• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Nah. Clearly it's the Astral Chain protag.

Or maybe Sora with Donald and Goofy.

Or maybe Jak and Daxter

Or Ratchet and Clank

Cream & Cheese

Shrek and Donkey

Spyro and Sparx

T-Block with the L-Block

A character named "Gameboy" who's equipped with the various consoles and handhelds Nintendo has used throughout the years as weapons and attacks.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know if this SNK character thing is legit, this would mean both Tekken & Super Smash Bros. made a Capcom vs SNK game before Capcom and SNK did.

lol
There's both a series of Capcom vs SNK and SNK vs Capcom.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
At least we can definitively say that Smash made a Nintendo vs Konami vs SEGA vs Capcom vs Bandai Namco vs Square Enix vs Microsoft vs SNK game before anybody else.

Last edited:

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Nah. Clearly it's the Astral Chain protag.

Or maybe Sora with Donald and Goofy.

Or maybe Jak and Daxter

Or Ratchet and Clank

Cream & Cheese

Shrek and Donkey

Spyro and Sparx

T-Block with the L-Block

A character named "Gameboy" who's equipped with the various consoles and handhelds Nintendo has used throughout the years as weapons and attacks.
Don't forget Rayman and Globox ♥

Shroob

Sup?
So lemme simplify all this ****:

About 2-3 days ago, a leaker says "The next character is Ryu Hyabusa."

Both Verg and Sabi shoot this down, meaning they at least have an idea who's next.

Today, Nintendo leaks SNK copyright on Fighter 4's page.

Sabi insists it's not a glitch and to watch it.

Sabi says the stage will be King of Fighters(Or at least, KoF related)

So from the looks of things, it does seem to point to KoF.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So lemme simplify all this ****:

About 2-3 days ago, a leaker says "The next character is Ryu Hyabusa."

Both Verg and Sabi shoot this down, meaning they at least have an idea who's next.

Today, Nintendo leaks SNK copyright on Fighter 4's page.

Sabi insists it's not a glitch and to watch it.

Sabi says the stage will be King of Fighters(Or at least, KoF related)

So from the looks of things, it does seem to point to KoF.
So we're looking at fighting game characters again. Perfect, I have one more suggestion.

Df6xfTcUYAAl2V0.jpeg

I think he's in.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
KoF is pretty fitting for Ultimate. KoF '98 was basically the Everyone is Here for the series.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just worried how long they'll make us wait until they announce the Direct.

Surely they'll have to announce it soon, they wouldn't want it during or after the TGS.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
You know if this SNK character thing is legit, this would mean both Tekken & Super Smash Bros. made a Capcom vs SNK game before Capcom and SNK did.

lol
At first there was a Capcom vs SNK 3 being developed a couple of years back. Then it ended up becoming just a Capcom All Stars sort of game with Kyo as a guest.

Then it was shelved.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I forgot.

Fatmanonice said the bird image isn’t related to KoF, and based on the other stuff he said, I’m assuming it’s not Smash-related. He and the others who are in the know aren’t allowed to say what it’s for, however; the source finally told them.

Sabi said the SNK character is KoF.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
At the end of the day it's gonna be a war between Terry and Kyo if Samsho gets knocked out.

Will it be Kyo, the MC of KoF

Or Terry, basically the mascot of SNK

It's still a mystery.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
So.... we don't know. All we know is that we need save data from the game. So I'm going to boot it up and get to the first save point or whatever it is and put it down. See if it unlocks the spirit once it releases.

Any idea when it will?
Guessing based on zero evidence so big grain of salt, but I would assume either next update (whenever that is) or around when the full game releases (the 27th)

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I forgot.

Fatmanonice said the bird image isn’t related to KoF, and based on the other stuff he said, I’m assuming it’s not Smash-related. He and the others who are in the know aren’t allowed to say what it’s for, however; the source finally told them.

Sabi said the SNK character is KoF.
Where did Sabi say the character is KoF, unless you're referring to the thing from earlier?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Really not trying to throw stones with this comment, BUT...

Can we just talk about how this SNK hate isn’t uncharacteristic of the Smash speculation fanbase whatsoever? That this is a common thing throughout the years with characters that aren’t deemed “Nintendo” enough?

Can we finally determine that relationships with Nintendo don’t mean as much as some thought they did? That Smash isn’t just about Nintendo anymore?

Based on this mentality, that Smash is “Nintendo first” (oddly anti-selective 3rd party) the Smash fanbase hasn’t been able to really guess any of the 3rd parties past Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. If we based the 3rd parties on the desires of the fans who say, “The **** is an SNK?”, we’d never have Snake, Cloud, Ryu, Ken, Joker...arguably Bayonetta.

I just...there’s nothing wrong with wanting a character that is associated with Nintendo. Honest. But...really. There are some amazing games out there that you should play that don’t rely on Nintendo to be great. Metal Gear isn’t huge on Nintendo, but it’s an amazing series. Final Fantasy VII is an amazing game. Just not on Nintendo.

There’s always been a mentality for whatever reason, holistically, that Nintendo is the best and that anything not Nintendo doesn’t “deserve” a place in Smash.

For lack of a better word, it’s poppycock. I say this as a person who favors Nintendo games, and as someone who grew up playing nothing but Nintendo before, like, 10th grade.

EDIT: a lot of the hate isn’t here, in this thread. But social media is blowing up with it.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I don't trust anything second hand from a private Discord chat. I didn't believe it when LoZ had their own discord chat, and I don't believe it now. People can lie, images can be faked, if we're going to trust insiders, to me, it'll only be directly from those insiders themselves.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What if the alternate costumes in Smash are based on seasonal/event based instead of mostly based on their source games?

This is for fun so here’s one of my examples:

For October:
Lochness Monster Corrin

Grim Dark Medieval Armor Hero (Along with Helmet, looks like Dark Souls)

Cartoon Witch Bayonetta

Spring Dark Samus Skin: Basically an overgrown skin, where it’s full of grass and plant life instead of veins, and phazon

December Ridley Skin: An Arctic/Deep Sea Hybrid with a lot of details, or a Snow Wolf/Dragon Chimera.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom