• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Really not trying to throw stones with this comment, BUT...

Can we just talk about how this SNK hate isn’t uncharacteristic of the Smash speculation fanbase whatsoever? That this is a common thing throughout the years with characters that aren’t deemed “Nintendo” enough?

Can we finally determine that relationships with Nintendo don’t mean as much as some thought they did? That Smash isn’t just about Nintendo anymore?

Based on this mentality, that Smash is “Nintendo first” (oddly anti-selective 3rd party) the Smash fanbase hasn’t been able to really guess any of the 3rd parties past Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. If we based the 3rd parties on the desires of the fans who say, “The **** is an SNK?”, we’d never have Snake, Cloud, Ryu, Ken, Joker...arguably Bayonetta.

I just...there’s nothing wrong with wanting a character that is associated with Nintendo. Honest. But...really. There are some amazing games out there that you should play that don’t rely on Nintendo to be great. Metal Gear isn’t huge on Nintendo, but it’s an amazing series. Final Fantasy VII is an amazing game. Just not on Nintendo.

There’s always been a mentality for whatever reason, holistically, that Nintendo is the best and that anything not Nintendo doesn’t “deserve” a place in Smash.

For lack of a better word, it’s poppycock. I say this as a person who favors Nintendo games, and as someone who grew up playing nothing but Nintendo before, like, 10th grade.

EDIT: a lot of the hate isn’t here, in this thread. But social media is blowing up with it.
I mean let's be real here.

The Smash bubble is small and they want what they want, most of us are in our 20s-30s and we grew up with specific games.

And when people join the Smash scene, certain characters kinda get absorbed into your lexicon, like Geno, Isaac, etc, even if you've never played their game.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
FeelsWeirdMan, I wonder if that means its an original character or just a character in those games
I’m wondering if it could still be Nakoruru based on what FordakenM told me later on in that page; apparently she became part of KoF for a while after SamSho died out?

I don't trust anything second hand from a private Discord chat. I didn't believe it when LoZ had their own discord chat, and I don't believe it now. People can lie, images can be faked, if we're going to trust insiders, to me, it'll only be directly from those insiders themselves.
I think ForsakenM is trustworthy with this stuff; he’s asked her stuff before, and Sabi is acting suspicious anyway so we likely won’t get anything directly, she likely already deleted stuff like her KoF stage comment.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think ForsakenM is trustworthy with this stuff; he’s asked her stuff before, and Sabi is acting suspicious anyway so we likely won’t get anything directly, she likely already deleted stuff like her KoF stage comment.
Still doesn't change anything for me--it's why I generally don't just leakers who post separate things in a private setting. It makes no sense to be like, "Okay, I'll post stuff in here, but don't tell anybody, unless I say it's okay, but I won't confirm nor deny it in public even though it's been screencapped and Nintendo will still know regardless."

I trust Sabi because of their record, but the other stuff they do would make me instantly be skeptical of anybody else without that track record.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Hmmm...

what if Square made a Final Fantasy x Dragon Quest version of Dissidia?
From what I’ve heard, the developers don’t want the heroes (The main ones) from DQ fighting each other (Smash was a special exception since Sakurai was given permission), so the DQ side would limit towards that.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I trust Sabi because of their record, but the other stuff they do would make me instantly be skeptical of anybody else without that track record.
I guess so.

She sure is fishy though; commenting stuff, deleting it, commenting on “rumors” in public even after the Ninteninjas filed a C&D.

She did say ForsakenM could share it, though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's other news that's important. Namely this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean let's be real here.

The Smash bubble is small and they want what they want, most of us are in our 20s-30s and we grew up with specific games.

And when people join the Smash scene, certain characters kinda get absorbed into your lexicon, like Geno, Isaac, etc, even if you've never played their game.
Oh sure, the bubble projects itself to be bigger than it is. But let’s be honest...only a few users are clear examples of toxicity and placing Nintendo characters on a pedestal over 3rd parties. But let’s not pretend it’s only the select, visible few.

For example, that Ashley fan that said Castlevania didn’t belong in Smash. There are fans out there that truly believe a side character from a C-Tier (no offense, but let’s be real) series is a better pick than the most iconic character from a classic NES series that set the stage for plenty of excellent games afterward.

Pretty much every major Nintendo character from the biggest series are in the game.

Folks might have their own idea of what Smash should be. I get that. But that vision is clearly not shared by the guy picking the characters. Rather than whine or claim 3rd parties “don’t deserve it”, it seems to me that some folks need to really consider giving these new games, those they’re unfamiliar with, a chance.

Granted, I understand it’s not that easy to spend money one doesn’t have on stuff they don’t have the chance to play. I was fortunate enough to be able to afford a PS3 and play MGSIV when I did.

Some fans just really need to branch out and play new games imo.

Shroob

Sup?

Shroob

Sup?
Oh sure, the bubble projects itself to be bigger than it is. But let’s be honest...only a few users are clear examples of toxicity and placing Nintendo characters on a pedestal over 3rd parties. But let’s not pretend it’s only the select, visible few.

For example, that Ashley fan that said Castlevania didn’t belong in Smash. There are fans out there that truly believe a side character from a C-Tier (no offense, but let’s be real) series is a better pick than the most iconic character from a classic NES series that set the stage for plenty of excellent games afterward.

Pretty much every major Nintendo character from the biggest series are in the game.

Folks might have their own idea of what Smash should be. I get that. But that vision is clearly not shared by the guy picking the characters. Rather than whine or claim 3rd parties “don’t deserve it”, it seems to me that some folks need to really consider giving these new games, those they’re unfamiliar with, a chance.

Granted, I understand it’s not that easy to spend money one doesn’t have on stuff they don’t have the chance to play. I was fortunate enough to be able to afford a PS3 and play MGSIV when I did.

Some fans just really need to branch out and play new games imo.
Scol, I know it's hard for ya but...

Could we chat in under 50 words?

lmao

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What if the alternate costumes in Smash are based on seasonal/event based instead of mostly based on their source games?

This is for fun so here’s one of my examples:

For October:
Lochness Monster Corrin

Grim Dark Medieval Armor Hero (Along with Helmet, looks like Dark Souls)

Cartoon Witch Bayonetta

Spring Dark Samus Skin: Basically an overgrown skin, where it’s full of grass and plant life instead of veins, and phazon

December Ridley Skin: An Arctic/Deep Sea Hybrid with a lot of details, or a Snow Wolf/Dragon Chimera.

Any ideas?
Santa robin and chrom or I riot down the street

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Scol, I know it's hard for ya but...

Could we chat in under 50 words?

lmao
Literally not possible lol. My brain runs too quick for my fingers to keep up. Considering Smash is, like, my favorite...it’s hard for me to not put it all out there.

I’m...long winded.

Though folks will tell you, in DMs I type far less.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
From what I’ve heard, the developers don’t want the heroes (The main ones) from DQ fighting each other (Smash was a special exception since Sakurai was given permission), so the DQ side would limit towards that.
If you want playstyle variety you're probably not going to have multiple heroes anyway; they all have similar stats, equipment selection, and spell list in their home games.

Shroob

Sup?
Okay

Now my question is

What day did the Ad say it went for.

Hero's clearly said that it went until August 4th, which meant that Hero had to come out on or before August 4th.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What if I told you guys that all of that SNK bull**** that happened made me so mad that I passed out in my bed?

What's the current situation?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That can be responded to in two different ways.

A: Get over it, it's a ****ing video game

or

B: Do it like you do the Dragon Quest Heroes games with the memorable side characters who function as fighters, mixed with one general "Hero" character done the way smash would.

Personally, I prefer the former.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Give me the bear... give me the bird... give me the bear... give me the bird! :ultbanjokazooie:

EDIT:
YES GIVE BEAR AND BIRD PLEASE
How did I get :ultgreninja:'d on that. I guess that's what I get for looking up the video to confirm the one I was referencing.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Give me the bear... give me the bird... give me the bear... give me the bird! :ultbanjokazooie:

EDIT:

How did I get :ultgreninja:'d on that. I guess that's what I get for looking up the video to confirm the one I was referencing.
What video?

D

Deleted member

Man why is it that everything I'm looking forward too is happening in September? First Borderlands and now Banjo?
I would add Monster Hunter World: Iceborne to that but I am sadly a lowly PC player and Capcom hates us.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's the end of my week of hell.

All the bad ****'s lead up to this moment.

An ENORMOUS leak about character 4 and Banjo coming incredibly soon.

[[/MEDIA]
It’s karma, mushroom boy!

You put up with a week of bull****, and in return you get Smash leaks!

Pretty crappy reward, all things considered.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd say worse case scenario is first week of October for Banjo.

This month could happen.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
What video?
I was referencing a happy rant from the Japan Time video on Banjo & Kazooie. Not sure if I should link it as the rant contains strong language (not even sure I can reference the alias of the person who said it as it could be construed as censor dodging). It's just a quote that always makes me laugh when I hear it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Considering Sakurai mentioned that the budget isn’t all that great, I wonder if Banjo takes up a spot in the upcoming Direct for a brief rundown of the content, and we get a release date from that?

Rules out the need for an independent video, and meets the marketing need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom