• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm slowly getting better, but uh this ain't it chief
sketch1578196515057.png

(it's meant to be an apple)

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
https://mcucosmic.com/2020/01/04/ru...ve-gained-full-control-of-the-hulk-and-namor/

The Hulk is FREEEE MOTHER ****ERS!!!!

My favorite Marvel character might FINALLY be getting another movie!!
Incredible Hulk (08) is underrated IMO, so I'd be hyped to see another solo Hulk. Would be cool to see them tie up loose ends such as The Leader and the Betty Ross/Black Widow romances. Red Hulk maybe?

I want to see what Mark Ruffalo can do in a more balanced role vs. a (mostly) straight comic relief role. I just wonder what they could do with the character after the events of Endgame?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
can i say that I hate the purpleish lighting that Dynamax Pokemon have? It changes the color pallet of some Pokemon quite drastically, so I think it's a shiny and get my hopes up. D-Max G-Stunfisk looks just like a shiny!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'm slowly getting better, but uh this ain't it chief
View attachment 255751
(it's meant to be an apple)
I'm going to ask, what are you using to draw? A mouse? Because, if you seriously want to draw/improve at it, I think it would be better that you started with pencil and paper before anything else. And it would also help to use reference images of whatever you want to draw.

Just some advice.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's a team that you create for roleplaying reasons. Just something fun I like to do in the newer games.

I do it mostly for trainer card flair. When you create your Trainer Card, the team you currently had at the time is printed on the back, so I wanted to create a team that would be seen there. I also wanted to actually own said team, fully trained and ready for a fight.

I have a really sick Trainer Card now because of this.
Somehow I never realized that league cards record your team. I probably ought to figure out what I'm going to put on mine. Probably Dragapult/Kommo-o/Gyarados/Silvally + two others.

Heh, now you've got me thinking about how I'm going to personify my in-game trainer.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
https://mcucosmic.com/2020/01/04/ru...ve-gained-full-control-of-the-hulk-and-namor/

The Hulk is FREEEE MOTHER ****ERS!!!!

My favorite Marvel character might FINALLY be getting another movie!!
If this is real it would make sense. After all feige did say there’s a brand new character coming the doctor strange sequel that many won’t expect. Combine that with the director putting out that tweet of a comic where Namor teamed up with strange, and you have a pretty interesting case to make that he could be coming to doctor strange two and maybe lead to a defenders mcu movie. After all hulk has gone through now it be really interesting to see how a solo film would work too.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I don't know why but I've been in a big RE mood lately and I just replayed R1make and R2make. I also for some reason decided to replay Resident Evil 6 when I should be replaying 4 instead.

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
So this is just a question I wanted to ask for those who are fans of RPGs (you don’t have to respond if you’re not a fan), what are some elements that you like or dislike about these games (anything from gameplay, story, etc.) and are there any examples of games that do either?
That kinds depends on what is an RPG. Is it more about immersing yourself in a role or more the mechanics familiar to so called RPGs. Because the latter is filled by some more artificial RPGs. Like Skyrim and Fallout 4. It's hard to feel truly immersed but you can **** around with stats and abilities a lot. I don't quite like those.
There's this game called Risen that feels very bare bones in one sense but comfortable in another. Like you get beached onto a strange island, your character is just as clueless as you are, wildlife likes to maul you and NPCs mostly wanna ignore you. I never play that game for longer than a couple of hours,it has very little mechanics and I never feel like I got somewhere but it still feels like a realistic portrayal of what it's like to be a random bum and have to weasel your way into social circles.
But there's also Xenoblade and Witcher. Both are immersive but one uses grind as a way to show character growth and another that basically removes grind entirely in favour of strategy. Those are closest to what I think the genre should be.
Ok. Random thought. How likely is a League of Legends character joining Smash?
You madwoman! Do you want Smash Ultimate to implode under the combined toxicity of the two communities? That would be a global disaster!
Who would even be the main rep for that series? I can understand Tracer being the Overwatch rep, but does League have a protagonist/main character figure?
But there's only one character.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
These really are type of ads YouTube is trying to get me to watch, huh?
EA4A43B6-EB7B-4082-8843-42344E2925FC.jpeg

0AEE82F6-6104-4532-A695-2F811EF88356.jpeg
35C93475-13DD-4CFF-A6AB-99A702494147.jpeg

What the ****is a “kitty dog”? How can you be someone‘s wife AND girlfriend at the same time? Did this young lass steal her mom’s credit card? Who spells "kiwi" with three Is?

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
D

Deleted member

I'm going to ask, what are you using to draw? A mouse? Because, if you seriously want to draw/improve at it, I think it would be better that you started with pencil and paper before anything else. And it would also help to use reference images of whatever you want to draw.

Just some advice.
I’m using a stylus on my chromebook. Stupid shakey hands.

AndreaAC

I’m using a stylus on my chromebook. Stupid shakey hands.
Oh. Ok. I still feel that pencil and paper would work better if you are getting started and at one point, if you feel more confident with your skills, you can try with your stylus. If the drawing program in your Chromebook has a function that makes your lines more stable/smooth, use it. I use it, myself.

D

Deleted member

Alright gamers. I need a quick survey. Should I play Devil May Cry 5 or Nier Automata first?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Just noticed there's no excuse not to update SMM2 with new playable characters now that Link has changed the game.

D

Deleted member

Oh. Ok. I still feel that pencil and paper would work better if you are getting started and at one point, if you feel more confident with your skills, you can try with your stylus. If the drawing program in your Chromebook has a function that makes your lines more stable/smooth, use it. I use it, myself.
I’m legit trash at drawing period, and I don’t think I have enough pencils to last me the rest of the year if I try to draw.

Besides... I have a few ****posts in mind that require me to draw it myself, and using a chromebook would make that process easier.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright gamers. I need a quick survey. Should I play Devil May Cry 5 or Nier Automata first?
Haven't played DMC5 yet but Automata is pretty good, albeit a little overrated. The world is pretty interesting and the music is great ****, but I think the combat system is a little simplistic even for Platinum standards. It's a fairly meaty game, too, as it's full of side quests to partake in and has many hidden weapons to discover, not to mention the multiple endings.

DMC5 is probably the better choice if you're just looking for a great action game with a lot of depth to the combat, though.

D

Deleted member

Now we wait for Berserker Soul and SHS become an OTK deck.
The moment SHS get any of their key cards(lvl 12 train when) they will be a competivive deck, mark my words.
Hell with the stuff we have now, I would say on the ranked duels ladder they’re rogue at least.
Dunno how tournaments work in DL(but I know they exist now) so no clue there. Maybe just rogue, because they can’t side anything other than monsters(until we get Sekka’s Light or other S/T that can banish itself the turn it’s used) for fear of turning the deck into a brick fest.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

I’m legit trash at drawing period, and I don’t think I have enough pencils to last me the rest of the year if I try to draw.

Besides... I have a few ****posts in mind that require me to draw it myself, and using a chromebook would make that process easier.
Well, seriously speaking, no one starts knowing how to draw anything, ever. No one is born with the skill. Its a learning process that can take years if you actually want to do it as a hobby or a job. But I get what you mean, you don't really have to get into it if that's not your goal.

D

Deleted member

Haven't played DMC5 yet but Automata is pretty good, albeit a little overrated. The world is pretty interesting and the music is great ****, but I think the combat system is a little simplistic even for Platinum standards. It's a fairly meaty game, too, as it's full of side quests to partake in and has many hidden weapons to discover, not to mention the multiple endings.

DMC5 is probably the better choice if you're just looking for a great action game with a lot of depth to the combat, though.
Yeah. I might want something safe for now since it's two weeks before school starts back up and I got two RPGs to balance

D

Deleted member

Well, seriously speaking, no one starts knowing how to draw anything, ever. No one is born with the skill. Its a learning process that can take years if you actually want to do it as a hobby or a job. But I get what you mean, you don't really have to get into it if that's not your goal.
I’ve tried in the past to draw, actually. Took a few art classes in middle school. I know the fundamentals, the problem for me is learning how to apply those fundamentals.
Besides, gonna need to learn to draw at least somewhat if I wanna be a indie dev at some point, so may as well learn before it’s too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom