (although I guess some things some people say can be a bit unreasonable). I’ve been in the Geno thread for over a year now, and unless you count some users getting mad/maybe a tad bit toxic like in some other threads (including Newcomer Speculation) and having trouble ignoring trolls (I’ve had this issue too a lot of the time...) for some frickin reason, I have seen nothing to warrant being treated like a bunch of cult-like scumbags.

And I’m just gonna say it: Even if you think Fatman is some serial liar, being a toxic jerk about him and everyone else in the thread, going on about “lol Geno cult” and whatever alongside other people, doesn’t make you look any frickin better.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Agree to disagree. Crash N. Same Trilogies are super tight, and I prefer a game that tests my skill at platforming over one that tests me on my ability to find random things. Banjo and Spyro are still really fun games with really charming worlds and fun characters, but when I beat them I don’t feel like I accomplished anything.

Crash meanwhile took a lot of work to learn and now that I have I can BLOW through the entire trilogy in like, two days. When you know what you’re doing and memorize the design the games become FAST. Like, Sonic fast.
Eh. Whatever, bucko.

I can get through Dark Souls easy peasy but Crash 1 is just stupid. Hitboxes are strange, the momentum seems off at points, and it's just not fun after a while to me.

Besides, any game if played a lot will lead to similar results so Crash ain't that unique. I'll give you the sense of accomplishment, but eh. I guess it comes down to what sort of game design you like better.

Spyro is still the better character tho

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
ZeRo said something along the lines that Crash would be good to get the old rivals Mario, Sonic and Crash together. I couldn't agree more.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I didn't grow up with Crash or Banjo so Rayman was my childhood platformer mascot (other than Mario), but I'd reckon Crash would make a good addition (plus having that valuable East and West appeal)

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Even tho I haven't really played Crash's games, i'd love if he got in. He's super iconic and it would just be a great start to pass 2. Imagine a double reveal with Crash and Spyro. That would be awesome.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I... Also don't get why people had a hard time with The High Road.

And no, I didn't use the ropes for the great majority of the level.

But that's just my luck. I have a problem with the other levels but not the supposedly most frustrating ones.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Geno thread is back and its gotten to the point a person is scared to talk about Mallow, Another character from the same game because it isnt related to geno and could be counted as off topic... oof that poor place

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Geno thread is back andnits gotten to the point a person is scared to talk about Mallow, Another character from the same game because it isnt related to geno and could be counted as off topic... oof that poor place
A while ago I thought about what it would be like if they both got added. While I don’t personally want that, or think it’s super likely, I do think it would be cool.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Geno thread is back andnits gotten to the point a person is scared to talk about Mallow
You ****ing serious? Are mods being too strict again or is this some really bad vibes.

edit: it's the latter. seriously though, i don't think they could ever permanently close the geno support thread. it'll start a ****ing riot.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Might as well summarize my opinion on the first fighters pass. No scores this time, just gonna discuss each character individually.

Joker is probably my least favorite addition, but I still don't dislike him necessarily. I think the music he brought along with him was great. I personally just don't enjoy his playstyle too much, especially Arsene's implementation, which to this day feels awkward. He is a fun opponent, and I can occasionally enjoy a match or two as him, but he's definitely my least played of the pass.

Hero. Never cared for Dragon Quest, so his reveal didn't do much for me. However, the character upon release turned out to be a fun mess. I like how it feels like I have to adapt with what resources or spells the game throws at me. He's not well designed from a competitive standpoint but he's pretty damn fun. Music sucks tho.

Banjo was a really nice surprise. I enjoyed his trailer, and upon release I found him to be a pretty solid, basic but fun fighter. Not too gimmicky, but has some interesting tools to get creative against your opponent with. Music is good, no Gruntilda theme is underwhelming though. Probably my second favorite fighter of the pass.

First place is Terry tho. This character is kinda perfect in every way for me. I loved KoF2000, and it got me into SNK, so this fighter really was a treat upon reveal. Then, upon release, we got 50 whole SNK tracks which made a great addition to this game's OST, an actually REALLY good stage, and my most played fighter from the pass right now. There kinda isn't anything I don't like about this pack.

Byleth. Actually really happy since I had previously expressed a want for this character. Didn't expect them, but that made their reveal all the better. I loved 3H's soundtrack, so hearing it in Smash will be great. I'm really excited by Byleth's playstyle, spacing out my opponents with the spear is going to be a lot of fun. No time abilities is the only underwhelming thing for me. Still, very excited.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I retract my previous statement of y’all nibbas being “out of pocket”

The correct description to place upon you all is y’all nibbas boring af

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Now I want a video where Byleth in a car rolls up to Geno, pulls out a pistol and shoots him.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I retract my previous statement of y’all nibbas being “out of pocket”

The correct description to place upon you all is y’all nibbas boring af
Take that back.
IMG_20191226_110349.jpg

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Who'd win in a fight: Thanos with a fully powered Infinity Gauntlet or Eugene "Flash" Thompson?

My money is on the freak.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Geno thread is back and its gotten to the point a person is scared to talk about Mallow, Another character from the same game because it isnt related to geno and could be counted as off topic... oof that poor place
That thread is honestly the source of a lot of problems it seems.

Geno's fanbase is the new post-Smash 4 Ridley and K. Rool fanbases, and for anyone familiar with that group back then, that ain't a compliment. It's a shame, as there are a lot of the...loud Geno fans that give the cool ones a bad name. As a Waluigi supporter, I can sympathise.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Some of the Geno fanbase is gonna show us how if he ain't in the pass.
Thankfully there’s a very strong chance that we won’t have to find out.

I keep being reminded of something I used to say about Banjo. If he can only be in one Smash game ever, let it be the Ultimate Smash game. Sakurai and Nintendo obviously know the mass fan demand for Geno, and at this point, the circumstances might have just reached the proper alignment for him to join the fight. Obviously Square was gonna push for Dragon Quest first, it’s their #2 series and it struggles in the west. And they were already getting Banjo from Microsoft to quiet down the hardcore fans so why press them on it. Now though, aside from maybe Tomb Raider, most of their series are.... smaller, let’s say. The Bravley, Crono, Mana, and WEWY series aren’t pulling FF numbers any time soon in any region. Making them more likely to seriously consider Sakurai’s requests for Geno. And sure, they might not get much in exposure from it (unless they develop a Mario RPG remake with Nintendo), but they still get the same licensing fees and sales money as they would any other series. And like it or not, there is no character left, that’s not an assist trophy, that is as big in the community as Geno. He’s in a real good place to be this seasons Banjo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom