• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly, the only characters I really want that remain at this point are Tetra, Dixie Kong, and a certain Waddle Dee. Not counting Skull Kid and Waluigi as they're pretty much out of the running, being Assist Trophies.

Even without them, I'm more than content with Ultimate. But their additions would fully complete this game for me personally. I'd never ask a single thing of Sakurai ever again.

D

Deleted member

Well it's a good thing those Erdrick and Banjo memes aged pretty damn well

D

Deleted member

ugh this wait is so boring, where the **** is dlc fighter 4 already sakurai

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Joker
Dragon Quest Hero
Banjo Kazooie

These are already some heavy hitters.

Like what on earth are the final two gonna be like?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm betting on them somehow making Zelda the damsel in distress again, but if they don't...

Well, I can't look at her new and not want her to be playable. Don't with our hearts like this, Nintendo. I know you're just going to lock her up in a dungeon for 99% of the game again.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm betting on them somehow making Zelda the damsel in distress again, but if they don't...

Well, I can't look at her new and not want her to be playable. Don't with our hearts like this, Nintendo. I know you're just going to lock her up in a dungeon for 99% of the game again.
Just give me an amiibo of her with that sweet new haircut and that'll compensate for a non-playable Zelda.

Give me an amiibo of Sidon and I'll never ask for Zelda to be playable ever again. Lies, but I really do want a Sidon amiibo.

D

Deleted member

I haven't really talked about The Hero much for obvious reasons but they also seem really fun. I've never gotten into Dragon Quest (at least not yet) but all the little details and references are really neat. For sure gonna try them when they come out.

D

Deleted member

I just keep rewatching their trailer holy ****
I try to rewatch, but nothing can replicate how I reacted.

I called my brother, started incoherently typing on Smashboards, started shouting at my brother when he picked up, toned it down because my mom told me to stop swearing, ignored Breath of the Wild 2 completely, rewatched the trailer again, rewatched Dragon Quest's trailer again, immediately looked up the renders, and started watching reaction videos.

This was too real. It's not only just Banjo Kazooie. They also got Banjo Tooie! Grenade eggs, using Kazooie as a makeshift rifle, and Banjo slamming Kazooie into the ground like a club is Banjo Tooie! I can't believe it!

Gruntilda also looks great. Bottles looks great. This all looks great. I hope I see Mumbo in some way because he's vital to the first game.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Two things.

1) I WAS RIGHT THE WHOLE ****IN TIME I KNEW BETTING ON ERDRICK WAS A GOOD CHOICE
2)
main5.png

main8.png

We got DMC reps!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Also unrelated, but after everything, I think this needs to be said:

Can we all just give a big hand to Doug Bowser for taking up the mantle? Not just as the President of NoA, but also as a representative who personally greets and entertains Nintendo's fans and customers for events like these. The very opening scene to the Direct is proof that both he and Nintendo as a whole have embraced that, along with the memes about Doug's last name that skyrocketed when the announcement was first made. And after that, he continued to host portions of E3 to speak to viewers of the Direct, and he seemed quite fun and personable all the way through.

I'm very glad to see him take part in these sorts of things like Reggie did. I definitely think NoA's in good hands. As are we. Doug Bowser's a chill dude, and a very smart and good man.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Her hair is shorter, seems like a pointless redesign if they aren't making her playable.
Banjo, Kazooie?

We're home!
Oh man Grant is such a sneak! Trying to downplay Banjo the entire time, only to write music for Smash! what a legend.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Joker
Dragon Quest Hero
Banjo Kazooie

These are already some heavy hitters.

Like what on earth are the final two gonna be like?
Honestly, I don't think any DLC character would've produced more hype overall than Banjo.

So I'm not expecting the last 2 to be bigger, but still be somewhat big 3rd Party reps.

Either that, or one of the slots goes to a 3 Houses/Sword and Shield rep idk.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyway anyone else notice how Banjo swings around Kazooie like a sword? And how "anime" is just Japanese for animation?

This means Banjo is basically an anime swordfighter. Discuss.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On the pass I’m betting Leon Or Jill next, and Llyold from Tales of.

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway anyone else notice how Banjo swings around Kazooie like a sword? And how "anime" is just Japanese for animation?

Actually it's more like a club.

So is Villager's stick a club?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
ss_4.jpg
This reminds me of a lot of the air launchers in Dragon Ball FighterZ. Wonder if it's in any way a reference?

D

Deleted member

Can't believe I was fooled into getting excited for another swordie smh

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Seems like the site has yet to update in the JP version. I'd still chalk it up as a site glitch.
yeah, no logos + using piranha plant's color just means it's still being updated

don't think they'd give away anything extra before its due time

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Actually it's more like a club.

So is Villager's stick a club?
Fire Emblem: Awakening taught me that sticks are swords.

This means that Villager is an anime swordsmen as well.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Also unrelated, but after everything, I think this needs to be said:

Can we all just give a big hand to Doug Bowser for taking up the mantle? Not just as the President of NoA, but also as a representative who personally greets and entertains Nintendo's fans and customers for events like these. The very opening scene to the Direct is proof that both he and Nintendo as a whole have embraced that, along with the memes about Doug's last name that skyrocketed when the announcement was first made. And after that, he continued to host portions of E3 to speak to viewers of the Direct, and he seemed quite fun and personable all the way through.

I'm very glad to see him take part in these sorts of things like Reggie did. I definitely think NoA's in good hands. As are we. Doug Bowser's a chill dude, and a very smart and good man.
I'm just glad we got someone who's as lovable and fun as Reggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom