• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All I can just say is that despite being only already half the year being done. Its so far has been one of the best.

Last year was great when we got both:ultkrool:and:ultridley:but this year tops it all with not only my most anticipated film I've been waiting for five years for which was worth the wait and what I wanted in a film Godzilla 2 but just Banjo being in Smash completing it all.

I couldn't ask for anything more at this point. :grin:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It's honestly pretty neat to see regional differences. Apparently Hero is all Japan's talking about.
the wildest thing is that there's four banjo posts on the front of r/gaming but not a single post about hero

i knew there'd be regional differences in taste but ****

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Japan is going insane over the Hero.

Meanwhile over here, we're still on "ANOTHER anime swordfighter? Pass"

Put some respect on Toriyama's name.
Right? Be like Alpharad and make it funny. Also have someone with you who gives a **** about the series.

D

Deleted member

I mean, Banjo's moves were simple as hell, similarly to how he just took K.Rool's trailer, I feel he won't get explained
I'm curious to see how exactly his specials work. We saw him fire an egg grenade, what are the intricacies of how that works. What about him firing eggs with Kazooie? We saw two different versions of that. Plenty to explain.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I realize that I, along with staindgrey staindgrey are looked at as the “Resident Evil” dudes, but I have to say, the fact that they’ve got all but 2+3 on Switch (even if the quality is suspect) is pretty awesome.

While I wouldn’t necessarily say the presentation of it was at the same level as Dragon Quest XI, they did make a big deal out of the fact that there’s a selection of RE games on the Switch.

Call it a hunch, call it bias, whatever you want to call it. I think there’s a chance Resident Evil might be the pick from Capcom.

At this point, even if i’m not sure how it would work, I could see them doing Chris, Leon, AND Jill as costumes either each other.

Thoughts?
They barely had any interruptions this direct. It was non stop footage.

That’s a rare sight (hee hee puns). Only the beginning, Pokemon, and the end got interrupted for discussion. Meanwhile the only other time was for Resident Evil.

That’s big, that out of everything in the direct they really wanted to push Resident Evil. That combined with Joker’s gun, and the heroes alts make me think pack 4 is definitely Leon with Jill and Chris.

They really want to promote resident evil and that says a lot

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Only 2 more left in this pack. I am surprised that we did not get any immediate dlc, like mii costumes or something else.

oh well. I have done pretty much everything in ultimate right now, going to have to move to a new game until they release the new content.

darn.

D

Deleted member

Looking at Japanese twitter:

It really is the exact opposite of us.

It's kinda amazing.
The guys that were saying "Nintendo is gonna reveal both Erdrick and Banjo to appeal to both audiences" are probably feeling pretty vindicated right now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I didn't want to do this, but now, I have no choice.

I must assume my real form to make Nintendo & Sega pay for what they did to me.
oie_2475623PdxTz46m.png

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Wait, so... since Luigi has the Poltergust G-00 in Smash Ultimate... doesn’t that mean that Gooigi is present every time Luigi grabs and the Poltergust is visible? What stops him from then summoning Gooigi to double team the enemy?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Come to think of it, I can't wait to see what BestGuyEver does for a Banjo and Kazooie hype/tribute video.

His K. Rool and Ridley videos were glorious in every way imaginable.

Shroob

Sup?
Only 2 more left in this pack. I am surprised that we did not get any immediate dlc, like mii costumes or something else.

oh well. I have done pretty much everything in ultimate right now, going to have to move to a new game until they release the new content.

darn.
At this point, I think it's safe to say that we're only getting new content in X.0 patches.

So when Hero comes out it'll be 4.0, etc.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The anime ensemble looks pretty cool, I hope they can switch spells faster than was shown in the trailer though

D

Deleted member

I don't care about the world hating my tastes.

I got someone I really wanted in and I will celebrate that.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
At this point, I think it's safe to say that we're only getting new content in X.0 patches.

So when Hero comes out it'll be 4.0, etc.
With that, I will have to shelve smash for now. Mario Maker 2 comes out in a few weeks. I also can get Sonic Manina and Freedom planet to play.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
D

Deleted member

Not going to lie, now that Banjo-Kazooie are in Smash...
I really want a new Banjo game, or at least one of them ported to the Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom