• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What if there were two E3’s a year? One in June and one in December or January? I mean, I know the game awards are a thing. But... I don’t know. I just think it would be nice to guarantee reveals from specific companies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What if there were two E3’s a year? One in June and one in December or January? I mean, I know the game awards are a thing. But... I don’t know. I just think it would be nice to guarantee reveals from specific companies.
I really don’t think we need two E3s.

It kinda loses that special feeling. Like if Christmas was everyday, it’s special because it comes once a year so you really enjoy it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
-Switch major to Web Design

-First animation class has me use Newgrounds as a idea bin, and to showcase what you can do with animation for my final project.

Me, having grown up watching Newgrounds and always a fan:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
It’s smarter to generate hype in the summer. Then once the holidays come in, hype regenerates and sales are made. It would be pretty dumb to announce games in January lol bc you can’t release until the end of that year

Noipoi

Howdy!
-Switch major to Web Design

-First animation class has me use Newgrounds as a idea bin, and to showcase what you can do with animation for my final project.

Me, having grown up watching Newgrounds and always a fan:
Ive been tryin to animate for like 8 months and I’m still crap lmao

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ive been tryin to animate for like 8 months and I’m still crap lmao
I can't draw for **** lmao. I'm decent with animations outside of hand drawn ones. I'm also not bad at arranging preset images to work as a design for pages and what not.

Its still fun even If I'm not the best.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s smarter to generate hype in the summer. Then once the holidays come in, hype regenerates and sales are made. It would be pretty dumb to announce games in January lol bc you can’t release until the end of that year
Sighs. I know.

Life sucks.

Maybe if I go to sleep, I just... won’t wake up. Ever.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
ESAM and Ash Ketchum winning something on the same day is way too scripted to ignore.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Pointless fun fact: Banjos Fair isn’t a punch, it’s instead a swipe, since you can see Banjo not clenching his fist.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Played through a lot of the Blue Lions route today in Three Houses.

Dorothea's "we killed Ferdie, Professor" quote was definitely one of the most heartbreaking parts of the game so far. It's up there with some of the Crimson Flower death quotes.

I'll probably be able to complete this route in the next few days. Gotta say though I think I'm starting to like Dimitri more than Edelgard.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can I repeat a point I made a couple days ago?

We could've gotten a DreamWorks made Mario movie had Nintendo waited a bit for that Universal Parks deal :yoshi:
Would be interesting, but I can't say it fits completely. Dreamworks is big on world building and story telling, which could be tricky to adapt Mario into easily. There's the Yoshi land, DK land, Wario's Land, etc. The Mario World is hugely but it's never had huge stories or crazy world building so it be hard imo to make it something like how to train your dragon, which I imagine would have been the goal rather then make it more like say Shrek. Dreamworks do a lot of different movies in fantasy settings, but each one is a pretty different style. Animation wise it would have been pretty nice, but I'm not sure I see them handling the project with ease.

It could have definitely been good and interesting, but we won't know now. IF they adapted elements from the RPGS, that could make for a pretty cool scale movie. I'd imagine Nintendo wants it more traditional, with bowser taking peach however, and Mario traveling the land to save her.

Now if it was Dreamworks Making a Zelda movie, that could have been pretty breathtaking with a lot of their movie franchises elements being able to help them there.

I'm curious to see what path Illumination takes with it though.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey guys, hate to tell you but this is your next dlc Fighter according to my daughter

4EB418ED-B48E-4C38-9836-3B77F951AD59.png

I asked her to pick the next dlc Fighter with it either being this guy, Doomslayer, Crash, Steve?, Hello Kitty, Scorpion, and Hayabusa. She chose Anpanman. Since she is my daughter, she can never do wrong and is always right and cute in my eyes. Enjoy playing as a superhero made from red bean paste filled bread.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Would be interesting, but I can't say it fits completely. Dreamworks is big on world building and story telling, which could be tricky to adapt Mario into easily. There's the Yoshi land, DK land, Wario's Land, etc. The Mario World is hugely but it's never had huge stories or crazy world building so it be hard imo to make it something like how to train your dragon, which I imagine would have been the goal rather then make it more like say Shrek. Dreamworks do a lot of different movies in fantasy settings, but each one is a pretty different style. Animation wise it would have been pretty nice, but I'm not sure I see them handling the project with ease.

It could have definitely been good and interesting, but we won't know now. IF they adapted elements from the RPGS, that could make for a pretty cool scale movie. I'd imagine Nintendo wants it more traditional, with bowser taking peach however, and Mario traveling the land to save her.

Now if it was Dreamworks Making a Zelda movie, that could have been pretty breathtaking with a lot of their movie franchises elements being able to help them there.

I'm curious to see what path Illumination takes with it though.
Considering how they handled the Captain Underpants movie, I think they could’ve pulled it off.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Played through a lot of the Blue Lions route today in Three Houses.

Dorothea's "we killed Ferdie, Professor" quote was definitely one of the most heartbreaking parts of the game so far. It's up there with some of the Crimson Flower death quotes.

I'll probably be able to complete this route in the next few days. Gotta say though I think I'm starting to like Dimitri more than Edelgard.
Did you do Mercede's paralouge? ( You need Casper and her I believe)

If you did, then in a few chapter there will be a really sad scene that plays out

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Considering how they handled the Captain Underpants movie, I think they could’ve pulled it off.
I haven't seen it, but heard good things. It looked to keep the zany feel of the books in tact pretty well. It could have definitely been a good idea for them on how to approach Mario. I would have loved to see more of DW's idea and what Nintendo's was/is for the Mario Movie.

I wonder what game adaption could happen if Mario does well. I'd love to see Kirby on the big screen.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Actually, I might just make all of her favorite Japanese children show characters into the Smash stocks....

CE0BEA0C-DD7D-49AD-BD42-B1DF42BB97E2.jpeg

Like the cat-mouse dude, Nyanchu.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The first despicable me was really good, actually. So I have some hope for the Mario movie.

But if the Goombas start speaking vaguely Hispanic gibberish, just throw the whole movie away.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Did you do Mercede's paralouge? ( You need Casper and her I believe)

If you did, then in a few chapter there will be a really sad scene that plays out
I actually recruited Caspar just so I could do that paralogue since I...

...heard that it involved the Death Knight and I wanted to learn more about him. While I already knew that Mercedes and him were related, I have no idea why he decided to be evil and such. Hoping I get to find out why he became like that soon.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Zelda is definitely the next movie adaptation after Mario. Either that or Metroid.

Anyways, I can see the Mario movie potentially working. I just wanna know the cast of characters they're using. If it's just Mario, Peach, Bowser, maybe Yoshi, and Luigi? Eh.

Also, Goombas and Toads will definitely be the "Minion" characters if they really try and force that. I hope they follow after the cartoon's footsteps with some RPG personalities added in for at least good characterization.

D

Deleted member

Zelda is definitely the next movie adaptation after Mario. Either that or Metroid.

Anyways, I can see the Mario movie potentially working. I just wanna know the cast of characters they're using. If it's just Mario, Peach, Bowser, maybe Yoshi, and Luigi? Eh.

Also, Goombas and Toads will definitely be the "Minion" characters if they really try and force that. I hope they follow after the cartoon's footsteps with some RPG personalities added in for at least good characterization.
Mario.. RPG..

GENO WILL BE IN SMASH TO PROMOTE THE MARIO MOVIE WHICH IS AN ADAPTATION OF SUPER MARIO RPG: LEGEND OF THE SEVEN STARS!! /s

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I think the best inspiration they could use is the Super Mario Adventures comic. Probably the best non-video game representation of the series.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Nah, it’s animal crossing. It’ll blow Endgame out of the water with its top notch action sequences and gripping nail-biting story line. I have high hopes for Michael Bay’s vision for this series.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Illumination will definitely go the celebrity voice cast angle aside from Mario and Luigi using Charles Martinet.

I could just see them announce "Jeff Bridges as Bowser" :yoshi:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Honestly, it'd be funny if the movie was a huge marketing scheme to promote a new Mario title releasing as a sort of tie-in with the movie.

Like, maybe the movie has a plot of them getting transported into a movie from the game and the game has them transport from wherever they were in the movie to the game's setting like Mania and Forces except actually keeping consistency.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Every now and then I look at the Terry gameplay.

I keep looking at those two power waves, trying to figure out if one moves faster than the other, if one is bigger, if there are any differences, out of pure fear that Terry has the same light and heavy button mechanic as Ryu and Ken. If they destroy this character with that annoying gimmick after I was so excited for him I stg.
Time for controversy; in my opinion, the command inputs are the absolute best part about Ryu and Ken. Not only are they a creative way to respect their origins, but they're something that a player can actively choose to use or not. You can either play it safe and use the standard B-Button inputs, or you can take a risk at messing up an input for a more powerful attack (or an entirely different move). Seeing as Terry hails from a fighting game like the two we have right now, it wouldn't be surprising to see if that were the case (and judging by the motions he made with the Burn Knuckle, it's likely that that's the case). Not trying to prove you wrong, I just thought I'd share why I personally think that it's a neat trick for Ryu and Ken, and why it'd be neat for Terry.

Miyamoto and Nintendo as a whole are heavily involved with the movie's development. With how protective they are of their properties, I highly doubt that the Mario movie will fall victim to the Illumination Pop-Culture Plague. They've likely got too little authority to do so.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
At the very least, I'm sure the animation for the new Mario movie will look great. Illumination manages to make visually appealing movies at half the price of Pixar and Disney's studios.

I just hope they use Detective Pikachu and Sonic as reference for what you should and shouldn't do regarding character designs. This might be one of the few cases where Miyamoto's "guidance" would come in handy.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So Japan finally just got UberEats but Uber itself remains absent. I heard the government made it illegal but maybe that was Airbnb. However, I see why it’s not here because of the near-tyrannical grasp the taxi companies/unions have on the market. To be fair, taxis in Japan would be considered luxury taxis in the States. They are top notch.

I tried to do UberEats here but it only exists in Tokyo

Yet they air commercials up the whazoo everywhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom