• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'd also like to point out that this amazing remix of Spiral Mountain was completely composed by Grant Kirkhope. Everybody at SORA absolutely bloody KNOWS what it is that the fans want.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Wow, SMM2 features lectures on treating the player fairly.

That's hilarious.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
So... Not announce the game yet and delay it. Nintendo takes a hit either way.

I get why people are disappointed, but there's no need to overlook every good thing about Sun and Moon just because you can't depend on the Pokemon you already know. The game is still quite impressive without all 800+ Pokemon.
The Pokémon species themselves are what we come to the games for in the first place.
Without those, it's nothing.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
The direct was everything I could've hoped for. New games I wanted to see? Yep. Two damn Smash reveals? Yup. Top it all off with a sequel to Breath of the Wild, and that's it for me.

Also fun fact: Kazooie is the 2nd female third party character added to Smash.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm upset over the Pokemon Home news as well, but how many other game franchises have had the type of backwards compatibility pokemon has always had?

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I'm upset over the Pokemon Home news as well, but how many other game franchises have had the type of backwards compatibility pokemon has always had?
I agree. Is... catching Pokemon (the point of the games for many) to form a new team that difficult? I kind of just assumed there'd no backward compatibility at all considering the different consoles.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
LittleBigPlanet? All of the user levels and assets and stuff transfer forward across the 3 games.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Back y'all. I was so excited over Banjo's reveal I just had to go out for a bit to settle down and for this place to as well.

Anyways on a related note. What do you guys think so far of the Season Pass? ;)

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
As great as the day has been.

Oh my god I'm not looking forward to the Capcom wars of the fall.
I... do not understand. Is Capcom making some sort of bold stance against a rival company, or are they releasing a new fighting game that looks like it's headed down the path of MvCI? I slept through the direct so I could get a recap.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just hope they update the rest of the Pokemon through patches rather then just wait for Max Sword / Max Shield or whatever they're gonna call them.

...This is the same Gamefreak that didn't patch ORAS Megas into XY though.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The Pokémon species themselves are what we come to the games for in the first place.
Without those, it's nothing.
Which is exactly what you got. You already have quite a few returning Pokemon revealed, and it seem like we have a few new interesting additions as well.

You're acting as if Pokemon games are completely pointless if every single Pokemon doesn't return. I can assure you that you can still have plenty of fun with a limited Pokedex.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I agree. Is... catching Pokemon (the point of the games for many) to form a new team that difficult? I kind of just assumed there'd no backward compatibility at all considering the different consoles.
The issue isn't that we can't get old favourites. It's that our old favourites literally cannot be brought over from Pokemon Home as their data won't be in the game at all. They've been cut entirely because THE BIGGEST FRANCHISE ON THE PLANET can't afford to hire a large team of devs to get to the standards of other Pokemon games

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Back y'all. I was so excited over Banjo's reveal I just had to go out for a bit to settle down and for this place to as well.

The fact that we got Banjo and Kazooie is all that I need to feel like my purchase is justified. Joker (and his inclusion introducing me to Persona 5) is an added bonus.

D

Deleted member

As great as the day has been.

Oh my god I'm not looking forward to the Capcom wars of the fall.
Mmm, Capcom characters have less support than Banjo and Erdrick did. I think speculation will be fluent again, all third parties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
...welp, any goodwill I had from the other announcements died in an instant, after finding out how Gen 8 are erasing any pokémon not natively available in Galar from the game entirely. You can't even transfer them. They are not in the files.

And I just know I'm going to be swarmed with apologists going "u just buthut cuz u cant have kanto".

...I already know I got a trolling infraction for this posts, mods. You don't have to tell me.
**** Kanto

I have a bunch of favourites in Pokémon, from all Gens and I can't have them in my game now?

That's Just evil!

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I... do not understand. Is Capcom making some sort of bold stance against a rival company, or are they releasing a new fighting game that looks like it's headed down the path of MvCI? I slept through the direct so I could get a recap.
I think they just mean that the Smash fanbase is going to start incessantly arguing about which of several possible Capcom characters could get in.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I mean.... I like it. Cool lineup so far with 3 really cool characters and my bear boy.
Also, I predicted the next two characters correctly, and If I'm right about Crash and Dark Souls I will become god.

Shroob

Sup?
Mii theory.

It dictates we're getting a character from:

Sega
Capcom
Namco
SE
And extra

Due to missing Mii Outfits.

We got Joker, from SEGA, who only brought SEGA outfits.

Hero will be next, and he'll probably only bring SE outfits.

And Banjo is the 'extra' since Microsoft had 0 presence in Smash4.

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
The issue isn't that we can't get old favourites. It's that our old favourites literally cannot be brought over from Pokemon Home as their data won't be in the game at all. They've been cut entirely because THE BIGGEST FRANCHISE ON THE PLANET can't afford to hire a large team of devs to get to the standards of other Pokemon games
I see. That really is dumb.

I'm still not really bothered by it, but Game Freak never learns, do they.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think it's because Capcom has a lot of great options for Smash DLC. Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright, Jill Valentine or Leon Kennedy, Amaterasu, Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Morrigan Aensland... I could go on and on.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
The backward compatibility isn't the issue here.

It's that certain Pokémon are Just... Gone now

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

1 cool character
1 eh character though after an explanation I may be sold
1 sack of ****
Today's reveals gave a huge boost to Mii Theory.

If we get Hero's shadow drop like Joker's and they ONLY give us SE costumes.

Well we're still missing Capcom and Namco ones.
Well at least Capcom won't settle for ****ing Son Son as their next character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom