• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
“Hitler can’t be in Smash! He’s is a evil dictator who did a lot of awful stuff in his life! Including him would be insulting!”

“Yo... Like dudes.... since JFK was leaked, would his final smash be a self damaging one?”
Can we get Martin Luther King Jr. in?
He can have his famous Civil Rights Beam as a Final Smash.

D

Deleted member

This is just Fate discourse
Now your comment made me realize of someone at Type/moon (Fate Stay/Night) could end up making waifu versions of Hitler and JFK eventually given the series tendency of doing this with historical figures.

D

Deleted member

my man I don't mean to knock on you or anything but like 50% of the roster is made up of goofy cartoons, you've got more than just scraps, you've got a full course meal
Okay but Smash is the only fighting game to really have Cartoony characters as most if not all the other fighters have an Anime style, Gritty/realistic style, a mix of both, Etc.

Smash is the only fighting game where you can fight a cute secretary dog while playing as a cartoony Bear and Bird while a Pokemon fights a chibi mayor/villager. Smash is the only game to really have these kinds of style while other games don't. Smash should continue to be filled with characters like that.

D

Deleted member

Can we get Martin Luther King Jr. in?
He can have his famous Civil Rights Beam as a Final Smash.
You losers pining for irrelevant and boring historical figures in Smash forget the most important man on Earth that would represent all of world history.

Noipoi

Howdy!
forget about the plant one more time and I will print out all of your smash boards posts and dump them into the goddamn ocean

oh and lucas and mewtwo too
By all means, dear boy. Every word I speak, every word I type, is a blessing unto this earth. Dumping my posts in the ocean would probably cure pollution.

But yeah, forgot about Plant lol.

Lucas and Mewtwo don’t count they weren’t newcomers

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Okay but Smash is the only fighting game to really have Cartoony characters as most if not all the other fighters have an Anime style, Gritty/realistic style, a mix of both, Etc.

Smash is the only fighting game where you can fight a cute secretary dog while playing as a cartoony Bear and Bird while a Pokemon fights a chibi mayor/villager. Smash is the only game to really have these kinds of style while other games don't. Smash should continue to be filled with characters like that.
I'm not saying that we shouldn't ever get cartoony characters just that I don't really jive with them like I do with the anime/realistic characters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Who ever posted the CvS2 New York theme, you're a champ.

"I cut a sucka in small chunks, make more rhymes than Micheal Jordan makes slam dunks!"

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
My dream would be for Sakurai to one day have to make a statement clarifying that characters like Abraham Lincoln and Robert Downey Jr. can't make it into smash

D

Deleted member

I've got both first party and third party wants, so I don't really care what direction they're going for in terms of DLC

I'm just happy we're getting more characters
This is my mindset toward the DLC. I don't care if we get first parties or third parties. As long as the character is hype and fun, I'm down for anyone.

D

Deleted member

Also with all this branching out Nintendo will potentially be doing with Smash Ultimate DLC I have a question what 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles should I try? My preferred genres are Platformers and RPGs with good designs, music and stories. (Stories being for RPGs obviously).

I would like to try and branch my tastes out with possibly characters/franchises that are popular requests/thought to be likely for Smash. A big reason I wanted to do this is cause I didn't really like the Fighters Pass all too much and so I want to prepare for anything the future Smash DLC holds.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Also with all this branching out Nintendo will potentially be doing with Smash Ultimate DLC I have a question what 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles should I try? My preferred genres are Platformers and RPGs with good designs, music and stories. (Stories being for RPGs obviously).

I would like to try and branch my tastes out with possibly characters/franchises that are popular requests/thought to be likely for Smash.
For RPGs, Final Fantasy is always the first pick and FF7 is getting a remake soon. I'd recommend DQ11 when it comes out if you want to try the series out.

Platformers is more of an indie specialty. Everybody will recommend Celeste, and I will too. Checks off design, music, and story especially well. Crash is also there.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

I would like to try and branch my tastes out with possibly characters/franchises that are popular requests/thought to be likely for Smash.
I guess my first recommendation would be crash bandicoot but you've probably already played it

Dark Souls maybe? It doesn't really fit with the genres you listed, but if you want to branch out its there. I've heard DOOM is good too but I haven't played it. I think Cave Story is on switch too but Quote isn't talked about a lot with smash.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Now your comment made me realize of someone at Type/moon (Fate Stay/Night) could end up making waifu versions of Hitler and JFK eventually given the series tendency of doing this with historical figures.
The Fate series doesn't change all into waifus(thankfully), as there were people who wanted Napoleon to be a small Waifu, but when Napoleon got in, he stayed a man(and was actually normal sized, although it was implied he would become the short one if he was a different class).

As for those two in general, it will probably be either a very very long time or never due to controversy. As much as Fate has fun with older characters and doing some twisting to make said older characters more sympathetic or less of a ****(in most cases), they still keep tabs on possible controversy. Possibly the reason why Toyotomi Hideyoshi hasn't appeared in Grand Order yet, as while he does appear in one of their gag mangas, Grand Order is also played in Korea and Korea has a real beef with him still.

D

Deleted member

Nasu would never do something like that!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Anybody here play SSF2? What are your thoughts about the 6 new characters that got added?

Which are...

Newcomers:
Rayman
Krystal
Simon (in development before Ultimate announcement, meaning different moveset)
Waluigi

Smash ports:
Ryu
Lucario
Rayman: Great choice. His Plum move is probably the best move in the whole game.
Krystal: Moveset isn't what I expected.
Simon: Would've preferred Snake.
Waluigi: His moves look interesting.
Ryu: He was one of my predictions.
Lucario: Glad he made it in.

D

Deleted member

Anybody here play SSF2? What are your thoughts about the 6 new characters that got added?

Which are...

Newcomers:
Rayman
Krystal
Simon (in development before Ultimate announcement, meaning different moveset)
Waluigi

Smash ports:
Ryu
Lucario
Oh yeah I went to try the game last night but I don't know how to unlock or get any new character that comes out so how do you do that? How do you get new characters in SSF2?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
My dream would be for Sakurai to one day have to make a statement clarifying that characters like Abraham Lincoln and Robert Downey Jr. can't make it into smash
Isn’t Lincoln fair game to be in Smash because of his appearance in Codename S.T.E.A.M., where the version of him there is technically a first party character? :p
Besides, though, Lincoln already got an official reveal tagline as part of the demonstration of different Miis you could make for Smash 4, ahaha...

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Isn’t Lincoln fair game to be in Smash because of his appearance in Codename S.T.E.A.M., where the version of him there is technically a first party character? :p
Besides, though, Lincoln already got an official reveal tagline as part of the demonstration of different Miis you could make for Smash 4, ahaha...
I think Henry Flemming would be the more likely Codename: STEAM rep. If a character got in at all.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Oh yeah I went to try the game last night but I don't know how to unlock or get any new character that comes out so how do you do that? How do you get new characters in SSF2?
There are two secret characters in the current version of SSF2:
To get Sandbag, beat Classic Mode as Random on normal or higher without using any continues.
To get Pichu, play a match as Pikachu where you take over 172%.

When the new characters are released, there’s an update feature when the game boots up.

I think Henry Flemming would be the more likely Codename: STEAM rep. If a character got in at all.
I know, I was just pointing that out since the theoretical possibility of a real historical figure being in Smash is a tad amusing.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Every now and then I look at the Terry gameplay.

I keep looking at those two power waves, trying to figure out if one moves faster than the other, if one is bigger, if there are any differences, out of pure fear that Terry has the same light and heavy button mechanic as Ryu and Ken. If they destroy this character with that annoying gimmick after I was so excited for him I stg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom