• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
And the internet is only a small minority of society, which SSB is aiming to sell to(for better or for worse.)
Smash Bros is meant to appeal to both die-hard fans and the casual masses alike. It's packed to the brim with little references and easter eggs more casual fans might not catch.

I think it's awesome that they can appeal to both. Most people in the west may not really know who Lucas is but it's great that the people who do can have him in Smash fighting alongside big icons like Mario or Sonic. And there's nothing stopping people from playing characters they've never heard of if they seem cool or fun.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm curious, what do you folks think of the Sun and Moon anime's style?

It seemed like a step down from all the previous seasons to me at first, and it was so different that I was very hesitant on giving it a watch. But after catching up through several episodes, it's grown on me.
I loved it as soon as It was shown off

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
“Steve can’t get in Smash; allow me to present my opinions as facts:

-Just a costume or stage is fine
-He has no personality, and no, let me ignore you saying they could change the pixels on his face in different situations and let him blink like mobs do in Minecraft Earth, as well as show personality in how he moves even with stiff limbs. I don’t care that he’s unique
-Villager has emotion in his game, don’t bring him up
-I’m going to ignore Hero’s very vague personality, as well as Link’s in some games, Ninten’s and (mostly) Ness’s lack of personality in their games, and how they can all be named including Lucas
-Same goes for Dovahkin so he won’t get in either
-I’m going to judge entire fanbases off of 4chan trolls, whom are a small minority
-Let me say all this to legitimate Steve fans”

These people tick me off.

I know they have no say in the matter and are outnumbered by fans anyways, but good gosh.

sorry just needed to let off steam.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How satisfied would you guys be if these were the final two?

74: Terry Bogard
75: Crash Bandicoot
Earlier today the option was Edelgard and Terry. Now it's Crash and Terry. Either is good, though, but they're so close to the perfection that is Edelgard and Crash that it's funny.

Noipoi

Howdy!

It seemed like a step down from all the previous seasons to me at first, and it was so different that I was very hesitant on giving it a watch. But after catching up through several episodes, it's grown on me.
I love how fluid and expressive the animation is

I don’t like the abundance of dumb faces

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Not gonna lie, I really didn't like the art style shift.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I think I might pick up Astral Chain at some point but it hasn't interested me enough to warrant buying it right away

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It just occurred to me now but imagine what a live-action Crash Bandicoot might look like.

Better yet what about live-action Spyro the Dragon.

Worst actually...

Live-action Bubsy the Bobcat.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Did everyone decide to block me? Or am I just not talking about things other people want to talk about?
I definitely blocked ya.

In all seriousness though, I don't have the game yet so I can't comment on it. Maybe I'll pick it up next week when my check hits.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sighs. Maybe if it were Fire Emblem....

The one Nintendo game I’m actually interested in and I’m the only one who put it on a high enough priority to buy it at launch.

Story of my life.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m not even gonna bother trying to discuss SW/SH when it comes out.

Mostly because whenever a new Pokémon game comes out I disconnect myself from the internet to avoid spoilers.

For about a week the only things that exist in my world are me and my Pokémon.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ah, lots of mixed responses, here. I like to see different POVs. Time to pitch in, myself:

I think that if they were going to drastically change the art style, then they should have just rebooted it completely. Ash has run his course and is just uninteresting now.
I concur to an extent. Another reason I lost interest in trying it (at first, anyway) was because of the anime's utter refusal to change the status quo (Ash is still ten years old after more than two decades IRL and countless adventures across every region, and the fact that he is simply fated to lose every major league for some reason).

I loved it as soon as It was shown off
Any particular reason why, if I may ask? In any case it's nice to see a fully positive opinion of it.

I love how fluid and expressive the animation is

I don’t like the abundance of dumb faces
Okay that I fully agree with.

I could definitely go with far less of the exaggerated shocked nightmare faces that were never anywhere near this prominent in any of the anime's prior seasons.

Not gonna lie, I really didn't like the art style shift.
That was pretty much my main issue with it. It looks extremely different from the rest of the seasons that came before it. The art shift was drastic, sudden, and I've never been quite sure why they went for it. Besides the fact that said art, in my opinion anyway, actually manages to make Ash look YOUNGER than in all previous seasons. Add that to the bothersome use of the Status Quo is God trope, and I wasn't too eager to check it out.

But hey, like I said, it's grown on me. If nothing else I think it's done favors for a few of the Pokemon and their designs.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I imagined a Kirby movie featuring Marx acting like Kirby’s friend until the end (may show his true colors in some scenes when no one else is around) and now I want it. I also want an animated EarthBound movie.

Please don’t stop at Mario, Nintendo.

This helped me put Kirby movie ideas into my head:

Also I like Ash, please don’t replace him. Not only is he the long-time main character many know and love, but he’s the reason Team Rocket has show business.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Astral chain is ****ing RAD.

Granted, it might lag out if there's just too much stuff onscreen.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
...Speaking of upcoming Switch games that probably won't garner too much discussion here, who's actually buying Daemon x Machina next month?

D

Deleted member

So.... Astral Chain. Anyone wanna talk about their first impressions?
I don't have the game nor do I have interest in it...

But that soundtrack has me hooked on more of it. Gimme an official release

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Astral chain is ****ing RAD.

Granted, it might lag out if there's just too much stuff onscreen.
I’ve only just finished the first level after the tutorial. It hasn’t really been grabbing me. But maybe it will as the game goes on.
...Speaking of upcoming Switch games that probably won't garner too much discussion here, who's actually buying Daemon x Machina next month?
No I will not. Never really looked that interesting to me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Shake your extremities
Shake your extremities

All your arms and knees
I want em, shake em baby please
Baby shake your eyes for me
Shake your eyes for me
Shake your eyes for me
Shake your eyes for free
Now make some bills, make a fills, make a mill
Quack me up with some yokes