• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

so was the kof thing fake too? This is important

edit: PogChamp
No idea. It was either deleted or it was fake. Knowing Sabi, it was probably deleted. Either way, Sabi is not backing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
to take sabi stuff with a pinch of salt

it's possible she's deleting messages and denying DMs after seeing how fast they're spreading and realising this could **** with her C&D (if it's real)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hm.

Sabi yesterday: “Even Verge says it’s not Hayabusa! R-right Verg?”

Sabi today, “Nah, it’s definitely SNK”

What the eff am I seeing right now? WHAT’S REAL, WHAT ISNT???

No, but like really. If Sabi wasn’t able to specifically say Hayabusa wasn’t the pick yesterday, how are they able to say it’s definitely KoF related now?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
According to Sabi, she thinks KOF is getting a newcomer.

View attachment 236368

The plot thickens.
This is confusing. The posited question was "what stage will they get" and they were responded to with "King of Fighters" presumably meaning some sort of "King of Fighters Arena" where the tournaments are held. This goes in strict opposition to how Ryu was handled, where they used his home stage from Street Fighter II. as opposed to the many "Arena of Champions" type stages that pepper the series, most prominently showcased in Street Fighter V.

So I posit this question, is there a "King of Fighters Arena" in the series, and does it belong to any specific character>

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
This is confusing. The posited question was "what stage will they get" and they were responded to with "King of Fighters" presumably meaning some sort of "King of Fighters Arena" where the tournaments are held. This goes in strict opposition to how Ryu was handled, where they used his home stage from Street Fighter II. as opposed to the many "Arena of Champions" type stages that pepper the series, most prominently showcased in Street Fighter V.

So I posit this question, is there a "King of Fighters Arena" in the series, and does it belong to any specific character>
iirc KoF is basically just a big ol SNK character bash in the vein of smash (like smash before smash was a thing)

so it's like saying a character coming to PSASBR 2 features a 'smash bros stage'

Shroob

Sup?
"Monkey's paw, I want Terry in Smash."

*The paw curls*

"Introducing Challenger 4, Terry.......-chan from SNK Heroines."

Notlikethis

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
iirc KoF is basically just a big ol SNK character bash in the vein of smash (like smash before smash was a thing)

so it's like saying a character coming to PSASBR 2 features a 'smash bros stage'
KoF has a ton of original characters too though, I assume it has its own stages as well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright so the "not-female" DM is false (Sabi just came out to say that) but if the rep is from KoF, that still kinda rules out bird
KoF is a multi-series crossover(but with it's original characters too like Kyo and Iori), It's also an alternate timeline of Fatal Fury/Garou. Nakaruru is playable in KOF14 at the very least.

That's why if the SNK character is a KoF character, it's kind of hard to specify which. Because so many of SNK's franchises have been apart of KoF. If we knew it was a Fatal Fury character, that'd rule out Nakaruru and Kyo. If it was SamSho, it'd rule out Terry, Mai, Kyo, but not Nakaruru.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Except King of Fighters also has it's own roster of original characters, which is what I would take from the aforementioned statement.

But I take your meaning. Has Terry's iconic Train stage ever featured in King of Fighters? That would almost certainly be what he is given and if it's never been in KoF, then I would say that rules him out.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alright so the "not-female" DM is false (Sabi just came out to say that) but if the rep is from KoF, that still kinda rules out bird
Nakoruru was in King of Fighters 14, so that doesn't necessarily rule her out. (assuming that the quote that the character is from King of Fighters is legitimate and not Photoshopped or speculation)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Except King of Fighters also has it's own roster of original characters, which is what I would take from the aforementioned statement.

But I take your meaning. Has Terry's iconic Train stage ever featured in King of Fighters? That would almost certainly be what he is given and if it's never been in KoF, then I would say that rules him out.
I think there's been variations of the train stage in a few KoF games. But the KoF 14 version isn't quite as cool as Garou's from what I remember.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
KoF has a ton of original characters too though, I assume it has its own stages as well.
the obvious answer is that the character is a pokemon trainer style SNK rep featuring terry, nakoruru and kyo, with a generic KoF ring to accomodate all three

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nintendo fans today: “Wtf is an SNK?”

Nintendo fans after SNK character is revealed: “Wtf how did you not expect an SNK rep? It’s literally one of the biggest fighting game series ever! In this essay I will-“
I knew what SNK was and some of their characters(Mai, Geese, Terry, Yuri and a few others that I can't remember the names of) and titles and that they are big in the fighting industry, but other that that, I know absolutely nothing about their characters that I just can't feel excited for them. I don't have a problem with them. Besides the names, their characters are just a literal "Who" to me?
Would be a shame if we got another avatar charcter with a personality of a plankwood instead capcoms more vibrant main characters like Pheonix or Dante
->Monster Hunter player character
->Plankwood Personality

Yeah......how about no? We are talking about a character that frickin' strikes poses after using a healing potion in front of their enemies, a character so cocky, they go unto their back as they taunt their foes, a character willing to bring down their giant sword on recently placed barrel bombs just because it's so effective on the monsters, and who literally lifts their freshly cooked steak to the heavens in celebration as they finish cooking it.
You think people putting Hector from FE7 in the middle of an enemy army is cockiness at it's finest? How about a character who does that in front of frickin' forces of nature and brutes that want to tear you apart because you simply exist? And multiples of them?

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Oh man... I just realized...

If we do get an SNK character, this song might not be an impossibility anymore.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Pretty sure this was KoF ‘14
66536A59-38F4-4A97-BF4E-2AD800A7FFEB.jpeg

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh man... I just realized...

If we do get an SNK character, this song might not be an impossibility anymore.

Imagine EVO Grand Finals with This is Tuna and Bacon playing.

Double K

Smash Lord
I just find Kyo super boring as a protagonist.

It's a Tekken situation where Heihachi isnt the protagonist, but no one cares about the actual protag.
to be fair, Heihachi is the poster character for most of the games and the Tekken tournament is usually his doing. He's as important as his son and grandkid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom