• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't think we'll be seeing Star Fox: Zero when it was based around a gamepad gimmick that can't be replicated on the Switch, and that's a darned shame because it was actually fun game once you got past the weird controls. Its soundtrack was also super underrated.

I'd rather hope for a new game from the same engine that takes the game's criticisms to heart, but that's unlikely when Zero didn't do so great. Besides, we all know how stubborn Miyamoto can be.
Yeah, it would take a lot of work but I don't think it would be impossible. Switch has gyro controls and they could do like when you play single player Four Swords Adventures without the GBA where sometimes a second screen will show. (Star Fox Guard, however, is indeed impossible).

But I'm not sure how soon we'll see a new game when we had 3 consecutive years of major Star Fox stuff (Zero/Guard in 2016, Star Fox 2 in 2017, and the Star Fox crossover in Starlink: Battle for Atlas in 2018).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So this is just a question I wanted to ask for those who are fans of RPGs (you don’t have to respond if you’re not a fan), what are some elements that you like or dislike about these games (anything from gameplay, story, etc.) and are there any examples of games that do either?
Anyone else wanna take me up on this?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So there are rumors of more Wii U games coming to Switch, eh?

I still have my fingers crossed for Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Star Fox Zero, and The Wonderful 101.
Xenoblade Chronicles X and a dual pack of Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD, pls.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Bruh.

What a loser.
Exactly, I only bothered to look at the list of removed characters and sure didn't like it. Some of this guy's reasonings for wanting them removed also deserve a major "bruh" moment.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Anyone else wanna take me up on this?
From the handful of RPGs I’ve played and enjoyed, I prefer it when A: you can do a lot in a single turn, B: the moves require more then selecting an option in the menue. Like Undertale or Paper Mario, C: It’s really easy to get super strong, weather that’s easier difficulties, easy access to grinding, EXP Candies, Persona’s dating sim segments, or anything else, and D: It has defined characters where the customization is limited. Like Cloud in FFVII or the actual Pokémon in Pokémon. Set characters with personalities make for a better story and make battling more enjoyable. Also, I’ve never played it, but I really like EarthBound’s rolling XP system.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The AI trainers in raid battles are more of a liability than anything else. It'd be easier without them. My Pokemon can take a hit, but the level 30 magikarp that showed up to beat a Vileplume can't.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So this is just a question I wanted to ask for those who are fans of RPGs (you don’t have to respond if you’re not a fan), what are some elements that you like or dislike about these games (anything from gameplay, story, etc.) and are there any examples of games that do either?
Hm, I'd say the constant gratification from becoming stronger by leveling up and finding new equipment is the biggest reason why I'm drawn towards the genre, but I don't like it when RPGs grind to a halt by forcing you to grind to overcome certain challenges.

That's probably why my favorite RPGs include the Xenoblade games, Persona 5, and Chrono Trigger, as grinding is in no way a necessity to complete them.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I like them just because they take out shields so I don’t have to waste my dynamax on it.
they aren't even good at that though.

More than once, I've had a G-Max Snorlax with one shield slice left, and Hawlucha uses the (useless) Feather Dance instead of an attacking move. It cost me a victory once.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How would those characters work in terms of different attributes?
Yoshi would probably play like how he does in Mario 64 DS. Meaning he has his flutter and he can eat enemies to throw eggs, at the cost of being able to use power ups like the fire and Boomerang Flowers. He’d still be able to climb using the cat suit and float with the taboo KI suit though.

Daisy would probably be heavier then peach but also faster. Wario would have the weakest jump and the slowest walk speed, but the best traction. Countering would be Waluigi with the best jump and Speed in the game but the worst traction of any character. Like, the same traction as Plessie.
they aren't even good at that though.

More than once, I've had a G-Max Snorlax with one shield slice left, and Hawlucha uses the (useless) Feather Dance instead of an attacking move. It cost me a victory once.
I’ve never been able to beat any 5-star race mons. But they do pretty well in 1-4 star mons.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
How would those characters work in terms of different attributes?
I'd be cool if Yoshi worked like he did in Super Mario 64 DS. He could eat enemies and spit them out as eggs, which was a really interesting spin on Mario 64 and would be in 3-D World. No idea on Waluigi, Wario, or Toadette though.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So our first ama for next week will be...

and our second will be

if both give the greenlight, expect their amas to drop next Tuesday and Saturday respectively

reminder that we only got a couple peeps left on the waiting list,

so if you haven't had an ama yet and would like to participate, now would be a good time to sign up

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finished watching episode 20 of Ace Attorney. All I got to say to Regina is...

Uh girl you realize Acro still murdered your own father in cold blood and when originally he intended on targeting you right? Whether or not you indirectly got his brother into a coma...

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
That reminds me how good Mario 64 DS was. It was near-perfect, the only problem was the controls (and that was only when going back to it after playing the original). I'd be really disappoined if a Mario 64 HD Remake didn't have the DS content.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Cool and Good.
Here's Yoshi himself I made in Spore:
That's better than the official strategy guide attempted

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
That reminds me how good Mario 64 DS was. It was near-perfect, the only problem was the controls (and that was only when going back to it after playing the original). I'd be really disappoined if a Mario 64 HD Remake didn't have the DS content.
Super Mario 64 DS was a damn ambitious game. Come May it'll be 15 years since I bought that game. 3DS slide pad did help the controls in later years. Has held pretty well.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have come back after seeing the new Star Wars movie.

I liked it. It was great! Maybe not the greatest movie of all time, but it was no abomination. I enjoyed the movie so much.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
If it only wasn't so particular about who rescues whom that it prevents Yoshi from defeating Boos :yoshi:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played a bit of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, and I feel good about how it went. As it turns out, if you set the Danger Room to the highest difficulty (Delta) and play online, you go up two full tiers on the prize track if you win, and one full tier if you lose. Given that there's thirty tiers on the prize track, it makes a really big difference - I was able to make it so three or four other players could go up by four tiers (roughly half of the way to one of the costumes, since there's a costume on the seventh, 14th, 21st, and 28th tiers) while going up two tiers myself for doing minimal work. (I looked up comics to read on Marvel Unlimited, and played a bit to make it so I wasn't kicked for inactivity and so I could explore the levels)

Plus, I was on my own team (with three computer players), so I didn't cost my teammates anything. I think I'll do more of that tomorrow; it felt great to help other people, and it kept the process from feeling too grindy.

On a completely unrelated note, Games Done Quick starts tomorrow! I feel like the speedrun for Untitled Goose Game is going to be insane, and I'm interested to see how they'll break Bayonetta 2 and Devil May Cry 5. (plus, there's going to be Yetee shirts to look forward to) I'll probably avoid the speedruns for A Hat In Time and Final Fantasy 8, since I want to play them at some point.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm rebuilding my RP team in Pokemon. It's still going to encompass mainly Dark-Type Pokemon, but I want to add a little more variety.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
That's better than the official strategy guide attempted

And then Sloshi evolves into:
EIaS6SrXYAAEK5p.jpeg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Finished watching episode 20 of Ace Attorney. All I got to say to Regina is...

Uh girl you realize Acro still murdered your own father in cold blood and when originally he intended on targeting you right? Whether or not you indirectly got his brother into a coma...
That’s why you should play the games first. That case is really done poorly imo in the anime. Regional has much more of a feel for her personality and background in the games that explain why she is the way she is.

She also is in investigations too and is portrayed with a little more insight there. In fact I would wager she is a form of different disabilities that hindered her view and make her a little more naive, but I think it’s done well

D

Deleted member

I liked it. It was great! Maybe not the greatest movie of all time, but it was no abomination. I enjoyed the movie so much.
Heretic! Heretic!
685CCD1D-27FF-4CD4-91DD-463183E0E083.gif

I’m not even a fan of Star Wars lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I'm glad you liked it!

I do think the story writing is quite wack and shoddy at multiple points, but the second half brings things together decent enough, and the character development for the most part is *on point*.

While with glaring flaws, Rise of Skywalker I enjoyed myself. I'd give it a low B tier/high C tier rating... I've seen better, but it's pretty decent. "Solid mid-tier" movie, you could say.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The gameplay can be a little bit repetitive. I think Undertale is a good example of how to keep it fresh. Each enemy has different attack patterns that you need to avoid.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Whaddya know, I also just got back from RoS. There was one rather large decision that effected the whole direction of the film and which I thought was kinda dumb and made no sense
making Palpatine the main villain
But if they were going to go that direction I don't think they could have done that much better. Overall I liked it better than the Force Awakens.

'Course I also liked TLJ so I'm a heretic anyway.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm glad you liked it!

I do think the story writing is quite wack and shoddy at multiple points, but the second half brings things together decent enough, and the character development for the most part is *on point*.

While with glaring flaws, Rise of Skywalker I enjoyed myself. I'd give it a low B tier/high C tier rating... I've seen better, but it's pretty decent. "Solid mid-tier" movie, you could say.
Yeah, I knew there were some flaws in the movie myself. It certainly was no masterpiece, but it was still good in my eyes.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I made a tier list showing which Gen 1 Pokemon have gotten love after their generation.
Gen1 Tier list.png

26/82 Gen 1 Pokemon lines haven't gotten anything new since gen 1. Somehow, that number feels both high and low.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What's the weirdest most obscure character that's on your top 10 list of most wanted smash characters. Everybody has one. Mine is Dig Dug, and if that's too well known to qualify, the Rampage Trio (they could easily be skins of each other).

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
What's the weirdest most obscure character that's on your top 10 list of most wanted smash characters. Everybody has one. Mine is Dig Dug, and if that's too well known to qualify, the Rampage Trio (they could easily be skins of each other).
Maxwell Scribblenaut. I wouldn't call him massively obscure, but he's most certainly the most.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I made a tier list showing which Gen 1 Pokemon have gotten love after their generation.
26/82 Gen 1 Pokemon lines haven't gotten anything new since gen 1. Somehow, that number feels both high and low.
Based on this, they should start focusing on Johto mons now. A lot of them had their lines expanded by Sinnoh, or they already continued from Kanto mons. But there are still plenty that should have their lines expanded, or get new forms.

:164::166::168::171::178::189::192::195::203::205::206::210::211::213::217::219::224::225::227::232::234::235::241: are the mons that came from new lines, and have got nothing since their inclusion.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think mine might be Alexandra Roivas from Eternal Darkness. The game had a much deeper magic system than I realized, and there would be so many great options for stage hazards. (pretty much any of them would make the stage in question not competitively viable, but it would be fun to watch given the original game's insanity effects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom