• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm just glad we know

"It's SNK"

That gives us enough to chew on until hopefully we get the Direct this week.
Yeah, we had our fun with the anything goes but this is the stick in the candy floss machine we need.

And SNK may not have as many massive names as Capcom for example but they've also not got one stand out character like how Mega Man and Ryu were Capcom's mascots basically.

It could be Terry, it could be Kyo, they could pull a Tekken 7 and make it one of the baddies like Rugal, they could be doing a promotional one for Samurai Showdown or Metal Slug.

Lot of possibilities.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
SNK treats both Terry and Nakoruru as mascots, which means we’re getting them as a tag team duo, like the Icies, dumb dumbs.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I've been saying this since E3 but it's pretty obvious selling these characters to Japan is Nintendo's first priority.

I feel like Doom hopes are dead.
If anything they're selling the SNK character to Latin America and China. Not saying it's not popular in Japan because King of Fighters is popular in there as well. The series is just also notably popular in the regions I mentioned.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
While I agree we should always looks at even credible leakers a skeptical eye, you are kind of sounding kind of like Grinch supporters / box deniers used to right now.
Well Verge has never been wrong as said. If he says it isn't an SNK rep, then that's that.

Shroob

Sup?
If anything they're selling these characters to Latin America and China. Not saying it's not popular in Japan because King of Fighters is popular in there as well. The series is just also notably popular in the regions I mentioned.
Can confirm, a friend of mine who hails from Mexico is losing his **** about a SNK rep.

StormC

Smash Hero
If anything they're selling the SNK character to Latin America and China. Not saying it's not popular in Japan because King of Fighters is popular in there as well. The series is just also notably popular in the regions I mentioned.
My point is they want to make sure the character appeals to Japan. Banjo is more popular outside of Japan, but he's still popular there as well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
image.gif

i got rejected today so heres a dancing cockroach

are we arguing about which internet boogeyman is right about things

RandomAce

Smash Champion
If I were to assume that whatever Sabi said was real:
(Incoming long post)

It would very likely be Kyo. King of Fighters is a crossover title ala Smash where several of their series clash at each other, and despite Terry and Nakoruru appearing in KOF (Nakoruru only appeared in the most recent game KOF 14) they are almost always represented by their respective series being Fatal Fury and Samurai Showdown. It wouldn’t make sense to have Terry and use the KOF Franchise when he hails from Fatal Fury, for Sakurai or SNK.

Kyo, however, is the face of KOF and one of SNK’s most iconic characters. He first hails from the series, appeared in every title, and plays an important role in a majority of the series story arcs. The developers at one point considered having Kyo not appear during KOF 1999’s development, but they couldn’t because a lot of the feedback showed that Kyo is just such a staple character. Kyo is one of SNK’s most iconic characters, so it wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Kyo would be one of the first choices for an SNK rep.

Plus, Terry and many other notable SNK and KOF characters appeared in other fighting game titles, most notably Geese and Haohmaru from Bandai series Tekken and Soul Calibur. Interesting enough, Kyo hasn’t made a guest appearance yet so he would be a new guest character for SNK to crossover with.

Aside from that, Kyo has a lot of potential for a unique rekka combo moveset, where he can link several of normals and potential special moves together and cancel them using the MAX mechanic which has become a staple since KOF 1998. He has such a large number of special moves from his various appearances to pull from that can make him interesting and stand out.
—————————————————
If you can’t tell, I’m a pretty big KOF fan. Similar to my other top three most wanted, Kyo is actually another of my dream choices for Smash, and even if I don’t get my other three, man Kyo would be that character where I nearly couldn’t breath similar to Joker. My heart practically skipped a beat when I first saw that SNK trademark leak.

EDIT: Apparently Sabi deleted her KOF massage :crying:. Real or not though, I may as well use this to finally talk about Kyo.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
If you take Mai boobs away thats like taking away sonic shoes or marios hat

Litrally the main and biggest appeal to her design gone

might as well just add any other ninja at that point

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hope you’re ready for Terry
you say that like it'd be a bad thing

as long as goose is a spirit or is somewhere in the game, please god be an alt color scheme, terry is ok

his failed engrish is always hilarious

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well look at this:
View attachment 236391
Haven’t seen this one before. But sure seems crazy if both the rumors going around are true.
Hm this one kind of feels more like another speculative post disguised as a leak. Linking songs instead of matter-of-factly stating their names sounds like something a fan of those series would do when trying to get other people on board.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've ever had a reveal trailer description properly leaked for a character, have we?

Noipoi

Howdy!
you say that like it'd be a bad thing

as long as goose is a spirit or is somewhere in the game, please god be an alt color scheme, terry is ok

his failed engrish is always hilarious
I didn’t mean to imply it’s a bad thing

I’m actually pretty interested in seeing him in action

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I didn’t mean to imply it’s a bad thing

I’m actually pretty interested in seeing him in action
imagine ken but he fights and dresses like a trucker

yep, im ready for everyone to complain that "tt--t-t-terry?!?!?!?!? hes just ken!!!!!!!" like oh okay, sure, but no one wanted tracer so beggers cant be choosers

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My dark horse pick for this race is Athena Asymia from Psycho Soldier, King of Fighter's China team (despite being a Japanese schoolgirl?) and Awakening from the Ordinary Life.

First character in gaming to get an in game vocal theme. And probably closest we'd get to Hatune Miku.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SNK has some of the best sprite animations and sprite work in general in the industry

It fascinates me how smash fans can just ignore all these amazing games with of ton blood and sweat put into them with a simple

"EW THIS ISNT CRASH BANDICOOT WTF SNK IS IRRELAVANT"

Shows how much these people have no care in the world for anything the industry offers to them

garbage
As much as I want it to be Crash. I can’t know an SNK choice one tiny bit.

Plus, who knows. My endless Namco stanning might be fruitless and Crash could be the final pack.

As I have said numerous times before. No character is truly a bad choice. After the Banjo v Steve Wars, I found this to be a much healthier way to engage with this game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My black horse pick for this race is Athena Asymia from Psycho Soldier, King of Fighter's China team (despite being a Japanese schollgirl?) and Awakening from the Ordinary Life.

First character in gaming to get an in game vocal theme. And probably closest we'd get to Hatune Miku.
Just think of all the alts. we could get with her.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Bruh

BRUH

I LEFT FOR A COUPLE DAYS TO BE WITH FAMILY AND I COME BACK TO SEE THAT WE'RE APPARENTLY GETTING AN SNK REP?!

WHY DOES THE CRAZY STUFF ALWAYS HAPPEN WHEN I'M GONE?!

This is fresh news for me. GIVE ME THE DEETS NOW!

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If Character 4 does end up being an SNK fighting game character, I’m drawing whoever it is throwing Heihachi off a cliff.

Heihachi Mishima...

...is dead.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just think of all the alts. we could get with her.
KOF 2000 is my personal favorite but if they have the defualt sailor look and the classic 94 I'd be happy/

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
sabi threw out a lil bit of a statement of sorts about the stuff
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
sabi threw out a lil bit of a statement of sorts about the stuff
There was a problem fetching the tweet
>shellshocker

Shell Shock is a military based term... makes it sound like Marco from Metal Slug

Though my intuition is saying Nakoruru

D

Deleted member

Bruh

BRUH

I LEFT FOR A COUPLE DAYS AND I COME BACK TO SEE THAT WE'RE APPARENTLY GETTING AN SNK REP?

This is fresh news for me. Give me the deets now!
Nintendo put up a page for challenger pack 4 that had SNK listed as it's only copyright, similar to how Banjo and Hero only list their respective companies copyrights. Page got taken down a few hours later.
Right now we're just arguing on whether it's Nakoruru, Terry or Kyo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom