• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y’know speaking of Kazooie, I bet the guys back at Rare envision her with a British accent. Y’know, considering they’re British.

I suppose it makes sense, though I always imagined she had a slight NY accent to go with her rude style.

D

Deleted member

Y’know speaking of Kazooie, I bet the guys back at Rare envision her with a British accent. Y’know, considering they’re British.

I suppose it makes sense, though I always imagined she had a slight NY accent to go with her rude style.
Kazooie would have a really smarmy cockney accent probably
Banjo would just sound like a slightly deeper Karl Pilkington

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd prefer not to say. Every time I post the characters I want, all I get is flak. I'm more of a niche person who wants unorthodox characters, but it in the end it just makes me look like an idiot.
Fair enough. Though honestly, worrying what others will say shouldn't be that much of an issue. Unless you act like an ass-hat to people about it, and said character is from a video game, it's not much to worry about.

Again, I'm hoping for another Mega Man character (specifically another main Mega Man) one of these days because it's one of my favorite series, but it's far from likely in this pass. So who ever you'd like might not be as crazy as you think.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I would like Doom Slayer despite not playing Doom (I don’t really like gore and demon stuff, though at least he’s destroying them); I just think he seems cool.

Rip and tear!!!

Also, choosing a character simply because they’re female doesn’t sound good to me, though there are some female characters I’d like or find cool at least.

Give me Midna dang it.

D

Deleted member

You weren’t particularly rude about it, I don’t really see an issue.
Thank you. Hell, I posted a meme with the same #FightersPassSoMale thing on r/smashBrosUltimate and it immediately got removed. Had I been rude at the time, I would've ******* about it literally everywhere. But it wouldn't sound like me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake, she has her gender as female...
Their profile gender says they identify as a female.

Edit: Broob.
I’m using on mobile. Besides. You still have to actually go to the profile to see this information. Which I did not.

My apologies Miss Velvet
For Tracer to be in Smash, they would have had to plan it alongside the Switch port over a year ago. We currently have little reason otherwise to expect her. She wasn’t on a Nintendo console when the Pass was decided on and Overwatch is very niche in Japan.
Persona 5 still isn’t on Switch. Nore is Banjo-Kazooie. I don’t think it really matters anymore at this point.

And is it niche in Japan? I seam to recall it being a very large esports staple, especially in Asian markets like Korea. And Blizzard loves to drop in references to Chinese and Japanese culture in its skins. Just ask Gaijin Goomba.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That said, I don't get hyped for someone strictly based on sex or race. I gotta like them as a character. Luckily, there's plenty of cool characters of various demographics as it is, so I'd be down for a lot of stuff. I'd probably prefer Lara Croft over Tracer though, since I've played some Tomb Raider games, and grew up with the first movie.

If anything, I'm a bit more of a stickler for genre or aesthetics since I've got certain types of games I like.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I always had her voiced in my head by the girl who plays Webby in the new DuckTales. Banjo had Goofey’s voice. Mumbo Jumbo was Phil LaMart, Tootie was Tara Strong, Gruntilda was Grey DeLisle, and Bottles was Will Wheaton.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There are female characters I want too.
And I already said this; if Adeleine comes to Smash as a playable character after returning to the Kirby series, I will simply ascend to God status. That's still a thing, guys. Never forget.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I’m using on mobile. Besides. You still have to actually go to the profile to see this information. Which I did not.

My apologies Miss Velvet

Persona 5 still isn’t on Switch. Nore is Banjo-Kazooie. I don’t think it really matters anymore at this point.

And is it niche in Japan? I seam to recall it being a very large esports staple, especially in Asian markets like Korea. And Blizzard loves to drop in references to Chinese and Japanese culture in its skins. Just ask Gaijin Goomba.
Maybe on mobile, but no you don't on browser, it's literally hovering over their profile.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I always imagined Banjo’s and Kazooie’s voices to be the ones they have ingame.

I know you can hear Kazooie say “Uh oh!” if you’re just her alone and you’re taking a large fall in Banjo-Tooie.

StormC

Smash Hero

My apologies Miss Velvet

There’s “not being on Switch” and “not being on a Nintendo console period.” Even with Cloud, Sakurai said being on a Nintendo system helped him.

And no, FPS games are virtually nonexistent in Japan. The pro gamer scene in general is tiny. There’s some fan artists who like the characters but the actual game is not very popular.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There’s “not being on Switch” and “not being on a Nintendo console period.” Even with Cloud, Sakurai said being on a Nintendo system helped him.

And no, FPS games are virtually nonexistent in Japan. The pro gamer scene in general is tiny. There’s some fan artists who like the characters but the actual game is not very popular.
Cloud has never been on a Nintendo system unless your going to count his appearances in Kingdom Hearts. I know that part of what made Smash special was that it was a Nintendo crossover, but this is just splitting hairs. FFVII did not get a release on a Nintendo console till long after he appeared.

Besides. It behooves Sakurai to think globally with this series. I believe Banjo, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, and Ridley attest to that. He added Dragon Quest, in part, to spread knowledge of the series to the rest of the world. I understand that the man and his studio are based in Japan, but for a game with a reach like Smash, it’s very small minded to prioritize the wants of one country out of the hundreds that make up who’s audience. And Overwatch very much has a global audience. Even if Japan doesn’t like it.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Cloud has never been on a Nintendo system unless your going to count his appearances in Kingdom Hearts. I know that part of what made Smash special was that it was a Nintendo crossover, but this is just splitting hairs. FFVII did not get a release on a Nintendo console till long after he appeared.
Cloud was in Mario Sports Mix: Hyper Chicken Rush 2

Brush up on your Nintendo lore you absolute plebeian

StormC

Smash Hero
In that post you just quoted, I said Sakurai made a point of Cloud being on Nintendo.

Sakurai: At the same time, I think it’s only natural to prioritize the character who enjoys worldwide popularity. I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though.

Before Smash 4, Cloud appeared in Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In that post you just quoted, I said Sakurai made a point of Cloud being on Nintendo.

Sakurai: At the same time, I think it’s only natural to prioritize the character who enjoys worldwide popularity. I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though.

Before Smash 4, Cloud appeared in Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.
Splitting. Hairs. Spinoffs like that shouldn’t count and don’t. They don’t form the core of the characters identity.

Just expect that Smash has become a celebration of general gaming and move on.

I should go to bed. It’s tomorrow now.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No, Snake and I have a....'history' that's a bit muddied.

It's good if we leave this here since some kinda hurtful **** was said,

Kthx
Look. If I hurt you in the past. I feel genuinely sorry about it. But I can’t feel guilt over something I can’t remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Eh, this is getting quite personal. The kind of stuff I'd leave myself out of.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You called me ****ing transphobic for talking about gender differences in Pokemon and BUGS
Jesus Christ, next topic, please. ó_ò

Edit: Shroob likes this post and I instinctually like his post in curtesy.

:facepalm: Sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom