• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
we're gonna need a confirmation on this confirmation regarding a confirmation

fetch me a confirmation stat
NVM

Brock Reiher said:
okay never mind the mods actually said "no comment" when asked if the screenshots are real and then ended the discussion of them which is sus as hell but fake dms do normally come out with leaks for sabi
Bird is in the dark at this point. End this cycle of life and death.

EDIT: Hold up.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So is it Terry or Kyo.

Kiyos the protagonist but Terry's the company mascot.

This is just like Tekken where Heihachi isn't the protagonist but he's the face of the series.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay. The bird girl is still a possibility. I'd honestly rather her than Terry/Kyo/Geese.

We don't have a female fighting game character yet.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Alright so the "not-female" DM is false (Sabi just came out to say that) but if the rep is from KoF, that still kinda rules out bird

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nothing against Terry but he just sounds like coming across being another:ultken:
Terry's fighting style is more of a Brawler that takes things from multiple styles. Ryu/Ken are based on Karate but with extra over-the-top stuff added in.

Terry's got an Axe Kick(Crack Shoot), a Dash Punch(Burn Knuckle), a Rising Knee-into-Dive Punch(Power Dunk), and his Projectile(Power Wave) travels along the ground. And whatever the heck you would call Rising Tackle. I guess an upside down Lariat, that sends him flying.

And those are mostly his staple moves. There's other attacks he uses on occasion like Power Charge(A Full Body Tackle), and Fire Kick.

The big similarity between Terry and Ryu/Ken is that they are pretty easy/pick up and play to use in the series.

Iridium

Smash Hero
It's been a while since I last spoke of Terry. I can wait and see what happens, but if he somehow got in, I'd take that.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I still can't believe this may actually happen...

I'm down for any SNK character but I'm hoping we get either Terry, Kyo, or Nakoruru.

D

Deleted member

Challenger Pack 5 wasn't set up by the same intern that leaked Bloody Tears / Monster Dance X)
I'm only pointing it out because it didn't get nuked on account of it being for an unrevealed character like you could argue for on challenger pack 4's page, which makes it seem like it really was taken down because it leaked what company the character is from.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Didn't realize until now. KoF was among the inspirations for Smash thus has history with it and King of Fighters legacy in gaming with Dragon Quest which is why :ulthero: got in.

So its either Terry, Mai or Kyo then.

There y'all have it folks. Nakoruru deconfirmed.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Quick question but is that discord where Sabi is in, private? I mean I barely know Sabi but well, would you love discussing with him/her about leaks? Just a theorical question, since he/she seems to know Vergeben
Nope. Sabi's discord is public.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
So we getting SNK huh.....so either Terry, Geese, Haohmaru, Nakoruru or a KoF fighter.....although all these guys have been in KoF....

Considering Hayabusa is also being leaked, I think we may have our final two.

Last edited:

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
I'm only pointing it out because it didn't get nuked on account of it being for an unrevealed character like you could argue for on challenger pack 4's page, which makes it seem like it really was taken down because it leaked what company the character is from.
Ah, alright. :)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Terry's fighting style is more of a Brawler that takes things from multiple styles. Ryu/Ken are based on Karate but with extra over-the-top stuff added in.

Terry's got an Axe Kick(Crack Shoot), a Dash Punch(Burn Knuckle), a Rising Knee-into-Dive Punch(Power Dunk), and his Projectile(Power Wave) travels along the ground. And whatever the heck you would call Rising Tackle. I guess an upside down Lariat, that sends him flying.

And those are mostly his staple moves. There's other attacks he uses on occasion like Power Charge(A Full Body Tackle), and Fire Kick.

The big similarity between Terry and Ryu/Ken is that they are pretty easy/pick up and play to use in the series.
Yeah, the only thing Terry and Ken remotely share from what I’ve seen are their appearances and maybe like one or two basic moves.

I wonder if Terry could have a mechanic pulled from Fatal Fury or KoF to further his moves as well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nintendo fans today: “Wtf is an SNK?”

Nintendo fans after SNK character is revealed: “Wtf how did you not expect an SNK rep? It’s literally one of the biggest fighting game series ever! In this essay I will-“
To be fair, I mentioned Terry a few times before. It's just that...

1. I'm more of a Tekken guy.
2. I didn't think the dream would be real.

D

Deleted member

Update on Sabi saying KoF. She either deleted it or the post was fake.

Screenshot_20190901-172420_Discord.jpg

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
so was the kof thing fake too? This is important

edit: PogChamp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom