• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The thing is there shouldn't be nostalgia involved at all
Nostalgia is one of Pokémon's strongest weapons though, I don't think there's a franchise out there that's more heavily affected by it, so I'm sure they'll prioritize Gen 1-4. I expect Gen 1 will be there in its entirety since they already have all the assets from Let's Go, which is sure to get a lot of people mad and screaming about the ever infamous Kanto bias.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of bingos, I got like one ****ing bingo out of my entire list.

Untitled.png

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
View attachment 227436

Lemme see if I understand this.

The world is your oyster, and you want me to slap on the eyes of basic-*** anime ************ #375?
This is Nagito we're talking about. This ************ played Russian Roulette with 5 bullets and won.

Fine then, put on these eyes and this smile instead:
1560282409906.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The models are just Sun and Moon but upscaled but poor poor Biggest Franchise On The Planet can't afford hiring a bigger team I suppose
Gwen I know you're in full "Brands are Evil" mode right now but that literally isn't true. Some Pokémon, if not most, have entirely new models. One look at Growlithe confirms this.

Shroob

Sup?
No, the "Galar dex" is the collection of Pokémon, old and new, that are catchable in Galar.

Likely they're only gonna cut about 400 Pokémon forever
Okay but like, every region has its 'Dex'.

The games after SWSD will have the missing Pokemon.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Does anyone know if this tune is going to be in the new B&K stage?
I dunno if it's been unveiled or not. But it better be.
We have no idea what music will be in either stage. I'd think that it would be, given the presence of Grunty in the stage, but we probably won't find out until much closer to their release.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
We have no idea what music will be in either stage. I'd think that it would be, given the presence of Grunty in the stage, but we probably won't find out until much closer to their release.
Well I know Spiral Mountain's bgm has been confirmed. I was checking to see if that was too. XP

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So I realize that I, along with staindgrey staindgrey are looked at as the “Resident Evil” dudes, but I have to say, the fact that they’ve got all but 2+3 on Switch (even if the quality is suspect) is pretty awesome.

While I wouldn’t necessarily say the presentation of it was at the same level as Dragon Quest XI, they did make a big deal out of the fact that there’s a selection of RE games on the Switch.

Call it a hunch, call it bias, whatever you want to call it. I think there’s a chance Resident Evil might be the pick from Capcom.

At this point, even if i’m not sure how it would work, I could see them doing Chris, Leon, AND Jill as costumes either each other.

Thoughts?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The official BK account said on Twitter that yes, the song in the trailer would be in the game.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
I tried to look up at how the japanese reacted to the smash reveals just to see if there was a difference in how they reacted.
While they definitely were excited for the Heroes, what surprised me is that they were also excited for Banjo and Kazooie.
This is the stuff that I like to see man, just people enjoying things.

2:34 for the Dragon Quest reaction
7:32 for the Banjo & Kazooie reaction

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gwen I know you're in full "Brands are Evil" mode right now but that literally isn't true. Some Pokémon, if not most, have entirely new models. One look at Growlithe confirms this.
I didn't actually know that but I admittedly jumped to conclusions due to it looking like upscaled SM. Still rather disappointed about that regardless

D

Deleted member

Honestly, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I'm seeing the Hero salt kill the Banjo hype.

Like, it's pretty much a Bayonetta and Corrin situation, though not as severe.
You should migrate to the Erdrick support thread. Even people who were incredibly pessimistic about how Erdrick would be received turned around.

D

Deleted member

So I wonder when we're getting more info on the characters.
I'm expecting more Hero details at the Tree House at some point, since we're probably only a few weeks or so away from his release.
Banjo & Kazooie will probably be whenever we get another Direct.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
RIGHTFULLY SO

****ING ********!
I mean, since they have already done all the assets for them, there's literally no reason to cut any of the Kanto Pokémon considering cuts are only done because of time restrictions. People will throw hissy fits anyways though, because just the word Kanto makes people see red these days, so logic just flies out of the window.

RIP Typhlosion. There's no way he's in the dex when Charizard's already showed up.
Starters are 100% going to take priority, I don't see them getting even near the chopping block.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well... I wonder whats gonna happen in here when i refresh from page 343...

I still have Nintendo characters I want, but with more and more third parties, this game is really becoming insane and wonderful to a level I could only dream.

Yet still I dream harder. For more characters from more games.
Resident Evil.
Mortal Kombat.
Fallout.
Minecraft.
Crash Bandicoot.
Tomb Raider.
Ace Attorney.
Assassins Creed.
Bomberman.
Spyro the Dragon.
Tekken.
Tetris.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry to report that, due to a desire to teach children of the rampant deforestation harming animal species, the Smash team is cutting Banjo from the game and replacing him with a cow farm.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only major complaint I have with the Hero is that they took the sword and spell gimmick I wanted Celica to have, but with a broadsword as opposed to a more rapier-like one lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Even if the missing pokemon don't end up getting patched into Sword / Shield, it's not like they're getting wiped from existence forever. If that were they case, they probably wouldn't even be compatible with Pokemon Home.

I don't know if it'll be Pokemon Gun or Sinnoh Remakes or what, but they'll be back eventually. It's not like they're getting permanently retconned out of existence. Yet some people are acting like they are...

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The thing is there shouldn't be nostalgia involved at all
Kanto isn't just about nostalgia.
It's in more than half of all generations.
People who argue this hold Pokemon to a different standard than every other series.

There's absolutely no reason that Pokemon should be considered differently.

#TeamEevee #TeamMeowth, Nintendo All Stars immortalized by evolution recency and anime relevancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom