• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
If Bowser Jr. is in it I want the vaguely New Yorker voice back from Sunshine. It just has nostalgic value.

Kamek is either gonna be getting an "Err... Ackshtually..." voice, or a high-pitched and equally condescending voice.

Oh god. If the Koopalings are in it? Ludwig is gonna be great in movie setting.

And then watch as these characters don't appear at all and it's a bland retelling of the first Super Mario Bros. games.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If Bowser Jr. is in it I want the vaguely New Yorker voice back from Sunshine. It just has nostalgic value.

Kamek is either gonna be getting an "Err... Ackshtually..." voice, or a high-pitched and equally condescending voice.

Oh god. If the Koopalings are in it? Ludwig is gonna be great in movie setting.

And then watch as these characters don't appear at all and it's a bland retelling of the first Super Mario Bros. games.
Don’t tease me with Koopalings.

I love those morons, I want them in this movie even though it won’t happen.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m not a fan of Illumination’s character designs and I think they have a tendency to make their films too visually and stylistically similar, especially with their backgrounds, but it seems like they’re able to put in a bare amount of effort in stuff like the Grinch, so hopefully it’ll look decent enough.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
As long as Mario, Luigi, and Peach aren't the only human characters in the movie and we get to see Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, and Rosalina have more than just non-speaking cameos, I'd probably be fine with the cast.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Don’t tease me with Koopalings.

I love those morons, I want them in this movie even though it won’t happen.
Yeah, it'd be super nice if they were, though.

Also, like... will we see Wario? Waluigi? Daisy? DK and his crew? Probably not Rosalina but maybe Pauline? Birdo?

I know it's not gonna fill all my expectations so I should just lower them and fully expect live-action levels of bad so I can hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can't draw for **** lmao. I'm decent with animations outside of hand drawn ones. I'm also not bad at arranging preset images to work as a design for pages and what not.

Its still fun even If I'm not the best.
I feel like I'm solid at both, but can become much stronger. Maybe I need to start drawing in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As long as Mario, Luigi, and Peach aren't the only human characters in the movie and we get to see Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, and Rosalina have more than just non-speaking cameos, I'd probably be fine with the cast.
Yeah, it'd be super nice if they were, though.

Also, like... will we see Wario? Waluigi? Daisy? DK and his crew? Probably not Rosalina but maybe Pauline? Birdo?

I know it's not gonna fill all my expectations so I should just lower them and fully expect live-action levels of bad so I can hopefully be pleasantly surprised.
May depend on what purpose would the characters serve in the movie aside from fanservice.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Fun Fact: Vlad the Impaler wasn't a vampire, as far as I know.
That fact wasn't very fun.

You're gonna get 37 Toads screaming and you're gonna like it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I actually recruited Caspar just so I could do that paralogue since I...

...heard that it involved the Death Knight and I wanted to learn more about him. While I already knew that Mercedes and him were related, I have no idea why he decided to be evil and such. Hoping I get to find out why he became like that soon.
well:
You won't learn why in the story, but Mercedes has supports that shed a lot of light on it

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
They'd get a female to voice Yoshi, let's be honest.
This is me thinking about the celebrity voice actor angle. A lot of female VAs who regularly voice male characters more career based, Tara Strong, Dedi Derryberry, etc. Besides, it's not as common to have a woman voice an adult male character in the west as it is in Japan :yoshi:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
I think they've already ruled out live action, but one of the only ways I could see the plot being coherent is if they did a shameless ripoff of Enchanted with Mario as Giselle. Yeah.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Actually they could just make the VAs voice higher-pitched un the studio if they wanted.

I think they've already ruled out live action, but one of the only ways I could see the plot being coherent is if they did a shameless ripoff of Enchanted with Mario as Giselle. Yeah.
No lie, Enchanted was on during the time I played Mario & Luigi Dream Team and I would sing the "How do you show that you love her" jingle along to the beat of one of the tracks in the game.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The only character I could see Seth Rogan voicing is maybe Popple? But he ain't appearing in the movie and I'm 100% certain of that

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I wouldn't go with a pitch adjuster for Yoshi unless the actor knows what he's doing. You think Yoshi would be anywhere near as listenable if Kazumi Totaka made more than just sound effects for him? :yoshi:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
"Yoshi loves pie!!!"

Just give him the Kirby voice

Or the voice of the "My precious!" dude

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Honestly I can't tell what would be worse: These people using their regular voices or them trying to imitate the character's voices. Like, Owen Wilson making a Luigi impression?

Anyways, Jerry Seinfeld as Waluigi and Mike Myers as Wario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom