• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77071304

Mind you, this is before the DLC (or Ken and Incineroar) was announced or released; going by their roster (and their comment that "Third parties are all evil. They are all gone. It's for the best."), they'd probably cut all of those characters as well.

As someone who's not a fan of large amounts of cuts, and someone who is a fan of the third party characters that have been added to Smash, it's a pretty terrible roster.
-removes greninja because his fifteen minutes of fame are over

-adds multiple obscure Japanese characters and ****ing minds and wolf link who have long passed their fifteen minutes of fame.

Yup this list is still **** and I’m still convinced it was made to trigger people

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Mind you, this is before the DLC (or Ken and Incineroar) was announced or released; going by their roster (and their comment that "Third parties are all evil. They are all gone. It's for the best."), they'd probably cut all of those characters as well.

As someone who's not a fan of large amounts of cuts, and someone who is a fan of the third party characters that have been added to Smash, it's a pretty terrible roster.
Dang, this lad really needs to get off of his high horse. Assuming this isn’t to piss people off, that is.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Surprised that he didn't cut Shulk because "anime swordfighter" and for being from an "obscure franchise" .

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

-Snake (Worthless third party from a dead franchise)
-Falco (Starfox is not that big of a deal anymore...)
Proceeds to add characters like Isaac, an Advance Wars rep, a Custom Robo rep and Saki Amamiya

lol

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

That’s..awful wow. Even worse than that one roster I saw where the guy cut Mario lol.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Proceeds to add characters like Isaac, an Advance Wars rep, a Custom Robo rep and Saki Amamiya

lol
Either trolling or has an astonishing lack of self-awareness.

Ok. Random thought. How likely is a League of Legends character joining Smash?
Who would even be the main rep for that series? I can understand Tracer being the Overwatch rep, but does League have a protagonist/main character figure?

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I know some League of Legends characters, and AFAIK none of them stand out popularity- or importance-wise. Based on this, a character would probably have to be picked based on their gameplay.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I know some League of Legends characters, and AFAIK none of them stand out popularity- or importance-wise. Based on this, a character would probably have to be picked based on their gameplay.
Based on my minimal knowledge, maybe the LoL representative could be a summoner who’s moveset consists of summoning some of the champions to attack for them.

...yes I realize how impossible and time consuming a character like that would be.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Unlikely? I don't know why that would happen.
IDK. Game is really popular and IG would be bringing another new audience to Smash. Then again we kind of moved away from the whole “new audiences” theory didn’t we. IDK. I guess I’m just thinking about it because it would be unexpected. Like, no one has ever really brought up LoL in discussion. And we’ve run the gambit from Borderlands to Touho.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was looking forward to sitting in front of our kitchen window in the house we moved into and watching the snow. I never expected the bamboo to bend down like this.

F25959E5-7401-489F-B9C3-33DE89F708D1.png

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
why the **** are we talking about the chihuahua roster?

what chain of events caused that stain on the community to come up?
One user's been spamming a poll about their roster across multiple threads, one person compared it to the Chihuahua roster, and other people asked for context about what that meant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hoping to head over to my nearest(aka the only damn one) Locals and play a game or two tommorow.

Arghhhh, building Cyberse is super expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. Arlo’s DLC prediction has spurred me into creating a new dlc lineup. What day you to this?

Fighter 5: Ahri (League of Legends)

Off Season Bundle
  • Geno
  • Edleguard von Hræsvelgr
  • Forrest Maze
  • Music and Spirits from both Mario RPG and Three Houses
Fighter Pass 2/Finale Expansion
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Santa Destroy
  • No More Heroes Spirits and Music
  • Rayman
  • Band Land
  • Rayman Spirits and Music
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • N. Sanity Island
  • Crash Spirits and Music
  • Dr. Eggman (considered a mid-season bonus but included in the pass)
  • Monster Hunter (customizable or not, I don’t really care)
  • Ancestral Steppe
  • Monster Hunter spirits and music
  • Heihachi Mishima
  • Pagoda Temple
  • Tekken Spirits and Music
  • Officer Howard
  • Astral Plain Incursion
  • Astral Chain Spiris and Music
  • Master Chief
  • Instillation 04
  • Halo Spirits and Music

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So this is just a question I wanted to ask for those who are fans of RPGs (you don’t have to respond if you’re not a fan), what are some elements that you like or dislike about these games (anything from gameplay, story, etc.) and are there any examples of games that do either?

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220

I love how this list includes freaking Lip but considers characters like Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man etc. as "worthless 3rd parties". How have I not seen this before now? It's comedy gold!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So this is just a question I wanted to ask for those who are fans of RPGs (you don’t have to respond if you’re not a fan), what are some elements that you like or dislike about these games (anything from gameplay, story, etc.) and are there any examples of games that do either?
I've always hated quests that make you grind for item drops, but ones in which that item drop is random especially drive me insane.

Honestly padding in general sucks. I'd rather have a short game that I enjoy every second of then an overly long one full of grinding and repetition. That's not to say that RPGs shouldn't have sidequests, I just think those sidequests should be interesting. Like defeating an optional miniboss, fighting an enemy under special conditions or finding a hidden area full of treasure.

Edit: Oh right, examples.
Xenoblade X/2 have a lot of scavenger hunt sidequests that make you grind for random drops. Etrian Odyssey generally has varied sidequests that only on rare occasions ask you to grind for something. Shout out to Breath of the Wild and all its puzzle and exploration based sidequests as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For one side at least they didn’t cut Hero, Samus, Ridley and Zero Suit Samus.

On the other side, this list is seriously yikes.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So there are rumors of more Wii U games coming to Switch, eh?

I still have my fingers crossed for Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Star Fox Zero, and The Wonderful 101.

D

Deleted member

Well, my sister gave me her own late Christmas present too! Check this:

And it's colored in NEON!
That ain’t neon chief.

That’s red and black!

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I still have my fingers crossed for Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Star Fox Zero, and The Wonderful 101.
I don't think we'll be seeing Star Fox: Zero when it was based around a gamepad gimmick that can't be replicated on the Switch, and that's a darned shame because it was actually fun game once you got past the weird controls. Its soundtrack was also super underrated.

I'd rather hope for a new game from the same engine that takes the game's criticisms to heart, but that's unlikely when Zero didn't do so great. Besides, we all know how stubborn Miyamoto can be.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You should see how bad the snow it back up in my hometown.
I haven’t experienced intense snowstorms like in Canada, Alaska or Hokkaido. I’m originally from north Ohio but we would still get lots of snow so I’m used to it unlike my wife who never experienced snow until we moved here. Still, this is pretty tame and a very warm winter. The past winters have been really cold and snowy up until April.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Made it to the Inhumans interlude on NG+. I'm tryna get some lower level heroes up in power since it'll give me a ton of good stuff. I still gotta unlock Loki, but I ain't gonna lie, I wasn't exactly trying to get him unlike Magneto and Elektra where I made an actual effort for it. It's all for that Symbiote Spider-Man costume. But that Thane challenge ain't until level 90, so that's a while off. So far, I've gotten Wolverine, Magneto, Miles, Ghost Rider, Scarlet Witch, Ghost Spider, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Daredevil to pretty decent levels.

It's also ****ed up how the Inhumans literally built a race for basically slave labor. They really are just worse X-Men. You hate to see it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
For one side at least they didn’t cut Hero, Samus, Ridley and Zero Suit Samus.

On the other side, this list is seriously yikes.
The only reason Hero isn't there is because he wasn't revealed yet. The only things that thing hates more third party characters are Sakurai and women over the age of 18.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wow I got a second shiny dreepy while clearing my other eggs out. That’s pretty cool, I’m not sure what to do with it yet.

Honesty a pikmin collection would be pretty great as would a w101 port or even sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom