• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I think Banjo and Kazooie will release in October because they have a brown and orange color scheme that is very reminiscent of Halloween

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
On the plus side, Amazon and others exist if local stores don't have stock. I try to shop local first though, personally.
Yeah, that's definitely an option. I just like buying local, partially because it encourages them to keep stocking things like that (especially physical merchandise like amiibo and other figures), and partially because it's a lot quicker and more convenient to get. If it's an older game/movie that I can't buy in my area, then I don't have much of a choice, but if anything goes wrong with shipping it (like one time where I got an empty DVD case instead of a movie), then returning it or getting a replacement is much easier.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's almost September my dudes. Hows this month looking for you all?
I'll be on the hunt for a job as well. Still not entirely sure what field I want to enter. And whether or not my first job will actually relate to it or if I'm just going to go and ahead and grab a small job for the sake of getting income.

My Birthday's also coming up later this month. On the 20th. Which I'm realizing is on the exact same day as the planned date for the "Area 51 Raid"...

...I'm not sure what to think about that. Sure as heck won't be positive thoughts, though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pfft Pokemon Masters has 1 male character in the scoutable 5* pool compared to 4 female characters. Already trying to cash in on that waifu money, are we DeNA?

Anyway I don't see Youngster Joey anywhere in the summoning pool at all so I guess I'm not really missing out on anything by not being able to play that game.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Pfft Pokemon Masters has 1 male character in the scoutable 5* pool compared to 4 female characters. Already trying to cash in on that waifu money, are we DeNA?

Anyway I don't see Youngster Joey anywhere in the summoning pool at all so I guess I'm not really missing out on anything by not being able to play that game.
they're saving youngster joey for when the game goes downhill and they have to introduce six star characters

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Roy's hot both literally and figuratively- Every fangirl ever.

But yeah, Roy's great. He's one of my top 3. 1st is Edward, 2nd is Izumi, and 3rd is Roy.
Winry is easily my favorite character. There's actually a con near where I live, and Winry's VA is gonna be there. Gonna see if I can go. Alex Louis Armstrong is 2nd, and Roy is 3rd since he gets extra bad*** points.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I love the majority of the cast of FMAB, but if I really to narrow it down to just five choices, I'd say:

1. Roy Mustang
2. Ling Yao
3. Edward Elric
4. King Bradley
5. Riza Hawkeye

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yacht Club Games had their own Nintendo Direct-like thing a few days ago; this was probably the biggest thing that came out of it, since everything else was slight updates on the other aspects of Shovel Knight and the announcement that King of Cards, Shovel Knight Showdown, and the remaining amiibos would come out this December.
Excuse me but I believe you are mistaken.
Mona is playable in Showdown. This is the real big news of the entire event. :jigglypuff64:

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I remember that the whole "Nintendo Crossover" was Iwata's idea.

Sakurai wanted to make an entire different and original game.

The logic I'm saying is that no one cared about Samus as a "character" outside her suit other thar nerds regarding Brawl for the Wii. Her moveset was irrelevant(considering that Sakurai can make a moveset out of "anything," even when he really shouldn't most of the time). Who would have really consider the idea of fighting as Samus outside of her iconic armour. It's like playing as a Link without items/weapons. Workable, but it's not "Link" to many, thus, considered "unacceptable."

I'm beginning to think the "Functions vs Functions" meme apply more to SSBU than MVCI.
Sorry, but Sakurai didn't just invent Zero Suit Samus, she was playable in that form for a whole section of a game, years before Brawl came out.

Maybe it's not a character you like to play as, but to say she's "irrelevent" and that she should be removed is just stupid.

And as for "no one caring about her as a character outside the suit except for nerds," we're on an internet forum discussing video games, we're all ****ing nerds.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Okay, I'm back from my appointment and got some Bojangles with my mom. Then we went to Burlington's to find some new dresses for her to wear in her trip with my Dad. So, what's been going on lately.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Nah, it's America-produced, making it a cartoon. Or a "fake anime" if you prefer.
I will always disagree with this logic, it just comes off as elitist. In Japan, anime is used to describe any type of animation, not just what the West calls "anime." If it takes inspiration from and is in the style of Japanese animation, it's anime as far as I'm concerned.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Cartoon Network: Hey Rebecca Sugar, what Steven Universe episodes should we re-run before the movie?

Rebecca Sugar:
1567200421602.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom