• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
But she's ceased and desisted from talking about Nintendo products anyway, right? If she was, then why is she talking like she'll give info away on her Twitter?
It’s pretty clear Sabi likes the attention, so I guess that’s why she’s still risking stuff even after stopping for a while.

Nothing against her, though.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
this week went from tracer to ryu to nakoruru to terry to **** knows and **** this I'm going to bed

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Have to say, I still find the C&D thing to be extremely fishy. I’ve been given reason to think it’s at least partially fabricated.

I mentioned it at one point awhile back, but I would think if you received such a C&D, you wouldn’t even skirt leaks or comment on them...Like, you’re told you’re going to have legal action taken toward you, but you keep doing stuff like this? Hard for me to believe.

Doesn’t mean she doesn’t get good information. Just weird.

I also can’t grasp the concept of literally making a Discord based on yourself. But I don’t know Sabi personally, and they might be a stand up girl. Not going to necessarily hold that against them. Just find these things strange is all.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
But she's ceased and desisted from talking about Nintendo products anyway, right? If she was, then why is she talking like she'll give info away on her Twitter?
listen man, I get that Sabi said some really weird stuff, I don't like her either, but it doesn't change that she has an extremely accurate history. Its likely that she might have faked the C&D, but I'm not Sabi so I don't know why your trying to pull a gotcha moment on me, I don't know the answers to your questions.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Tfw you realize instead of the Banjo vs Steve debates or the good ol' Capcom wars, we're gonna be having a pretty brutal SNK free-for-all going on the next few days:drwtf:

Never thought I'd see the day
My Hope is that, much like the Capcom fanbase, we can all make this a positive experience among SNK fans being happy no matter who gets in.

But also #BIRDGANG/#TERRYTIME

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The whole SNK talk in the past few hours has made me realize how much I want more Chun Li in Smash, frickin hell
Would be bad if I want like 6 more Capcom characters in the series at some point? Cause Chun-Li's definitely one of them.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Would be bad if I want like 6 more Capcom characters in the series at some point? Cause Chun-Li's definitely one of them.
I'm the asshole who would happily buy an all Street Fighter Pass, let alone an all-Capcom pass. Give me Chun, give me Bison, give me Phoenix, give me Ammy, throw in Guile or Sagat or whoever! I just love Capcom!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey guys, Did you know that Terry's favorite letters are R U O and K? Now you know.

I'm the ******* who would happily buy an all Street Fighter Pass, let alone an all-Capcom pass. Give me Chun, give me Bison, give me Phoenix, give me Ammy, throw in Guile or Sagar or whoever! I just love Capcom!
Same. I want a 2nd Mega Man(namely MMX or Geo), Chun-Li, Jill or Dante. Capcom's got too many good characters. And I can totally get people wanting Phoenix and Ammy.

I would legit buy a Nintendo vs Capcom game day 1.

StormC

Smash Hero
So who else already got their most wanted characters and is content to watch chaos unfold and others fight over scraps?

Huh? That makes me a vindictive jerk?

Yeah, maybe so.

D

Deleted member

because she's ego eccentric and a liar if I'm being honest. She may usually be right, but she loves low balling Nintendo fans by promising stuff even after the NDA then not really delivering. She seems to really like the attention.
It’s pretty clear Sabi likes the attention, so I guess that’s why she’s still risking stuff even after stopping for a while.

Nothing against her, though.
Like I know nothing about her ventures in other companies or even Nintendo itself, but for Smash, she's 0/0 right now. Nobody has provided me a claim of her's for a newcomer in Smash Bros. She usually speculated and just relied on others' info. She adds nothing of value from her own sources beyond vague ass quotes: The Banjo source she had from Microsoft immediately backpedaled when pressed for info. How can I even begin to trust her for Smash info when she has done nothing for Smash speculation? This is ignoring her potentially fake C&D and actually fake Vergeben conversation. At this point, she could very well be suppressing any mistakes she's made to make herself look credible. The DM's? Probably real and she's just suppressing the info; most likely banned the person who "faked" them. The KoF stage comment? We can't prove it's real or not, but man it's her word against alleged forged evidence. I am at a level of ascended cynicism at this point.

listen man, I get that Sabi said some really weird stuff, I don't like her either, but it doesn't change that she has an extremely accurate history. Its likely that she might have faked the C&D, but I'm not Sabi so I don't know why your trying to pull a gotcha moment on me, I don't know the answers to your questions.
I might be coming off needlessly aggressive, which isn't my intention and I'm sorry. But the more I think about it, the more I just can't trust Sabi on Smash info. Read my statement above your quote.

Basically, my standpoint is that it really could be Terry, Kyo, or Nakoruru and I shouldn't have trusted Sabi's statement when it could have either been faked or deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why you gotta be like that man.

View attachment 236403

Though I gotta wonder if we could get more than 1 fighting game character since we got two JRPG characters anyway.
As much as I like the idea of them being revealed together as a sort of quasai sequel to the Kencineroar trailer, I kind of have a feeling that if we get a Tekken character, it will be Kazuya or Jin.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Terry might not be Jin Kazama, but IF he is in. He'll make the pass for me. Hero at least seems fun, and Banjo looks like a decent pick up and play character at worst, and pretty damn fun at best.

So who else already got their most wanted characters and is content to watch chaos unfold and others fight over scraps?

Yeah, maybe so.
Here's a visual of said scrap fighting.

Bomberman Vs MMX and an Ape.gif

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Rock Howard is still my #1 pick for SNK since Garou is a ******* awesome fighting game, but I know that it'll never happen...

D

Deleted member

Yeah, maybe so.

I mean there are characters I'd still like to see (Doomguy, Phoenix Wright/Monster Hunter, and I'd prefer Terry over Nakoruru), but yeah after :ultbanjokazooie: I'm not gonna be too bothered over how the pass ends up

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As much as I like the idea of them being revealed together as a sort of quasai sequel to the Kencineroar trailer, I kind of have a feeling that if we get a Tekken character, it will be Kazuya or Jin.
Considering I main Jin in every Tekken game since T3, I'm more than okay with that.

Smug Kazama 2.jpg

I have an idea of how I'd make a Tekken trailer, but I don't want to jinx it out of reality.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Didn't Sakurai consider Heihachi as the possible Bandai Namco candidate back in Smash 4 before deciding on Pac-Man?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Considering I main Jin in every Tekken game since T3, I'm more than okay with that.

View attachment 236409
Most of the merchandising and crossovers treat Jin and/or Kazuya as the Ryu of the game. It's interesting to me that people seem to think Heihachi is the face of it. Not to mention, I think both would fit in smash much more easily than Hehachi.
Didn't Sakurai consider Heihachi as the possible Bandai Namco candidate back in Smash 4 before deciding on Pac-Man?
Yes. But see above.

I could see him doing Heihachi. I would love to see how he would make him work. Kind of like some sort of inbetween with DK and Little Mac. But something tells me the same difficulties that beset Heihachi would not apply as readily to Kazuya or Jin.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Terry might not be Jin Kazama, but IF he is in. He'll make the pass for me. Hero at least seems fun, and Banjo looks like a decent pick up and play character at worst, and pretty damn fun at best.

Here's a visual of said scrap fighting.

View attachment 236408
Does anyone know where this image is from? I'm assuming it's a commercial, and I want to see more of it.

Also, Bomberman just looks happy to be there.

Shroob

Sup?
Can I just bring up how much of a clown festa this game has been with leaks.

Verg leaks **** in like May

The ENTIRE roster leaks to insiders in like July

Intern-kun leaks Simon cause lol

Box happens

Ken leak

Piranha Plant I'd leaked not once but TWICE

Verg leaks Square in ****ing September

Brave is in the files

Shinobi leaks Banjo

And Now Nintendo leaks SNK

HOW DO YOU **** UP SO BAD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Box happens

Ken leak

Brave is in the files

Shinobi leaks Banjo

Nintendo with their leaks right now.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Box happens

Ken leak

Brave is in the files

Shinobi leaks Banjo

Nintendo is keeping info under tight wraps this time around. :4pacman:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Box happens

Ken leak

Brave is in the files

Shinobi leaks Banjo

Alrighty y'all, place your bets,

How will character 5 get leaked?

At this point, I won't be surprised If they accidentally reveal the tab on the website after we get this SNK character officially announced lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Box happens

Brave is in the files

Shinobi leaks Banjo

Smash 4 wasn't that great with leaks either. When all was said and done, the only base game characters not leaked were Robin and Lucina
The Gematsu leaker got everything for base game except for Robin, Lucina, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr. and Dark Pit, and while it also claimed Chrom and the Chorus Kids the general consensus on those two is that they were considered in an earlier stage of planning but ultimately dropped. Hell, Rhythm Heaven even had a series icon in the files. Then the ESRB leak just cleaned up everything that Gematsu missed.

Noipoi

Howdy!

At this point, I won't be surprised If they accidentally reveal the portrait on the website after we get this SNK character is offically announced
Nintendo will just straight up tweet it four months before they’re supposed to

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Box happens

Ken leak

Brave is in the files

Shinobi leaks Banjo

EVERYONE IS LEAKED

D

Deleted member

At this point, I won't be surprised If they accidentally reveal the tab on the website after we get this SNK character officially announced lol
Nintendo just says **** it and reveals him alongside Character 4.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

At this point, I won't be surprised If they accidentally reveal the tab on the website after we get this SNK character is offically announced
I mean, if they show up in the same trailer, then probably not at all.

Though if I had to bet, your idea seams the most likely.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

Sakurai will actually livestream the next character showcase and will accidentally namedrop #5 live on stream

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Most of the merchandising and crossovers treat Jin and/or Kazuya as the Ryu of the game. It's interesting to me that people seem to think Heihachi is the face of it. Not to mention, I think both would fit in smash much more easily than Hehachi.
Heihachi's been a more consistent presence in the Tekken series, though Jin only missed out on Tekken 1 and 2 due to not being created yet. Heihachi's been used in the most crossovers, but Jin's not that far behind. Jin's also been the protagonist longer than any other character.

The only characters in every Tekken title are Heihachi, Yoshimitsu, Nina Williams and Paul Phoenix.

Marshall Law was replaced by his son in T3 and TTT1. Kazuya was missing in T3. Anna Williams was missing in T4. King was replaced completely by King II in T3.

Both show up in Namco X Capcom.
Both PXZ1 and PXZ2.
Both are in Street Fighter X Tekken.
Jin's fighting style and clothing is in Soul Calibur 5.
Heihachi is in Soul Calibur 2.
Heihachi is in Pac-Man Fever
Heihachi is in some Tennis Namco game.
Heihachi was in PSASBR.
Namco was focusing on Jin in Namco's version of Tekken vs Street Figther, unlike Capcom doing so with Kazuya.

Jin's been on the cover of Tekken 3, Tekken 4, Tekken 5, Tekken 5 DR, Tekken 6, Tekken Advance, Tekken 3D Prime and Tekken Tag 2.
Heihachi's been on the cover of Tekken 2, Tekken 4, Tekken 6, Tekken 7, Tekken Tag 2. I forget if he was also on Tag 1's cover.

That's why I see it as the whole Mishima Family being the main characters in Tekken rather than just one.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just came back from a restaurant for some burger and caramel apple milkshake (yum!). When I went to the register to pay for my meal, the cashier told me I could have the milkshake on the house.

Not sure why because I wasn't dissatisfied with the meal or service, nor was it busy in there.

But hey, free caramel apple shake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom