• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Considering a quick check of SNK’s website lists their top 4 series in the order of:

King of Fighters
Fatal Fury
Samurai Showdown
Metal Slug

With Terry Bogard starring as a key character in both King of Fighters and Fatal Fury, I would think he makes the most sense.

I could be wrong though, especially if Nakoruru shows up in concert with SamSho on Switch.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So can someone fill me in on the main characters of King of Fighters
I know Terry and Mai while big icons, don't do too much story stuff.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, I heard the news: quite the major leak!

First thought on my mind who could be the SNK rep is Terry Bogard just because he's the most prominent SNK character I can think of. I've never played Fatal Fury or King of Fighters, though I have played Capcom vs SNK 3 at a local arcade when I was a child, so I guess that was my first real exposure to Terry. I only learned more about his backstory with that Death Battle he had with Ken, and he seems like a cool guy! I'm all in for Terry being in Smash!

I never heard of Nakoruru at all prior to today and had to look her up when I heard people mentioning her name as a possible SNK rep, but after learning about how iconic she is to SNK, I guess she would be plausible choice too! It also seems to line up with that one leaker who said the next DLC character would be a female that would make a lot of fans disappointed, and it seems like she's that kind of character considering that you don't hear about her being mentioned in Smash speculation very often.

Terry Bogard is the one I prefer at the moment, but mostly because he's more familiar to me and he has the "cool" factor going for him in design, character, and backstory. Perhaps I might warm up to Nakoruru in the coming weeks though, likely after watching some gameplay footage of her in Samurai Showdown.

D

Deleted member

At this point I just want either Sabi or Verge to just come out and say who it is and free us from SNK hell.
Anyway finally watched Enter the Florpus the other day and I really enjoyed it, I was never really into Zim as a youngun but there were quite a few jokes that got a legitimate laugh out of me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just glad we know

"It's SNK"

That gives us enough to chew on until hopefully we get the Direct this week.

Double K

Smash Lord
Considering a quick check of SNK’s website lists their top 4 series in the order of:

King of Fighters
Fatal Fury
Samurai Showdown
Metal Slug

With Terry Bogard starring as a key character in both King of Fighters and Fatal Fury, I would think he makes the most sense.

I could be wrong though, especially if Nakoruru shows up in concert with SamSho on Switch.
Something to remember is that Nakoruru is basically one of the big faces of SNK, bigger than everyone else in her game and unlike say, Heihachi with Tekken, is treated as a main character that SNK uses in a lot of material for in-game and promotional purposes.

If its going to be a girl, it's certainly going to be her.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think there's been variations of the train stage in a few KoF games. But the KoF 14 version isn't quite as cool as Garou's from what I remember.
Pretty sure this was KoF ‘14View attachment 236386
Very good. So Terry is still on the table.

Now, Nakoruru was in KoF XIV. This, as far as I know, is the only such title she appeared in. Two questions. 1. Is my observation accurate, or has she been in other KoF titles? 2. Did she have a special stage in that title?

D

Deleted member

Didn't Sabi say KoF? So... Terry?
It depends, Terry is technically a Fatal Fury character but you could make the argument that's he's just as much a KoF character as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Terry is technically a Fatal Fury character but you could make the argument that's he's just as much a KoF character as well.
#KyoKusanagiconfirmed :shades:

#TerryBogarddeconfirmed and #MaiShiranuideconfirmed

Whelp wrap it up folks. The debates over. Its Kyo Kusanagi.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
They could just simply reduce the size of... yeah
Not the kind of too big arguments I expect to see here.

Okay, that was a ****ing lie. This thread goes places.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I can’t imagine Mai being the pick considering her design would likely be kept far from Smash. There just isn’t a viable way to retain her design while editing her for Smash, at least to me.

Imo, if the SNK pick is actually happening...it comes down to Terry Bogard or Nakoruru. Personally thinking it’s Terry Bogard, but that’s just me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can’t imagine Mai being the pick considering her design would likely be kept far from Smash. There just isn’t a viable way to retain her design while editing her for Smash, at least to me.

Imo, if the SNK pick is actually happening...it comes down to Terry Bogard or Nakoruru. Personally thinking it’s Terry Bogard, but that’s just me.
But Sabi said King of Fighters. Terry's Fatal Fury. So #Terrydeconfirmed4Smash.

Its Kyo.

StormC

Smash Hero
I've been saying this since E3 but it's pretty obvious selling these characters to Japan is Nintendo's first priority.

I feel like Doom hopes are dead.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
SNK has some of the best sprite animations and sprite work in general in the industry

It fascinates me how smash fans can just ignore all these amazing games with of ton blood and sweat put into them with a simple

"EW THIS ISNT CRASH BANDICOOT WTF SNK IS IRRELAVANT"

Shows how much these people have no care in the world for anything the industry offers to them

garbage

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I've been saying this since E3 but it's pretty obvious selling these characters to Japan is Nintendo's first priority.

I feel like Doom hopes are dead.
Yeah, Doomguy lookin' less likely. Which is kinda sad because I did want to see him in the game. I mean...he still has a chance, but Hayabusa is way more likely due to leaks.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I got the Fighter's Pass because after Joker, Hero, and Banjo, I really didn't care who the last two characters are to get the Pass, and this doesn't change anything for that. And it's only because I can't remove PP, which my friend got, otherwise I would have only gotten the characters I wanted. But since it's forced, I might as well just get every character, hence getting the Pass. Still, can't wait to see who the next Fighter is regardless as with cinematic trailers, even if it's a character I don't care about, could be interesting to watch.

That being said, while it may be unlikely, hoping Crash is the final character and announced at the Game Awards. But there's enough rumors around to make me doubt that. *fingers crossed*

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I guess I do have one advantage regarding the SNK rep.

Regardless of what the Smash fanbase thinks of the character they choose, it won't make a difference to me because I know so little about them.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well look at this:
78DF2D6F-7B13-40F3-92B4-ED0636ECC6A2.png

Haven’t seen this one before. But sure seems crazy if both the rumors going around are true.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys I'm just saying given Sabi said King of Fighters deconfirms Mai and Terry.

So its obviously Kyo Kusanagi given he debuted in King of Fighters whereas Mai and Terry debuted in Fatal Fury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom