• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Just came back from a restaurant for some burger and caramel apple milkshake (yum!). When I went to the register to pay for my meal, the cashier told me I could have the milkshake on the house.

Not sure why because I wasn't dissatisfied with the meal or service, nor was it busy in there.

But hey, free caramel apple shake!
How does it taste?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sakurai will actually livestream the next character showcase and will accidentally namedrop #5 live on stream
“...So yes, as I was saying. Terry is part of the fighters pass along with Joker, Hero, Banjo Kazooie, and Sans...

...wait a second...”

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just laughing so damn hard.

Why would you push that copyright data out.

Surely there's a direct this week or next that means but....

STEEMPY YOU EEDEOT

D

Deleted member

Sakurai will actually livestream the next character showcase and will accidentally namedrop #5 live on stream
"Hello. I am Masahiro Sakurai. Today, we will showcase the moveset of Jill-... Terry from King of Fighters. He is an acrobatic... and flashy character who.... **** it. Terry's cancelled. Never ask me for anything again."

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Just came back from a restaurant for some burger and caramel apple milkshake (yum!). When I went to the register to pay for my meal, the cashier told me I could have the milkshake on the house.

Not sure why because I wasn't dissatisfied with the meal or service, nor was it busy in there.

But hey, free caramel apple shake!
I went to a nice italian place once and the waiter gave my family a dessert entirely for free. It was pretty cool

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Heihachi's been a more consistent presence in the Tekken series, though Jin only missed out on Tekken 1 and 2 due to not being created yet. Heihachi's been used in the most crossovers, but Jin's not that far behind. Jin's also been the protagonist longer than any other character.

The only characters in every Tekken title are Heihachi, Yoshimitsu, Nina Williams and Paul Phoenix.

Marshall Law was replaced by his son in T3 and TTT1. Kazuya was missing in T3. Anna Williams was missing in T4. King was replaced completely by King II in T3.

Both show up in Namco X Capcom.
Both PXZ1 and PXZ2.
Both are in Street Fighter X Tekken.
Jin's fighting style and clothing is in Soul Calibur 5.
Heihachi is in Soul Calibur 2.
Heihachi is in Pac-Man Fever
Heihachi is in some Tekken Namco game.
Heihachi was in PSASBR.
Namco was focusing on Jin in Namco's version of Tekken vs Street Figther, unlike Capcom doing so with Kazuya.

Jin's been on the cover of Tekken 3, Tekken 4, Tekken 5, Tekken 5 DR, Tekken 6, Tekken Advance, Tekken 3D Prime and Tekken Tag 2.
Heihachi's been on the cover of Tekken 2, Tekken 4, Tekken 6, Tekken 7, Tekken Tag 2. I forget if he was also on Tag 1's cover.

That's why I see it as the whole Mishima Family being the main characters in Tekken rather than just one.
That's really how you have to look at it. But it still doesn't make it easier to decide which one will be in smash.

My bets are still on Kazuya or Jin for Smash.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
All I know about Nakoruru is she is from Samurai Showdown and has a bird.

If she does get in, and has her bird friend on the banner, I’m actually going to take that “every Fighters Pass character has a companion” thing seriously.

Shroob

Sup?

If she does get in, and has her bird friend on the banner, I’m actually going to take that “every Fighters Pass character has a companion” thing seriously.

Oh no I forgot that.

What horrid, eldritch entity did you just rouse from its slumber.

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
But how do we tell which leaks are real
Can I just bring up how much of a clown festa this game has been with leaks.

Verg leaks **** in like May

The ENTIRE roster leaks to insiders in like July

Intern-kun leaks Simon cause lol

Box happens

Ken leak

Piranha Plant I'd leaked not once but TWICE

Verg leaks Square in ****ing September

Brave is in the files

Shinobi leaks Banjo

And Now Nintendo leaks SNK

HOW DO YOU **** UP SO BAD

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's really how you have to look at it. But it still doesn't make it easier to decide which one will be in smash.

My bets are still on Kazuya or Jin for Smash.
Yeah, at that point we'd have to look at who has the most popularity. Heihachi was actually considered by Sakurai, so that'll boost him up. I'd be happy with any of them, but Jin's my favorite of the bunch of if I gotta pick one, it's him.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, at that point we'd have to look at who has the most popularity. Heihachi was actually considered by Sakurai, so that'll boost him up. I'd be happy with any of them, but Jin's my favorite of the bunch of if I gotta pick one, it's him.
Super Smash Bros with Street Fighter, Tekken, and King of Fighters characters all featured.... man if that's true.... what a timeline.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion

Hmm... A companion, you say?

Master Chief and Cortana confirmed.

Better yet, Sans and his Gasterblasters.

Or maybe Crash with Aku-Aku.

Mmm, the possibilities...

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I appreciate all the warriors coming out now that there's a leak.

We gotta get Onereasonanddone a new account soon, cause I know he also liked Terry Bogard.

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608

Oh no I forgot that.

What horrid, eldritch entity did you just rouse from its slumber.

Wait a minute

“every Fighters Pass character has a companion”

Does it have to be in the gameplay?
Cuz I mean the final smashes had companions

I don’t know much about the SNK or SS or whatever, but that Kyo guy and that Terry guy don’t seem like people with companions in final smashes...
BADASS BIRD GIRL IN SMASH

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can I just bring up how much of a clown festa this game has been with leaks.

Verg leaks **** in like May

The ENTIRE roster leaks to insiders in like July

Intern-kun leaks Simon cause lol

Box happens

Ken leak

Piranha Plant I'd leaked not once but TWICE

Verg leaks Square in ****ing September

Brave is in the files

Shinobi leaks Banjo

And Now Nintendo leaks SNK

HOW DO YOU **** UP SO BAD
Listen man. Everyone is here. They clogged the pipes. So some thing is bound to slip through the cracks.

I'm still mad about the Simon one. Because that was literally ONE DAY BEFORE THEY SHOWED HIM OFF! DAMN IT CARL YOU WORTHLESS INTERN! YOU RUINED THE SURPRISE!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Wait a minute

“every Fighters Pass character has a companion”

Does it have to be in the gameplay?
Cuz I mean the final smashes had companions

I don’t know much about the SNK or SS or whatever, but that Kyo guy and that Terry guy don’t seem like people with companions in final smashes...
BADASS BIRD GIRL IN SMASH
Not really in gameplay, since Morgana and Slime (Joker and Hero’s companions) are just taunts.

They’d just have to be with them on the banner, according to the theory.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Can't wait for Sakurai himself to tweet out the word "Woah" in a tweet sometime between post-Direct and December and have everyone go wild thinking it's a hint for Crash.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Would be bad if I want like 6 more Capcom characters in the series at some point? Cause Chun-Li's definitely one of them.
I'll be honest. I would gladly accept a Capcom Fighters Pack. Especially if it's titled "VS Capcom Fighters Pack."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hmmm.... what spirits do you think Terry would have?
Geese, Mai, Andy, Joe, Rock, Blue Mary, Billy Kane, Kim. If we getting more than just Fatal Fury, but KoF as a whole, Kyo, Iori, K', Kula Diamond, Ryo, King, Yuri, Raiden and Athena could work too.

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
Yeah, but they’ve got buds in their final smashes too
And I still don’t see those other fighters having companions in taunts
Not really in gameplay, since Morgana and Slime (Joker and Hero’s companions) are just taunts.

They’d just have to be with them on the banner, according to the theory.

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
WAIT A MINUTE
NO WAY
MUMEN RIDER AND SAITAMA FOR SMASH
Saitama rides on the bike while the cyclist for justice kicks ass

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think it's fair to criticize how Sabi rumors stuff (by flat out posting everything, which isn't the best tact) or likes to toy around with fans by giving hints that they know but isn't saying. But the C&D stuff was confirmed legitimate by another party, someone who's a part of Source Gaming, so I think despite the recent hints, that's not enough to dismiss their claims of a C&D.

So who else already got their most wanted characters and is content to watch chaos unfold and others fight over scraps?

Huh? That makes me a vindictive jerk?

Yeah, maybe so.

View attachment 236407

I’ve been set since June
Seeing all these happy Banjo & Kazooie gifs because the uncertainty of their inclusion is finally put to rest makes my inner child squee with glee.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You know if this SNK character thing is legit, this would mean both Tekken & Super Smash Bros. made a Capcom vs SNK game before Capcom and SNK did.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom