• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tempted to double dip on it. I bought the DS collection ages ago but barely touched it. This having the ZX games and other QOL changes might tempt me to grab it for Switch, though. Maybe I'll wait for a sale.

If they announce a Battle Network collection, though... day ****ing 1, baby.
I've been ready for a Battle Network Collection.

Of the collections so far, I feel like the Mega Man X ones have the coolest bonus mode, X-Challenge having you go up against multiple bosses is pretty sick. Now the Z/ZX games have a level racing mode. And the Classic Collections had those challenges where you play pieces of different levels back to back.

You think it's possible they'll re-incorporate the Multiplayer into the Battle Network titles if they get a collection?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
...Speaking of upcoming Switch games that probably won't garner too much discussion here, who's actually buying Daemon x Machina next month?
I keep forgetting about that game.

Tbh, both Astral Chain and Daemon seem to both hit that future-post other worldly setting, albeit in different ways. However, Astral Chain is pretty much the only thing in my mind right now.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Worth keeping an eye on. According to users on the Newcomers Thread that this is the same guy that leaked Piranha Plant and also said Isabelle was the next character in this video along with Marx being a boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdYhLFiJIsY

If true.

Ryu Hayabusa might be our next fighter.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not to my knowledge.
i doubt it. But I will be open to being proven wrong. Certain characters trigger a feeling in my gut. These are your Crash Bandicoots, your DoomSlayers, and your Dark Souls Characters. Certain other characters trigger a different feeling. KOS-MOS, Cooking Mama, Tracer and the like. Characters who feel unlikely but still should be watched out for. Ryu Hayabusa triggers neither. Now obviously, my gut is not a valuable source of info. But it gave me E3. And I’m sticking by it until I have reason to doubt it.

D

Deleted member

Isn't anyone going to be disappointed of an all-male Fighter's Pass? It just feels a bit sexist.

StormC

Smash Hero
Finished the Shield, amazing show. Up there with Sopranos and the Wire.

Just started the Boys and I’m quite liking it.

You think it's possible they'll re-incorporate the Multiplayer into the Battle Network titles if they get a collection?
My guess is not.

StormC

Smash Hero
Isn't anyone going to be disappointed of an all-male Fighter's Pass? It just feels a bit sexist.
How do you know it’s going to be all male?

In the event that it happens...yeah, it wouldn’t be ideal, but I already bought the Pass and it wouldn’t keep me from doing so. Not much to do about it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Shake your extremities
Shake your extremities

All your arms and knees
I want em, shake em baby please
Baby shake your eyes for me
Shake your eyes for me
Shake your eyes for me
Shake your eyes for free
Now make some bills, make a fills, make a mill
Quack me up with some yokes
I like girls who know the ropes
I like girls who can cope
With the futuristic sound
Of balloon music...
...I think I made a mistake in encouraging you.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't find it 'sexist' per se.

It's moreso we just 'have' more male characters in video games period.

That's not to say that we're not missing a large handful of important female video game characters:

Laura Croft, Jill Valentine, Mai(This ain't happening lmao), Morrighan, etc

But the exact same can be said we're missing even more dudes like Crash, Spyro, Master Chief, Doomguy....

D

Deleted member

How do you know it’s going to be all male?

In the event that it happens...yeah, it wouldn’t be ideal, but I already bought the Pass and it wouldn’t keep me from doing so. Not much to do about it.
All your "leaks", "rumors" and "speculation" all point to male fighters. There's too much to look about and I can't help but feel sour. I'm taking grains of salt, but I'm just a bit displeased.

I was the one who made the #FightersPassSoMale post on r/smashbros. I'm a feminist, and even if I know that female representation in the DLC is unequal, an all-male Fighters Pass is going to irk some people. Even though Smash 4 DLC didn't have equal female reps (assuming Corrin is primarily male), at the very least we have Bayo. Just one female will do. There's a lot you can choose from. It's so damn easy.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Been watching Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, pretty neat so far and my first introduction to the Dark Crystal universe, planning to watch the movie after I finish the series to see how it all connects. :grin:

Shroob

Sup?
All your "leaks", "rumors" and "speculation" all point to male fighters. There's too much to look about and I can't help but feel sour. I'm taking grains of salt, but I'm just a bit displeased.

I was the one who made the #FightersPassSoMale post on r/smashbros. I'm a feminist, and even if I know that female representation in the DLC is unequal, an all-male Fighters Pass is going to irk some people. Even though Smash 4 DLC didn't have equal female reps (assuming Corrin is primarily male), at the very least we have Bayo. Just one female will do. There's a lot you can choose from. It's so damn easy.
Lady, you weren't here last week when everyone was convinced Tracer was coming due to a single 4chan post, huh?

StormC

Smash Hero

Let’s wait and see the whole Pass before raising torches and pitchforks.

It’s worth critiquing but it’s not personally a dealbreaker.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

That’s one of the 5 reasons I put stock in Tracer. I don’t think that leaker was correct, but at the same time, she feels like a very viable candidate to me. Strange that she was dismissed so quickly.

Lady, you weren't here last week when everyone was convinced Tracer was coming due to a single 4chan post, huh?
You don’t have to be a woman to be a feminist shroob.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I joined like, two days ago. I knew about the Tracer leak, and remained skeptic due to the debates on Twitter. Even though Tracer's in my bucketlist, I'm super, super skeptical. Trust me, I'm not falling for the same Grinch Leak BS again.

Shroob

Sup?
That’s one of the 5 reasons I put stock in Tracer. I don’t think that leaker was correct, but at the same time, she feels like a very viable candidate to me. Strange that she was dismissed so quickly.

You don’t have to be a woman to be a feminist shroob.
Snake, she has her gender as female...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wouldn't quite see it that way. Technically there's Kazooie as it is. But as long as the characters are cool, I don't think people would care too much about the characters' sex.

That said, there's plenty of potential female characters. Jill Valentine, Elma, and KOS-MOS are names that get thrown around here. Not to mention overall icons like Chun-Li and Lara Croft. Or the recently rumored Tracer. Nakaruru from SamSho was also in a couple rumors. Or cult classic characters like Amaterasu. Even in the Mega Man thread I run, I've had a couple people root for Roll or Tron Bonne.

Is there anyone you'd like to have in particular? We all got someone we want to shill for, like Mega Man X or Mega Man EXE or Jin Kazama ect. ect.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Kazooie takes **** from nobody, literally carries Banjo through most of the game, helps save kidnapped little girls and kill mistresses of the dark arts, is an active gold collector, and talks smack like the best of em.

Kazooie’s a feminist icon don’t @ me

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't quite see it that way. Technically there's Kazooie as it is. But as long as the characters are cool, I don't think people would care too much about the characters' sex.

That said, there's plenty of potential female characters. Jill Valentine, Elma, and KOS-MOS are names that get thrown around here. Not to mention overall icons like Chun-Li and Lara Croft. Or the recently rumored Tracer. Nakaruru from SamSho was also in a couple rumors. Or cult classic characters like Amaterasu. Even in the Mega Man thread I run, I've had a couple people root for Roll or Tron Bonne.

Is there anyone you'd like to have in particular? We all got someone we want to shill for, like Mega Man X or Mega Man EXE or Jin Kazama ect. ect.
I'd prefer not to say. Every time I post the characters I want, all I get is flak. I'm more of a niche person who wants unorthodox characters, but it in the end it just makes me look like an idiot.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
This might be off topic but, does anyone know how to do a spoiler? Its not working for me...... =/

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
For Tracer to be in Smash, they would have had to plan it alongside the Switch port over a year ago. We currently have little reason otherwise to expect her. She wasn’t on a Nintendo console when the Pass was decided on and Overwatch is very niche in Japan.

D

Deleted member

Kazooie takes **** from nobody, literally carries Banjo through most of the game, helps save kidnapped little girls and kill mistresses of the dark arts, is an active gold collector, and talks smack like the best of em.

Kazooie’s a feminist icon don’t @ me
Iunno why we're still collectively referring to them as Banjo when Kazooie's the one who does most of the work

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom