• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
now picture this:

a full CG phoenix wright trailer
Big brain thinking:

Capcom “announces” Ace Attorney 7 and releases a demo.

However the case in the demo is exact Phoenix’s entire smash reveal.

Yfw?

Potato_

Smash Lord
What the hell Nintendo.

How the hell did they get me excited for Dragon Quest? When I saw Luminary I thought at first Erdrick was gonna be an alt costume and that was it, but then they showed Eight as well? Not to mention their stage looks nice as hell?

Link's Awakening with a Zelda Maker Lite included?

Three Houses leaks were all legit and timeskip Edelgard looks nicer than I was expecting?

Banjo and Kazooie were announced with Gruntilda actually showing up on their stage?

AND SEQUEL TO BOTW WITH GANONDORF'S WITHERED ****IN CORPSE AND WHAT LOOKS LIKE COMPANION/PLAYABLE ZELDA? DARKER TONE?

Look, I thought Square was alright (FF7 was ridiculously hype) and Bethesda fixing F76 made me happy, but Nintendo blew all my expectations out of the water. I'm so excited for these next few months.

In regards to Smash DLC, my predictions were Erdrick/Banjo/Solaire/Leon and I'm sticking with it. I feel like with all the RE mainline games (except 7) getting ported to Switch SOMETHING RE is coming to Smash. Dark Souls is also incredibly popular in both the West and East and would no doubt make a splash if included in the game. Plus Bandai finally gets a character in.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Gotta keep the hope strong Pumpkaboo. Seeing Layton fans coming out of the woodworks and rooting for Layton today was such a wonderful thing to see for me.
I think the problem is that Layton fans are just too silent for the Prof. I think we should really try and get them to become more vocal for his support. Like fans of other characters.

The support is there, the fans are just too pessimistic. But I guess that's just my opinion.
Nah, you are right. We do have be a bit more louder, for sure. Its clear Sakurai is listening. Maybe if we are louder, he can hear us

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
...Who is on trial? And who is the prosecution? And who is the victim? And who is the culprit? And who is t...

Sorry, there is just a lot of potential in this.
Yoshi is on trial, the victim is Tom Nook, the culprit is Wario and the prosecutor is Ganondorf

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
With all the hype that's amassed for Banjo & Kazooie, I'm really hoping this encourages remasters of the original two games.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nah, you are right. We do have be a bit more louder, for sure. Its clear Sakurai is listening. Maybe if we are louder, he can hear us
Definitely, maybe we should start a support campaign over at Twitter or something if there isn't one yet and gather as many fans as possible to support the Prof and encourage them to participate within the Smash community more. I think that might be a good place to start.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I absolutely cannot wait for Hero.

I desperately want to Kamikazee the **** out of people.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wait, so... since Luigi has the Poltergust G-00 in Smash Ultimate... doesn’t that mean that Gooigi is present every time Luigi grabs and the Poltergust is visible? What stops him from then summoning Gooigi to double team the enemy?
He received a C&D from the Ice Climber's lawyers.
I don't see your point.

The reason they keep getting love is 100% nostalgia, but because they got that love, they are now "relevant" again

That doesn't take away from the fact that Kanto is **** only kept afloat by nostalgia and a handfull of good Pokémon
While what makes a design good or not is highly subjective, but if only a small handful of the og Pokemon were good they wouldn't have resonated with so many fans in the first place, with or without nostalgia.

I'm a little tired of other generations getting shafted to but Kanto bashing ain't it chief.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
as a fellow Layton fan, do you really think he has a shot still?

It would be nice and cool and fun but my pessimism is telling me it wont happen. Id love to be wrong tho
It might just be the hype affecting my brain, but I actually think he has a shot.

Professor Layton is what Megaman was for the NES or what Banjo was for the N64. Outside of Dragon Quest 8 (funnily enough also developed by Level-5), the best selling 3rd party DS games were Diabolical Box, Curious Village, and Unwound Future. He has been a powerhouse for Nintendo's portable consoles, and has popularity in both the East and West, and especially Europe. I know Katrielle is currently the protagonist, but the series is still alive and carries his name.

D

Deleted member

And to think I was thinking Banjo might not have been coming home yesterday.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My friend: DAMN boi, this is the most ****ing ultimate fanservice game ever. We get a big fat K Rool, a Ridley, and even now some Banjo & Kazooie! Sakurai's literally giving us every "impossible" request!

Me, a Geno fan: Y...yeah.... it's... amazing.....
As a Neku fan, I Know That Feel Bro(TM)

Maybe hope for a stand-alone? Or in Neku’s case, another pass? Wait till this one is done though

Potato_

Smash Lord
As a Neku fan, I Know That Feel Bro(TM)

Maybe hope for a stand-alone? Or in Neku’s case, another pass? Wait till this one is done though
At this point I'm just hoping for another TWEWY. Neku in Smash will take some doing but at least new TWEWY seems somewhat possible now.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I've been watching Banjo reaction videos all afternoon and it is just so cool to see people get rewarded for their years of hoping and caring. This is Smash at its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom