• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Oh I just realized something. So there are multiple Zeldas and Links, and because Zeldas in Smash change models, Zelda and Sheik can be different people so them not being able to transform makes sense.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What a morning to wake up to.

21 years of Smash its been.

1999::mario64::dk64::link64::samus64::yoshi64::kirby64::fox64::pikachu64::luigi64::ness64::falcon64::jigglypuff64:
2001::peachmelee::bowsermelee::icsmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee::drmario::pichumelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee::gawmelee:
2008::metaknight::pit::zerosuitsamus::wario::snake::ike::pt:(:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:):diddy::lucas::sonic::dedede::olimar::lucario::rob::toonlink::wolf:
2014::4villager::4megaman::4wiifit::rosalina::4littlemac::4greninja::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4palutena::4darkpit::4pacman::4lucina::4robinm::4shulk::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4ryu::4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta:
2018::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:Byleth

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh I just realized something. So there are multiple Zeldas and Links, and because Zeldas in Smash change models, Zelda and Sheik can be different people so them not being able to transform makes sense.
Sakurai is basically telling us Sheik is gonna be in BoTW2 with that Palutena's guidance :nifty:

D

Deleted member

Take a look at me, I'm thiccer than the gravitational pull/event horizon of a black hole.
Of course the first post I see when I get up is this. :v

Anyway, today I just gotta play the waiting game and wait until afterschool to get my shipments because the post office closed yesterday. I know for a fact at least 2/3 of the packages(with the 3rd one probably already at the post office) are in my town, I just gotta wait, arsgsvtshdbsghdjrvdgdu :(

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It ain't fair to not want a character due to a small, vocal fanbase.

But man, they make it hard not to.
I remeber I got told off by one person for telling them to keep their expectations in check by saying "If Geno is in smash" and not "When" and that was out of pure consern that if it may not happen, they are gonna be soul crushed

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Only one week til Byleth finally drops

to think only a week ago, we just had the announcement of the reveal itself

so I guess you can say we've reached the halfway point

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Not even a week ago, crazy ain't it?

I'm excited. I've been playing a lot of Lucina lately so I hope some of that carries over to Byleth.

Wait never mind the ANNOUNCEMENT of the reveal I need to be taught how to read again.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh yeah, I forgot to share my Fighter's Pass predictions here:

Here are my predictions!

View attachment 258975

Dante: Not at all something I want, but things seems to be falling into place for him. Capcom is pushing DmC hard right now, there's a bunch of Switch ports of the games still coming, and Capcom is the most crossover happy company that ever was. I would love to be wrong and have this be Phoenix, but I don't think I will be, unfortunately. Ah well, I'll be happy for his fans!

Crash: If we're getting another western IP, Crash seems to make the most sense to me. He's an extremely iconic character that would fit right in, and will finally succeed where PBR failed. :p

Agnès: Bravely is being mad slept on for Smash DLC: The series is basically a Nintendo exclusive, and Nintendo and Square both felt the series was big enough to have a new reveal for it be spotlighted at The Game Awards. If Square gets another character, I wouldn't count Agnès out.

Lloyd: Okay, like...Y'all already know I want Yuri, ha ha. I post about him quite a lot and he is probably in my top three most wanted, but let's be real, Symphonia is the Tales of darling. If it's getting in (and I would be very surprised at this point if it isn't), Lloyd's gonna be the rep. And that's fine, Symphonia is cool.

...Yuri would be robbed, though >:-(

Arle: Sega has been pushing Puyo Puyo more in the west and she seems to be one of the more unique Sega options available. I could totally see Sakurai choosing her for a chance at making a puzzle game-based moveset.

Toxtricity: The inevitable first party promotional pick that ticks everyone off. I'll be one of the few who will love it.

I'll post my wishlist pass later, these take forever to make, lol.
Gonna make a wishlist version later today. Can't wait for everything to be 100% wrong. :)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
makes it even better that they’re from different games this time (technically the last two games aswell, but Sheik was planned for TP so nah)
What a morning to wake up to.

21 years of Smash its been.

1999::mario64::dk64::link64::samus64::yoshi64::kirby64::fox64::pikachu64::luigi64::ness64::falcon64::jigglypuff64:
2001::peachmelee::bowsermelee::icsmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee::drmario::pichumelee::falcomelee::marthmelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee::gawmelee:
2008::metaknight::pit::zerosuitsamus::wario::snake::ike::pt:(:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:):diddy::lucas::sonic::dedede::olimar::lucario::rob::toonlink::wolf:
2014::4villager::4megaman::4wiifit::rosalina::4littlemac::4greninja::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4palutena::4darkpit::4pacman::4lucina::4robinm::4shulk::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4ryu::4cloud::4corrin::4bayonetta:
2018::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:Byleth
and to think there’s 6 more characters planned to release

the wait is soon to be worth it
Byleth mains next week:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Byleth Party Time

How did everyone sleep?
well...I witnessed the end of the world via a black hole and
an alien dinosaur man committing suicide due to solider reasons...then Splinter having his first death
on Ninja Turtles, so...I’d say I slept pretty normally

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
User was warned for double posting
what the **** is a sleep
Good question

Oh yeah, I forgot to share my Fighter's Pass predictions here:

Gonna make a wishlist version later today. Can't wait for everything to be 100% wrong. :)
I wouldn’t complain. It’s pretty good. Except for no Geno.

Have you already commented on mine (in my sig)? I can’t remember.

MooMew64

I wouldn’t complain. It’s pretty good. Except for no Geno.

Have you already commented on mine (in my sig)? I can’t remember.
Talking about my own personal thoughts on chances, I don't think Geno's, Tekken's, or Ayumi's are all that high. Geno I feel is unfortunately destined to be a vocal minority want, Ayumi's games suffer from what kept Takamaru from fully joining, and Tekken I believe suffers from lacking a way to distinguish itself from other fighting game characters in Sakurai's eyes, as Sakurai is unsure how he'd translate Tekken mechanics into Smash.

Travis, Crash, and Doom all seem possible in my eyes, though.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Thank God, because having to wait even longer would have been tortuous.

I haven't been this excited for a DLC fighter since Joker.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Talking about my own personal thoughts on chances, I don't think Geno's, Tekken's, or Ayumi's are all that high. Geno I feel is unfortunately destined to be a vocal minority want, Ayumi's games suffer from what kept Takamaru from fully joining, and Tekken I believe suffers from lacking a way to distinguish itself from other fighting game characters in Sakurai's eyes, as Sakurai is unsure how he'd translate Tekken mechanics into Smash.

Travis, Crash, and Doom all seem possible in my eyes, though.
I can see what you mean about Tekken and Ayumi, even if I don’t agree. But Geno fans are not a minority by any sense of the word. He’s been a consistent big community want since Brawl.

I’ll always point to people who called Banjo a vocal minority when talking about Geno.

Good for you. Just let me step aside and let you hype while I struggle to comprehend.

Last edited:

MooMew64

I can see what you mean about Tekken and Ayumi, even if I don’t agree. But Geno fans are not a minority by any sense of the word. He’s been a consistent big community want since Brawl.

I’ll always point to people who called Banjo a vocal minority when talking about Geno.
Difference between Banjo and Geno in my eyes is that Geno is only a core-Smash fandom bubble want. Banjo was as well, but was also popular enough to have pull outside the bubble as well and still had relevance through things like the modern rereleases of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. Geno's parent company doesn't even acknowledge his existence, and when there was a chance for him to get a modern cameo via the M&L Superstar Saga remake, his original cameo was deliberately cut.

I mean, I'd love to be wrong: Having SMRPG content would be incredible (even though I want Mallow more, lol).

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Can't wait to play a woman with an impressive sized spear. Maximum thrust.

ZeRo suggested in a video that second round of fighter passes will have 3 Nintendo characters and 3 third parties, to balance profit and fan pleasing

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eh, define tight lipped.

Even Verg dumped every Mii costume before the Direct.

According to him, someone messaged him right before the Direct aired and told him everything it'd have, and the evidence is him saying every Mii outfit before it aired.
Verge may have learned literally last minute but I’d say that further helps the case. Look at verge and Sabi the last few months.

They played an endless game of guess who and didn’t truly know what was going on, and Sabi still doesn’t imo. Last minute I’d like Vr plant. That means if this info couldn’t be shared sooner, it’s likely the source didn’t know it till then.

Sakurai even said it himself that very few knew who fighter five was. Which explains why the leakers were clueless for so long.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Imo trusting leakers is a mistake. All you will accomplish is get hyped over something you like being promised and then it's something else and you will feel too betrayed to enjoy it. Best case scenario, you learn who it is, ruin your own surprise and then trust that leaker and they eventually give you false info. Only trust people with proof, not reputation.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Good for you. Just let me step aside and let you hype while I struggle to comprehend.
What's so difficult to comprehend about it? I wasn't a fan of Dragon Quest before Hero's announcement (love the series now, though), Banjo does nothing for me since I've never played his games, and Terry's reveal didn't hit me hard since I'm not super into Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters.

Three Houses was one of my favorite games from 2019 and seeing it represented like this means a lot to me.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tekken has plenty to differentiate itself from 2D fighting games.

I think its problem is being too different from them, as Sakurai can't just copy-paste the base.

ZeRo suggested in a video that second round of fighter passes will have 3 Nintendo characters and 3 third parties, to balance profit and fan pleasing
I still expect one or two first parties. Nintendo making an almost fully third party pass and then immediately making an U-turn doesn't seem likely to me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
What's so difficult to comprehend about it? I wasn't a fan of Dragon Quest before Hero's announcement (love the series now, though), Banjo does nothing for me since I've never played his games, and Terry's reveal didn't hit me hard since I'm not super into Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters.

Three Houses was one of my favorite games from 2019 and seeing it represented like this means a lot to me.
fire emblem bad, third parties good

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

I’ll always point to people who called Banjo a vocal minority when talking about Geno
"Big" is subjective. It was discussed last night in the Newcomer Speculation thread just last night by people that were actually around during the time. Hindsight bias is 20/20.

It was obviously enough to get us the Smash 4 Mii outfit/Ultimate spirit, which is more than any of us back then ever expected once the post-Brawl reality set in.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Difference between Banjo and Geno in my eyes is that Geno is only a core-Smash fandom bubble want. Banjo was as well, but was also popular enough to have pull outside the bubble as well and still had relevance through things like the modern rereleases of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. Geno's parent company doesn't even acknowledge his existence, and when there was a chance for him to get a modern cameo via the M&L Superstar Saga remake, his original cameo was deliberately cut.

I mean, I'd love to be wrong: Having SMRPG content would be incredible (even though I want Mallow more, lol).
I mean.... the cameo was probably cut because square is expensive and the roll was very minor.

It’s just...... never mind.....

MooMew64

Same here! TBH, Byleth's hype matches Joker for me. I'm so excited for next week, especially since I've been playing Three Houses for the first time recently!

Byleth is easily tied with Joker for my favorite DLC newcomer. In fact, after I play Byleth, I could easily see myself liking them more.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Okay, but did you consider:

"Byleth is a blue haired anime swordsmen"

*drops mic, FE fans are owned, Sakurai deletes Marth, next pass is 6 Genos*

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I don't understand the Byleth hate. What's there to hate? It's a cute sexy woman and a handsome cool man, both being quite stylish, who have a glowing whip blade with a better version of the most fun part of Joker's kit, cool spear made to out space other fighters (Corrin on dragon steroids), strong flashy bow and an axe with big damage and a better Warlock Punch (at least good for memes). So lovingly crafted and fun.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Same here! TBH, Byleth's hype matches Joker for me. I'm so excited for next week, especially since I've been playing Three Houses for the first time recently!

Byleth is easily tied with Joker for my favorite DLC newcomer. In fact, after I play Byleth, I could easily see myself liking them more.
Same here. I thought Edelgard would get in instead, so I was super excited when Byleth got in instead. I even started to like fem! Byleth's design thanks to Smash.

Joker and Byleth having a lot of similarities also helps. Definitely closed the pass with a high note for me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In the mood for a killer Bigfoot flick tonight.

Gonna watch me myself Big Legend (2018).

LMAO sounds like something you'd order from McDonalds.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"Big" is subjective. It was discussed last night in the Newcomer Speculation thread just last night by people that were actually around during the time. Hindsight bias is 20/20.

It was obviously enough to get us the Smash 4 Mii outfit/Ultimate spirit, which is more than any of us back then ever expected once the post-Brawl reality set in.
All I’m saying is that this feels a lot like the anti-banjo groundswell that happened pre E3. People minimizing the support for the character either because they just don’t see it or are trying to keep their expectations low. And look how that worked out. We aren’t playing as Steve or Chief in Smash, that’s for sure. And the fact that those exact same arguments are being peddled against Geno only people are now pretending that they don’t apply to banjo when they “used too”........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom