• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve barely even talked about The Hero haha

I think they’re fine. My fatigue with Erdrick speculation means I was kinda let down when they first appeared but I’m over it. They look decent enough to play, but I can’t say I’m too interested imo

Ivander

Smash Legend
The Hero's page is up on the Smash Bros English website:
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/72.html

Unless The Hero has more than 8 costumes, no female alts or alts of other characters.
Okay, for those who want references with the other Alts:

Luminary's Alt: There are a bunch of white haired characters with red clothing in Dragon Quest, but the two that ring the closest are DQMonsters Joker's Hero or Angelo from Dragon Quest VIII.
https://dragonquest.fandom.com/wiki/Angelo
http://i.jeuxactus.com/datas/jeux/d...ker/xl/dragon-quest-monster-4e2655ced57c2.jpg

Erdrick's Alt: Very obviously based on Dragon Quest V's Hero.
https://dragonquest.fandom.com/wiki/Hero_(Dragon_Quest_V)

Eight's Alt: The outfit itself is very much based on the Prince of Midenhall's outfit, the Hero from Dragon Quest II. As for the hair, I haven't found an image where you see the Prince's hair color or hair in general, except for the image near the bottom where you see part of his bang and it looks a bit white. So I think Eight's Alt is based on DQII's Hero.
https://dragonquest.fandom.com/wiki/Hero_(Dragon_Quest_II)

Solo's Alt: I am honestly not sure as I think it could be just Eight's color scheme on Solo, as Eight's colors look the closest on his Alt. But I don't know if it's supposed to be just Solo with Eight's colors.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Question, I haven't been keeping up with leaks and such for a while now but I've seen people saying this gives more legitimacy to claims made by Vergeben.

So now that we know Banjo and DQ are in, is there anything else he's mentioned that hasn't been revealed yet, other than the Minecraft thing?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm honestly having real hard time getting excited over Banjo-Kazooie but could've been worse. At least there'll be less salt for final newcomers.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Sakurai knew.

He is secretly a fan of Thanos, I tell ya.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also another new pokemon is in the demo and it looks weird:
1560278647117.png

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
meanwhile in 'such a big composer i have to muscle in on the company credits',

1560278652676.png

D

Deleted member

Hey staff where's the option to make The Hero/Banjo & Kazooie our mains
I need to get this fat*** crocodile out of my posts

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Whelp. Time to collect some souls.

• @ryumo the Zekenator , If Banjo gets in, you will marathon the entire Bubsy mainline series.
  • @Smashing Ramen, if Banjo is in, you will eat paper.
  • @Teeb147 , if Banjo is in, you will drink a shot of hot sauce. I assume the sauce in question is your choice.
  • @ShinyLegendary, if Banjo is in, you will have to change your avatar for a month on @Connorb0t2 's request. Evidence is on this.
  • @Cutie Gwen, if Banjo is in, you will have to watch the first two seasons of Game of Thrones.
  • redfeatherraven redfeatherraven , if Banjo is in, you will edit your avatar via requests from the thread

Congratulations to @TotsBS, @ShotoStar, DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , @SnakeFighter64, @Onereasonanddone, and @Raxxel for joining me on this crazy and stupid bet.

Oh yeah, and @Onereasonanddone. I'll attend your funeral. Good luck with X6
Can you send me the Erdrick Crusaders image?

Ima come back for one more ****post.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I bet it’s electric fairy.

Dogs bite obviously so it has crunch, but not everything just learns paly rough or spark like that.
According to the leak a few weeks back, this thing is pure electric. I'd also bet its evolution is the horse dog thing we see on the race logo in stadiums.

D

Deleted member

Oh man, imagine day 1 Erdrick mains, and they spam the selfdestruct move for easy cheese kills.

It'll be Android 16 in FighterZ all over again.
Gotta yell "I HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS" whenever you use the move or else the kills you get with it aren't valid

Ivander

Smash Legend
You know, as much as I like Eight's Alternate color, they should've had this as his Alt:
Yes, basically, when Dragon Quest VIII came to the West, they actually did this for when Eight reaches Super High Tension. In the original JP release, it was just his normal look with the purple colors. Now I feel like it's such a wasted opportunity not to have that as an Alt as that form actually came back for Dragon Quest Heroes for the main character Ace.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Still can't believe they put Goku & A17 in Smash.

Like I know A17 became the MVP after the ToP, but, dang son, he really got the jackpot on that one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom