• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I’ve tried in the past to draw, actually. Took a few art classes in middle school. I know the fundamentals, the problem for me is learning how to apply those fundamentals.
Besides, gonna need to learn to draw at least somewhat if I wanna be a indie dev at some point, so may as well learn before it’s too late.
Its never too late for drawing, really.

Look at this, if you are inclined to:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Alright, I'm bored and I need something to do so I'm gonna ask y'all something.
If Smash 64 had 15 characters, rather than the 12 it originally had, what extra three characters do you think would have been feasible picks in that period of time? Would there be more stages? New IPs for the time, or extensions of the ones originally present? Would you replace any main roster characters with others?
It's not for a project or anything, just for funsies, but what do y'all think?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I simply don't have a lot of patience with my art.

Didn't help that the time limits and deadlines in school had me rushing as well

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alright, I'm bored and I need something to do so I'm gonna ask y'all something.
If Smash 64 had 15 characters, rather than the 12 it originally had, what extra three characters do you think would have been feasible picks in that period of time? Would there be more stages? New IPs for the time, or extensions of the ones originally present? Would you replace any main roster characters with others?
It's not for a project or anything, just for funsies, but what do y'all think?
Well what we do actually know is that:ultbowser::ultkingdedede::ultmarth:and:ultmewtwo:were all planned or considered for the game but didn't make it. So it'd probably be some of them.

AndreaAC

in my case, it is to late because I have wrist problems that and everyone else is far better then me at most things anyway
What kind of wrist problems? Because I went through the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and I had to take a long break from drawing because of it, plus I had to go to therapy and follow some exercises. It doesn't hurt now, but, there's a chance it might come back, but at least I know how to kind of keep it under control.

Also, don't say that, please.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What kind of wrist problems? Because I went through the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and I had to take a long break from drawing because of it, plus I had to go to therapy and follow some exercises. It doesn't hurt now, but, there's a chance it might come back, but at least I know how to kind of keep it under control.
Unknow wrist problems. Its not carple tunnal that I know of but it randomly hurts like hell. Went to physical tharapy, yeah, much help that did. Its not hurting right now but when it flares up, it hurts bad

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Unknow wrist problems. Its not carple tunnal that I know of but it randomly hurts like hell. Went to physical tharapy, yeah, much help that did. Its not hurting right now but when it does, it hurts bad
I know how that is. I hope you can manage to handle it, somehow.

And, don't think less of yourself.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I know how that is. I hope you can manage to handle it, somehow.

And, don't think less of yourself.
hopefully it doesnt start hurting again because last time it did, i was in my wrist brace for several days

and I know, ever one tell me not to but how could I not when everyone else is so talented.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Are there any anime based on popular media that do their plots like western cartoons, where they tell new stories with the same characters in the established world? Because most anime that I see adapts the source material 1-1.

D

Deleted member

Are there any anime based on popular media that do their plots like western cartoons, where they tell new stories with the same characters in the established world? Because most anime that I see adapts the source material 1-1.
Dunno for sure, but pretty sure the OG season of Vanguard did this?
the newest one, V, does follow the manga 1-1, so that’s a no there, but not certain for the other seasons.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I made a new profile called Rahus2 on my switch. So now I can replay Pokemon Sword without deleting my other save.

Noice.

AndreaAC

hopefully it doesnt start hurting again because last time it did, i was in my wrist brace for several days

and I know, ever one tell me not to but how could I not when everyone else is so talented.
I can relate to that, so, I hope that it does not happen again to you anytime soon.

Look, we will ALWAYS find people that are better than us at anything, and I have felt the same things you are feeling even to this day, but, if we keep making less of ourselves, it will just hold us back. Everyone's learning journey is different, some learn faster than others, but, we try to reach the same goal, that is getting better at something we are passionate about. It applies to anything, not just art.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played a bit of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 this morning; I got Storm's punk costume, so now I just have Wolverine and Magneto's to go! (they're unlocked at the same time) I tried getting the World War Hulk costume, but I feel like I'll need to boost my defenses first - it requires you to beat the final boss of the game with one specific character, and my problem is surviving through the sheer amount of phases that the boss fight has. (I got very close a few times, but died on the last part of the fight)

Also, I'm looking forward to watching some Games Done Quick today. The Yetee shirts are also out, but nothing stands out for me as a must-buy. (in past years, I got shirts for Geno, Doom, and Final Fantasy VI through them, so there can be some good shirts during GDQ runs)

For today's GDQ runs, I'm interested in seeing a Hat In Time, but I'm going to avoid it because I want to go into the game knowing as little as possible. I'll try to catch the Metroid Zero Mission run in about an hour, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My day's been pretty standard, how are you?
Surprisingly better than I expected.

I have been most of the week with my father’s family and a friend from another island and so far things have been shockingly great.

Legit didn’t expect the year to start so well.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Surprisingly better than I expected.

I have been most of the week with my father’s family and a friend from another island and so far things have been shockingly great.

Legit didn’t expect the year to start so well.
Another island? Where are you from?

D

Deleted member

Hoping that many of you are having a good or decent day.
gonna hopefully head over to my local...local later today and maybe play a tourney. Of Yu-gi-oh.

the highest amount of players they’ve ever had is 18 apparently, so feeing pretty good. Hopefully gonna trade around a bit for more cards too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There’s nothing saying he can’t or won’t do separate stage dlc. And a “Pac-Maze 2” stage would sell pretty well.
Pac-Maze 2 (where it doesn’t have player specific pallets) might be possible...maybe...idk
https://mcucosmic.com/2020/01/04/ru...ve-gained-full-control-of-the-hulk-and-namor/

The Hulk is FREEEE MOTHER ****ERS!!!!

My favorite Marvel character might FINALLY be getting another movie!!
Hulk be smashing his way to freedom...while Spidey is gonna have to deal with another Disney/Sony breakup in a couple years
Incredible Hulk (08) is underrated IMO, so I'd be hyped to see another solo Hulk. Would be cool to see them tie up loose ends such as The Leader and the Betty Ross/Black Widow romances. Red Hulk maybe?

I want to see what Mark Ruffalo can do in a more balanced role vs. a (mostly) straight comic relief role. I just wonder what they could do with the character after the events of Endgame?
they somewhat gave Leader a conclusion...but not really an important one (as expected)
If this is real it would make sense. After all feige did say there’s a brand new character coming the doctor strange sequel that many won’t expect. Combine that with the director putting out that tweet of a comic where Namor teamed up with strange, and you have a pretty interesting case to make that he could be coming to doctor strange two and maybe lead to a defenders mcu movie. After all hulk has gone through now it be really interesting to see how a solo film would work too.
I’d rather see Namor debut in Black Panther 2 (played by Keanu Reeves)
Hoping that many of you are having a good or decent day.
I don’t wanna

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Pac-Maze 2 (where it doesn’t have player specific pallets) might be possible...maybe...idk

Hulk be smashing his way to freedom...while Spidey is gonna have to deal with another Disney/Sony breakup in a couple years

they somewhat gave Leader a conclusion...but not really an important one (as expected)

I’d rather see Namor debut in Black Panther 2 (played by Keanu Reeves)

I don’t wanna
Just to sweaten the deal a bit so it doesn’t feel like a neutered version of one, it could be based on one of the newer games with neon flashing lights or whatever. “Pac-Maze Championship Eddition”.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wonder who's living the most surprising place of all the common members. Someone, post from the South Pole!
I'd be damned if any of the 1,000 people stationed in Antarctica right now have internet.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I really wanna see the popular smash requests broken down by region. Like, we hear all the time about “western picks” or “Japanese Picks” and we know Terry was popular in China and Latin America. But I want to know other regions choices. Who’s the top pick in European Countries? The top pick in African ones? Australia? India? I wanna know.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

What do y'all think of this? I'm personally not buying into it, but it's a very detailed template of why this guy thinks Tracer might be Fighter #5.​

famous_box

Smash Rookie
--- said:
Incredible Hulk (08) is underrated IMO, so I'd be hyped to see another solo Hulk. Would be cool to see them tie up loose ends such as The Leader and the Betty Ross/Black Widow romances. Red Hulk maybe?

I want to see what Mark Ruffalo can do in a more balanced role vs. a (mostly) straight comic relief role. I just wonder what they could do with the character after the events of Endgame?
I agree, another hulk movie would be sick. I hope they actually don’t focus on Bruce banner too much, I think some of the best stories are centered on people around hulk, and hulk is just a destructive catalyst for the story. But mark Ruffalo is also a really good actor, so either one could be cool in my opinion

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

What do y'all think of this? I'm personally not buying into it, but it's a very detailed template of why this guy thinks Tracer might be Fighter #5.​
Just as likely as anyone else.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I don't care who #5 is. I won't be here to have it leaked for me when the Direct comes.

Speaking of, are we absolutely positve it's coming this week?

D

Deleted member

I don't care who #5 is. I won't be here to have it leaked for me when the Direct comes.

Speaking of, are we absolutely positve it's coming this week?
Not sure if it will happen this week, but I’m positive about one this month.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm slowly getting better, but uh this ain't it chief
View attachment 255751
(it's meant to be an apple)
I'm gonna copy what Andrea said earlier and recommend drawing it on paper. What I do is draw it on paper, then color it digitally.
1578247655990.png
PokemonTepig_Reigional.png

i'm not exactly a pro myself...
I'd also recommend strong outlines , they make art "pop" a whole lot more (but don't make outlines near as thick as they are in that tepig art). I'd love to help you with the shaky lines, but I have that problem too.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom