• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
imagine showing someone this the day after the november direct when the grinch leak's wounds were still fresh

1560280087637.png

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Assuming she isn't in the Galar dex (which tbh isn't likely) then yes she will be cut.

Pretty much ruins the meaning of Gotta Catch em' All.
dang.

Oh well, I usually play with the region's limited pool of Pokemon anyway. I just had Celebi and a few other mythical 'mons from that year they gave 'em away. At least there's other 'mons I like such as Pikachu and Togekiss.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
With all said is done, memes aside, let us not forget the warrior who fallen on the way, but didn't die in vain.
we made it guys.jpg

"Isaac! Shadow! Geno! we made it."

Ridley is Polnareff btw.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Welp, any evidence that Sakurai holds a grudge against the western audience is officially null and void. B&K are the indisputable proof of that.

Time to edit my wishlist.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

NO MORE ERDRICK DEBATES
NO MORE STEVE VS BANJO DEBATES

LET THE FLOODGATES ****ING OPEN

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Also, I know we got a lot of great stuff at E3, but that doesn't matter! We've just got four more anime jerks with swords in one Smash trailer and that is just poppycock and a disgrace to true heroes like Falcon and Dedede!

:troll:

Piranha Plant is a strong and beautiful woman.
Of course! Piranha Plant is one of the most beautiful characters in Ultimate!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...Are we sure the Home thing isn't just like how GameFreak didn't let you import Pokémon to Kalos and Alola until a month or two after launch? It just seems to be their incentive to have people use new Pokémon.

I think people are jumping the gun like always.

D

Deleted member

And absolutely best of all out of this:
now that we know western reps are on the table Bubsy can happen

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
User was warned for this post; trolling
...welp, any goodwill I had from the other announcements died in an instant, after finding out how Gen 8 are erasing any pokémon not natively available in Galar from the game entirely. You can't even transfer them. They are not in the files.

And I just know I'm going to be swarmed with apologists going "u just buthut cuz u cant have kanto".

...I already know I got a trolling infraction for this posts, mods. You don't have to tell me.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm betting on them somehow making Zelda the damsel in distress again, but if they don't...

Well, I can't look at her new and not want her to be playable. Don't with our hearts like this, Nintendo. I know you're just going to lock her up in a dungeon for 99% of the game again.
I have a feeling that they cut her hair to avoid it clipping through everything as a playable character.
Please let it be true.

Please Nintendo deliver on this wish of the fans as well.

Let Zelda have a badass adventure of her own in a mainline LoZ game that isn't on the CD-i for once.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
"We're going to be making some changes with the matching with friends that you can play" - Said in regard to Super Mario Maker 2.

YES PLEASE.

Wait he’s legit just called “The Hero.”

That’s weird.
Is it?

It's not like this is the first time we've gotten a character with a generic name suited to their role in their game.

:ultvillager:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
"We're going to be making some changes with the matching with friends that you can play" - Said in regard to Super Mario Maker 2.

YES PLEASE.

Wait he’s legit just called “The Hero.”

That’s weird.
Is it?

It's not like this is the first time we've gotten a character with a generic name suited to their role in their game.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
...Are we sure the Home thing isn't just like how GameFreak didn't let you import Pokémon to Kalos and Alola until a month or two after launch? It just seems to be their incentive to have people use new Pokémon.

It's "due to balance and development time concerns," is the line.

Former would be similar to previous history but latter suggests they'd need to release a DLC update to finish the dex.

I feel like people are jumping the gun in suspecting the latter isn't potentially a thing. We live in the future, people. Anything can change. :ultchrom:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
...welp, any goodwill I had from the other announcements died in an instant, after finding out how Gen 8 are erasing any pokémon not natively available in Galar from the game entirely. You can't even transfer them. They are not in the files.

And I just know I'm going to be swarmed with apologists going "u just buthut cuz u cant have kanto".
In their defense, that's quite a lot of Pokemon to make on a tight schedule. Nintendo can't afford for these games to get delayed, so they probably did what they thought was necessary.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

According to the tweet posted here earlier, it’s due to dev time and balance issues. The mention of dev time being an issue implies that the rest of the Pokémon won’t be in the game’s files at all at launch. So... it’s up to them if they want to take the time to make the rest of the Pokémon or not. No guarantees...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have a feeling that they cut her hair to avoid it clipping through everything as a playable character.
I hope so. A playable Zelda is better than making Link a female for the sake of having a female playable character. Even Linkle would be better than a female Link.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so

Grats to the Banjo and Hero supporters, ngl Hero’s trailer looks really heckin cool

Also, we can finally put Banjo vs Steve and Brave discourse to rest. It’s unlikely we’ll get another slip up in codenames too.

Anyway I wanted to share my opinions on who the last two might be:
Here’s my final verdict for the first fighter pass, since I’m confident we will at LEAST get another one:

1. :ultjoker:
2. Hero
3. Banjo & Kazooie
4. Bandai Namco character (candidates include someone from Tekken (not necessarily Heihachi), someone from Tales Of (possibly either Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell), Soul Calibur character (May or may not be Nightmare), or KOS-MOS from Xenosaga)
5. Elma

Yes, I know Elma is a Spirit but HEAR ME OUT! Remember Mewtwo and Lucas in 4? When they became DLC they got duplicate fighter exclusive trophies. Who’s to say Spirits can’t just be renamed, like “Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)” and using her 2 artwork as her Fighter Spirit?
Or
if her Smash appearance is her true form, the spirit could be renamed to “Elma (Mimeosome)”. Especially since Elma might take that appearance in a X sequel, and we all know Sakurai doesn’t give a crap about spoilers, he deadass added Mecha Fiora in Shulk’s Final Smash for crying out loud

Also, the devs of the Xenoblade series have said they’d like to return to Mira, the world of X, after they were done with 2, which includes the Torna prequel game. Whether they meant an X port to Switch or X part 2 remains to be seen, but also... Hiroyuki Sawano, X’s composer, has had a secret project since March last year and we still dunno what it is.

Finally, Caitlin Glass, Elma’s English VO, announced an NDA voice role around November-December 2018, when Smash’s base game was finished. We still don’t know what her NDA role is, either. It probably isn’t an anime role, or a role for a video game based on an anime (a My Hero Academia fighting game came out I believe. Glass voices Mina Ashido in that anime, but unfortunately, the game for it does not have a dub track. Or perhaps... it IS fortunately, in Elma’s favor!)

Time will tell, but I do have a feeling we will get at least one first party. And it will change the scape of speculation for good...

By which I mean sinking the Spirits Deconfirm argument, it already changed a lot with Banjo but this will change it even more

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Soo.... how long do y'all think it will be before the final two characters get leaked

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
In their defense, that's quite a lot of Pokemon to make on a tight schedule. Nintendo can't afford for these games to get delayed, so they probably did what they thought was necessary.
That's not a valid reason. If they can't afford to delay it, they shouldn't have announced it.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
the only way to make up for none of the DQ heros have a female alt is too add Arle with Amitie and Ringo as her alts

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Guys, we need to go back to the past to show them this:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is it?

Even then, there's not a ton of them. So we have Hero, Villager, Pokemon Trainer, Wii Fit Trainer. Is that it at this time? I could see more at some point.

D

Deleted member

Soo.... how long do y'all think it will be before the final two characters get leaked
Either after The Hero is released or after Banjo & Kazooie are. They're being worked on in tandem so I assume once they're out of the way we'll start to hear about the others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
That's not a valid reason. If they can't afford to delay it, they shouldn't have announced it.
So... Not announce the game yet and delay it. Nintendo takes a hit either way.

I get why people are disappointed, but there's no need to overlook every good thing about Sword and Shield just because you can't depend on the Pokemon you already know. The game is still quite impressive without all 800+ Pokemon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom