• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What is the avatar customization like?
The customisation is fine, though a bit limited in a few areas like picking colours.

But being customisable, they have no personality. Just a stoic, silent slate whilst everyone else is talking and actually possessing a personality

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Assuming the Pokemon anime rumor is true, I don't know what this confirms aside from a new art style. I Choose You and The Power of Us have drastically different styles.

Regardless, it's still gonna feature Sword and Shield. The rumor had a picture of every region's starters, including the three from Galar.
It better be the power of us style

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Assuming the Pokemon anime rumor is true, I don't know what this confirms aside from a new art style. I Choose You and The Power of Us have drastically different styles.

Regardless, it's still gonna feature Sword and Shield. The rumor had a picture of every region's starters, including the three from Galar.
Hm? What Pokemon rumor?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hm? What Pokemon rumor?
There was a "big announcement" happening this Sunday, and everyone thought it was the reveal of the new SwSh anime. Apparently, it's an announcement of the announcement, which will allegedly be on September 29th.

And the poster that contains all this information uses a logo identical to the ones used in I Choose You and The Power of Us. No idea what that's supposed to mean, since both movies have very different art styles. For all we know, it could be a completely different and orginal style, which is what we were kinda already expecting given how the past three anime series did this.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Personally, I'd prefer something closer to I Choose You or the BW and XY series.

The Power of Us looks good, but I wouldn't want it for a full series. Some characters and Pokemon just look too weird.

Team Rocket is a good example.

maxresdefault.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My only option for buying physical games in college was sold out of copies of Astral Chain so I had to buy digital. Just started playing.

First off, The default controls are ********. A hack n slash should not have the main attack button mapped to a trigger. At least I could change that.

Not a fan of how you can’t simultaneously use your gun and your baton. I get it, it’s so you can control your legion. But it still doesn’t feel right.

Also. I can’t believe the only reason the main characters are twins is so that one can have a personality and talk in the cutscenes, while the other can be a silent “avatar for the player” (likely an order from Shigy himself). So now, if I want to play as a girl, I have to have the whole damn game mansplained to me. Why couldn’t it just be two alternate options with a talking and named main character?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anything to back it up?
There was a "big announcement" happening this Sunday, and everyone thought it was the reveal of the new SwSh anime. Apparently, it's an announcement of the announcement, which will allegedly be on September 29th.

And the poster that contains all this information uses a logo identical to the ones used in I Choose You and The Power of Us. No idea what that's supposed to mean, since both movies have very different art styles. For all we know, it could be a completely different and orginal style, which is what we were kinda already expecting given how the past three anime series did this.
A news site also reported the news but took it down, if you want more of the picture just read through jynx’s Tweets:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Personally, I'd prefer something closer to I Choose You or the BW and XY series.

The Power of Us looks good, but I wouldn't want it for a full series. Some characters and Pokemon just look too weird.

Team Rocket is a good example.

They look pretty good in Power of Us to me

D

Deleted member

How satisfied would you guys be if these were the final two?

74: Terry Bogard
75: Crash Bandicoot
They don't satisfy me, but it's not like I'm going to ***** about the roster that has Hero and B&K in it. I'm already satisfied.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
A news site also reported the news but took it down, if you want more of the picture just read through jynx’s Tweets:
Yeah, after reading the translation, this doesn't seem to be directly related to the main anime. Probably a small mini series or something like the Mega Evolution specials.

They look pretty good in Power of Us to me
They look good, but I prefer a more cartoony style. Maybe not to the extent of SuMo, but I think BW and XY got it pretty close to what I'd like. The style they used in Power of Us looks too serious IMO. It's something that looks better in Pokemon movies intended to have serious tones rather than a lighthearted anime series where gags are present around every corner.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, after reading the translation, this doesn't seem to be directly related to the main anime. Probably a small mini series or something like the Mega Evolution specials.

They look good, but I prefer a more cartoony style. Maybe not to the extent of SuMo, but I think BW and XY got it pretty close to what I'd like. The style they used in Power of Us looks too serious IMO. It's something that looks better in Pokemon movies intended to have serious tones rather than a lighthearted anime series where gags are present around every corner.
The mega specials were apart of the main anime though. A mini series is possible but an anime based around the best things from each series could be it as well.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I can feel a strange wind.

As if tomorrow, my avatar, signature and title are going to change.
Hmm, I've got an idea on what you could do...

You should totally theme yourself after Isabelle from Animal Crossing! Genius!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I have to guess when this supposed direct might be. I'm gonna guess Wednesday as that's when they normally do them.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Pick one of the following options.

1. 74: Nightmare and 75: Crash Bandicoot
2. 74: Phoenix Wright and 75: Doom Guy
3. 74: Shantae and 75: Sora
4. 74: Nakoruru and 75: Ryu Hayabusa
5. 74: Edelgard and 75: Terry Bogard
6. 74: Lloyd Irving and 75: Elma
7. 74: Kasumi (Dead or Alive) and 75: Dante
8. 74: Scorpion and 75: Agumon
Option 7 no question

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How satisfied would you guys be if these were the final two?

74: Terry Bogard
75: Crash Bandicoot
I'd be pretty satisfied. They aren't my most wanted, but from what I've played of the King of Fighters and its related franchises (a Wii collection, Garou Mark of the Wolves, KOF14) and Crash Bandicoot (N. Sane Trilogy, CTR Nitro-Fueled, Wrath of Cortex), they'd be fun to use. They'd be straightforward characters - no obvious gimmicks attached to them, and their moves wouldn't be crazy, over-the-top, ridiculous, etc. - but given how big their franchises are, their inclusion would definitely make sense.

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Sorry, but Sakurai didn't just invent Zero Suit Samus, she was playable in that form for a whole section of a game, years before Brawl came out.

Maybe it's not a character you like to play as, but to say she's "irrelevent" and that she should be removed is just stupid.

And as for "no one caring about her as a character outside the suit except for nerds," we're on an internet forum discussing video games, we're all ****ing nerds.
Did I say that Sakurai created ZSS? I'm aware that he based an idea from a segment in Zero Mission that (A. Wasn't rally needed in a remake of the original Metroid for the Famicom, and (B. Was really that favored. Who water stealth missions in a side-scrolling action adventure?

Most people only remember shirtless Samus as a reward for beating the game, which not many people did. Not something many think about when getting into a series best know for exploration and danger. Who the protagonist is is rarely important when all that matters is discovering and attacking the world. Similar to DOOM and HALF-LIFE 1.

And the internet is only a small minority of society, which SSB is aiming to sell to(for better or for worse.)

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Crash's games are cool, but I don't like him as a character. He's a little annoying sometimes, and that stupid "Woah" meme didn't do him any favors.

I'd prefer Spyro, even though that'll never happen because Japan doesn't care about him.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Awww **** YEAH!!!! This is indicating we'll be getting set photos and maybe even a trailer soon (Maybe released during It: Chapter Two, New York's Comic-Con or Joker).

https://twitter.com/OMEGAGORMARU/status/1167202028642275328

Also.

Legendary and Toho Tags First Toyline Partner For '#GODZILLA vs. KONG' - Playmates Toys Limited. --- Jakks, NECA, Bandai, Likely To Develop For GvK
Playmates Toys is a Hong-Kong,China toy company, one with a U.S. branch that has seen successful product lines and sales
Within a recently released Playmates Toys 2019 Interim and Brand Report, spotlighting their successes and future ventures, 'GODZILLA vs. KONG' was officially announced to being one of those said ventures for next year's business, stating 'In 2020, Legendary Pictures, Toho and Warner Bros, will arrange for fans worldwide the long awaited battle between #Godzilla and Kong upon the big screen! We will be developing a full 'GODZILLA vs. KONG' product line, giving children everywhere the opportunity to join the battle of the century!" Beyond Playmates Toys, previously in their interview with License Global, Legendary Entertainment has stated "Legendary continues to work in all categories with best-in-class partners that are drawn to our exciting fan-focused IP," says Dekel. "As a result, we have longstanding relationships with some of the biggest names in licensing including Bandai, Playmates, Jakks Pacific (toys), Mezco and NECA (collectibles), Changes (apparel), Hot Topic and Amazon (retail), just to name a few."

So it's likely that Jakks Pacific, NECA, and of course Bandai, might return again for 'GODZILLA vs. KONG'. The mentioning of MEZCO, which has produced the 'King Kong of Skull Island' figurine merch, does spark curiosity, but until tagged is just speculation.

GORMARU on Twitter

Legendary Entertainment: A Larger-Than-Life Licensing Story

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Did I say that Sakurai created ZSS? I'm aware that he based an idea from a segment in Zero Mission that (A. Wasn't rally needed in a remake of the original Metroid for the Famicom, and (B. Was really that favored. Who water stealth missions in a side-scrolling action adventure?

Most people only remember shirtless Samus as a reward for beating the game, which not many people did. Not something many think about when getting into a series best know for exploration and danger. Who the protagonist is is rarely important when all that matters is discovering and attacking the world. Similar to DOOM and HALF-LIFE 1.

And the internet is only a small minority of society, which SSB is aiming to sell to(for better or for worse.)
I can barely make out what half of this says, but I'm assuming it boils down to "I don't like Zero Suit Samus, so she should be taken out of the game." And I disrespectfully disagree.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm curious, what do you folks think of the Sun and Moon anime's style?

It seemed like a step down from all the previous seasons to me at first, and it was so different that I was very hesitant on giving it a watch. But after catching up through several episodes, it's grown on me.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'm curious, what do you folks think of the Sun and Moon anime's style?

It seemed like a step down from all the previous seasons to me at first, and it was so different that I was very hesitant on giving it a watch. But after catching up through several episodes, it's grown on me.
I think that if they were going to drastically change the art style, then they should have just rebooted it completely. Ash has run his course and is just uninteresting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom