• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

And this is just pure subjective speculation, but if I was a leaker and heard Terry, I would immediately assume him with KoF compared to Nakoruru, who is specifically SamSho.

My entire big brained bet on Terry is totally dependent on Sabi actually saying KoF, but the Twitter post supports the idea that she backpedaled out of fear.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
We're all wrong. They're gonna Galaxy brain us with a Pokemon Trainer-esque "SNK TEAM" of characters repping their games, and it'll work KOF-style. Terry, Nakoruru, and Leona or Marco. It's time.

D

Deleted member

She said that in response to what stage the character would get though
A King of Fighters stage? Well then it'll be for a King of Fighters character. If Nakoruru doesn't have a stage dedicated to her, then she's shot in the head. I'd imagine a KoF stage would be something similar to Suzaku Castle for Street Fighter, so I'm going all in on Terry or Kyo--a character who was there for decades

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I don't visit SmashBoards for a day and apparently there's a leak or summat?

Big hmmmm

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
She said that in response to what stage the character would get though
This is true, but I’d argue you wouldn’t add a SamSho character with a KoF stage.

The problem is that KoF has so many characters that double in other franchises, it makes it harder to pin down the actual choice. I really think it would be one of Terry, Kyo, Nakoruru, or based on what others have said, Geese.

Though right now I think it’s Terry or Nakoruru.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't visit SmashBoards for a day and apparently there's a leak or summat?

Big hmmmm
Nintendo accidentally revealed up of the upcoming characters copyright is from SNK.

Trusted leaker said something about a King of Fighters Stage.

Now we're arguing whether Terry counts as a KOF fighter or a Fatal Fury one.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Now we're arguing whether Terry counts as a KOF fighter or a Fatal Fury one.
It's most likely gonna be:

1567382073577.png

or King of Fighters XV even though that was barely confirmed to exist last month.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
arguments for nakoruru:
  • bird picture
  • milk bosatsu calling hero details + labo VR back in december 2018 then going on to say fighter 4 is a female fighting game character with a returning projectile in june
arguments for terry:
  • the literal big boy of SNK
  • sakurai is a fan
it can go either way

bird gang sounds more fun
For some reason I have less of a problem with Nakoruru over Terry. While both would make for wonderful additions, something about getting a Fatal Fury/King of Fighters character before a Tekken one bothers me. Samurai Shodown does not.

D

Deleted member

Oh my god. I can't believe that WiiWare fighting game my brother got would actually appear in Smash Bros. It literally had a mother****ing character who looks like this.

Ultimate is wild y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I don't see how Nakoruru would fall under the KoF umbrella when SamSho just got rebooted. To me it would make more sense to just go full in on representing it specifically than making it go halfsies with KoF.

D

Deleted member

Like can I give a shoutout to Brian Battler for a hot second? I want this in my Smash Brothers.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can’t imagine Mai being the pick considering her design would likely be kept far from Smash. There just isn’t a viable way to retain her design while editing her for Smash, at least to me.

Imo, if the SNK pick is actually happening...it comes down to Terry Bogard or Nakoruru. Personally thinking it’s Terry Bogard, but that’s just me.
Couldn't they just use the Fatal Fury 3 version? This game has Bayonetta anyways, and Shulk's alt. Not that I'd pick anyone over Terry.

1567382227620.png

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
alright, another thing from sabi

There was a problem fetching the tweet

seems like she hasn't actually heard anything from her main source, if I understand what she's saying correctly

D

Deleted member

alright, another thing from sabi

seems like she hasn't actually heard anything from her main source, if I understand what she's saying correctly
Didn't stop her from posting how she talked to Vergeben about Ryu.

But yeah, sounds like I might be jumping the gun given this is Sabi. Could be KoF or SamSho.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Didn't stop her from posting how she talked to Vergeben about Ryu.
I'm going to assume that what she posts in her discord she doesn't hold to the same standard as what she posts on twitter, which is where she's put all of her actual leaks.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Character 4 does end up being an SNK fighting game character, I’m drawing whoever it is throwing Heihachi off a cliff.

Heihachi Mishima...

...is dead.
Why you gotta be like that man.

Heihachi Manly Tear.gif

Though I gotta wonder if we could get more than 1 fighting game character since we got two JRPG characters anyway.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
ok so we got it down to Terry Bogard
the question is: what's his trailer gonna be about?
The trailer opens up in a court room.
Prosecutor Payne is on the witness stand this time. A bunch of smash characters are in the audience.

Terry is the defendant

The judge announces that Intern Carl is on trial for copyright violations.

He pleads he's innocent

"OBJECTION!"

Phoenix: "Sorry Carl but I went undercover to discover the truth behind this mystery! It was there I learned you violated my client's rights and your NDA by leaking him in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Little did you expect that I'd be joining this roster to!"

Intern Carl: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Curse you Phoenix Wright!

Terry and Phoenix are announced as pack 4 and 5 respectively.
sabi threw out a lil bit of a statement of sorts about the stuff

Shell shocked

-Shell Shock is a based Mario Party 2 Mini Game.

Mario Party 2 Remake Confirmed!

D

Deleted member

I'm going to assume that what she posts in her discord she doesn't hold to the same standard as what she posts on twitter, which is where she's put all of her actual leaks.
But she's ceased and desisted from talking about Nintendo products anyway, right? If she was, then why is she talking like she'll give info away on her Twitter?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
With all of this speculation for who the SNK character will be (if we even get one), I'm throwing my hat in the ring for King of Dinosaurs.

I mean, look at him! (Link in case the images are broken) He's a Mexican luchador who dresses up like a raptor!

Seriously, I feel like I'd be fine with any of the options that are being discussed. Terry seems like the most likely in my eyes, but from what little I've played of Metal Slug, a character from that could be fun to play as. Kyo, Geese, or Mai would make a lot of sense, and while I'm not familiar with Samurai Shodown, if Nakoruru makes it in, I'd be interested to see how they incorporate her falcon (or is it a hawk?) into her moves.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Tfw you realize instead of the Banjo vs Steve debates or the good ol' Capcom wars, we're gonna be having a pretty brutal SNK free-for-all going on the next few days:drwtf:

Never thought I'd see the day

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But she's ceased and desisted from talking about Nintendo products anyway, right? If she was, then why is she talking like she'll give info away on her Twitter?
because she's ego eccentric and a liar if I'm being honest. She may usually be right, but she loves low balling Nintendo fans by promising stuff even after the NDA then not really delivering. She seems to really like the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom