• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
In that post you just quoted, I said Sakurai made a point of Cloud being on Nintendo.

Sakurai: At the same time, I think it’s only natural to prioritize the character who enjoys worldwide popularity. I might have had misgivings if Cloud had never appeared on a Nintendo console in any form, though.

Before Smash 4, Cloud appeared in Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.
It kinda sounds like he probably would’ve still added Cloud anyway, though.

However, most of the other big icons (except Master Chief) and some more-niche ones have Nintendo appearances anyway so whatever I guess.

I love the memestreak Nintendo and Pokémon have going on.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey, let's talk about something completely unrelated.

So, we all have our own "never-ever" characters that we'd love but know aren't possible.

Chances are, you've made a moveset for them but haven't had a chance to actually post it anywhere without going too off-topic. Let's see what some of you guys have whipped up for your far-fetched fighters? I've been making a moveset for quite a few chatacters.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

So, we all have our own "never-ever" characters that we'd love but know aren't possible.

Chances are, you've made a moveset for them but haven't had a chance to actually post it anywhere without going too off-topic. Let's see what some of you guys have whipped up for your far-fetched fighters? I've been making a moveset for
Posted this a while ago. Reposting it now because it fits the topic.

Taunts: Taunts seem like a strange thing to cover first, but that is because these two are central to Kratos’s moveset, utility, and gimmick. Kratos is a “stance swap” type character, and these taunts are how he does it. Assuming a standard two-joycon setup, pressing left always equips the Leviathan Ax, and pressing right always equips the Blades of Chaos. Pressing the button again after the weapon is equipped will have him do a small flourish with said weapon (Ax: 3:29 runes, Blades: 5:53, skill tree). Another aspect of the character is his son Atreus. He is always in the back of the stage like the Pokémon Trainer, and he assists his father with shots from his Talon Bow. Kratos’s up taunt has him shout the iconic line “Boy!” and switch the type of arrows Atreus has equipped. More details later. And his down taunt, the only one that is purely cosmetic, has him temporarily glow with Spartan Rage and menacingly say “You will not see the end of this day”, the classic line from God of War III, only with the new mannerisms and tone of the Norse era Kratos. In online mode, where taunts are disabled, the taunt animations and lines will not play, but you will still be able to use these buttons to switch weapons and arrow types.

His attacks pull from a mix of the runic attacks and skill tree upgrades found in the game, along with one… well, we’ll get to that when we get to that. Each one has a version for the ax and a version for the blades where applicable.

Neutral Special: Kratos shouts “Now Boy!” and Atreus fires and arrow at the opponent physically closest to Kratos, regardless of the direction he’s facing. Atreus has two types of arrow, Light and Shock. Light arrows cause a small amount of stun, shock arrows cause a small amount of shock and can jump from opponent to opponent. Holding down the button allows you to select a target for Atreus, but you are defenseless while doing so.
Side Special: For the Ax, the side special is Tyr's Revenge (0:38, runes), the ax can be recalled to your hand by pressing the side special button again. For the Blades, it is Hyperion Grapple (7:52, runes)
Down Special: Kratos uses Countering Crush with his shield (3:07, skill tree), to parry incoming attacks. Simply holding out the shield will block projectiles and week attacks but opening it at the last possible second will counter the attack as shown in the video.
Up Special: Winds of Helheim, Kratos uses the Winds of Helheim to boost himself higher in the stage. While the Winds are a featured ability in the game, this use of them is completely made up for Smash because this is really the only thing that remotely resembles a recovery.

Jab Combo: His jab and jab combo is the standard light, light, light, heavy combo found in the skill tree. Pride of the Frost for the Ax (1:07, Skill Tree), and Plume of Chaos for the Blades (4:04, skill tree).
Dash Attack: Leviathan’s Fury (1:28, Skill Tree) and Chaos Slam (4:21, Skill Tree)

Forward Tilt: Mists of Helheim (2:38, runes) and Nemean Crush (5:08, runes), only without the charge time
Up Tilt: Hel's Touch (1:54, runes) and Rising Fury (4:12, Skill Tree)
Down Tilt: Frost Giant's Frenzy (3:10, runes) and Wrath of Artemis (6:02, runes)

Forward Smash: Thiazi's Talon (2:04, runes) and Hyperion Slam (7:15, runes)
Down Smash: Ivaldi's Anvil (2:24, runes) and Prometheus Flame (7:03, runes)
Up Smash: Breath of Thamur (4:04, runes) and Meteoric Slam (7:34). The after-effects of each attack do not last as long and are not as wide-reaching as in God of War though.

Forward Air: Njörd's Tempest (0:10, runes) and Cyclone of Chaos (4:50, runes)
Up Air: an aerial Hel's Touch (1:54, runes) and Blast of Hephaestus (6:12, runes)
Down Air: The Sheild slam finisher from these two attacks, Charge of the White Bear (1:08, runes) and Spartan Charge (6:24, runes). Will have an ice effect with the ax equipped and a fire effect with the blades equipped.
Back Air: Strike of the Utgard (1:40, runes) and Icarus Storm (5:51, runes), only backwards.

Grab: Kratos grabs the opponent and pummels them with his fists, finishing with a shield bash.
Throws: Forward (1:04, grabs), Up (0:37, grabs), Back (1:16, grabs), and Down (0:51, grabs).

Final Smash: A Mirror of Fate appears and sucks in nearby opponents. They land on the final boss arena from God of War II and are attacked relentlessly by an enraged classic Kratos.

Unique Attribute: Kratos also has an attribute similar to Joker’s Persona based on Spartan rage. The only difference being you trigger it rather than it being automatic, so it can be saves (Down Special wen Rage meter is full) and it merely powers up your moves, rather than significantly altering them.

Intro Animation: Kratos and Atreus climb up over the back edge of the stage. If played on a stage with water in the background (like Great Bay or Pirate Ship) they will instead sail up in their boat). Or they could just exit out of a Bifrost door.

Victory Music: A snippet from this song. https://youtu.be/IzLatdMe72w
Victory Animations: Kratos swings his weapon repeatedly before Atreus runs out in front and shouts at the sky. Atreus leaps onto Kratos’s back and he runs away, saying “the battle is not yet over”. And finally, Kratos and Atreus wrestle like a father and son do.

Colors: Simply the many alternate armor sets from the game. I don’t really care which. And Atreus’s armor changes to match. One alt skin should be his classic spartan armor, along with a spartan Atreus based off of Kid Kratos’s clothes from Ghost of Sparta, and a God of War III “Fear Kratos” alt skin, also with a matching Atreus.

Stage: Tyr’s Temple on the Lake of Nine. The World Serpent can be seen in the background, and occasionally the stage will rotate to a different tower on the lake and a few enemies from the respective realm will enter on stage, matching the Gauntlet of Realms. If a troll spawns, it functions as a stage boss. The other smaller enemies can be dispelled with one simple Smash Attack.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Chances are, you've made a moveset for them but haven't had a chance to actually post it anywhere without going too off-topic. Let's see what some of you guys have whipped up for your far-fetched fighters? I've been making a moveset for
FRISK IS DETERMINED TO WIN!

The human who falls into the Underground, and the protagonist of Undertale!

Frisk is not the best at fighting. Sure they’ve got a stick, but they’re not particularly strong or fast or agile. But it’s okay! Because Frisk has the power...

...OF FRIENDSHIP!

The neutral attacks are very basic.

Neutral A- a quick swipe of the stick.
Side tilt- Frisk runs and trips over, the clumsy goober.
Up tilt- an upwards swipe of the stick
Down tilt- crouches down and jabs the stick

Aerials

Neutral air- spazzes out in mid-air. Flailing their limbs wildly. Not very strong, but powerful knockback.
Side air- Poses with their leg striking outward
Back air- Poses with their leg striking backwards
Up air- Poses with their arm striking upwards
Down air- Poses with their arm striking downwards

The grab attacks

Pummel- jabs the opponents stomach with the tough glove
Forward throw- kicks opponents away with the ballet shoes
Back throw- Wacks them away with the frying pan
Up throw- shoots them upwards with the empty gun

The Smash attacks

Forward Smash- A powerful swipe of the real knife
Up smash- a powerful upwards swing of the real knife
Down smash- does a little breakdance spin, ending with a pose.

The specials!

Frisk’s friends won’t let them fight alone!

Neutral Special- Toriel
Toriel will appear and, always ready to protect her child, will shoot fire balls from her palms at any would be attackers. Five small blasts can be shot in rapid succession. Can be charged for one big blast, though that leaves you vulnerable...

Side Special- Undyne
Undyne will appear and charge forward with Frisk, brandishing her signature spear and a wide smile, stopping for nothing and no one! While charging, you have super armor. It’s very strong but once your done you & Undyne will need to cool down, leaving you vulnerable for a bit...

Up Special- Alphys
Alphys will appear and turn your cell phone into a jet pack, allowing you to fly up safely. You have very good recovery and maneuverability, and it lasts for a while. But be sure to get back quick, because while you’re flying Alphys will be operating the cell-pack. Not watching her back, vulnerable...

Down Special- Papyrus
Papyrus will appear with a “NYEH-HEH-HEH!” and proudly pose with the human. However, if one attempts to attack while you and Papyrus pose, they’ll be met will a wall of bones! Yes, this is a counter. But it’s got a twist. Anyone hit with the bones with become blue, making them incredible slow, giving them only one jump, and said jump is very small. This is of course in reference to Papyrus’ fabled blue attack. However, the wall of bones can only be summoned once every couple seconds. If you try to use it again too soon, you and Papyrus will be vulnerable...

I keep using that word, vulnerable. Why?

That’s because Frisk’s friends can die

The special moves are very helpful and perhaps a little overpowered. But if you use them too much, other fighters can attack your friends! If they take too much damage...they’ll turn into dust. Leaving you without a special move for a stock. So be careful with your friends!

Taunts

Up taunt- A save point appears, and Frisk gawks at it before it disappears.
Side taunt- Sans will teleport in and use his trombone to plague your life with incidental music.
Down taunt- an annoying dog will appear, and Frisk will play with it.

Victory animations

1- Frisk will be staring off into the distance while Flowey watches them. Flowey then ducks underground as the human quickly turns around, then looks back confused.
2- Frisk will preform several elaborate poses with Mettaton EX.
3-All of Frisk’s friends will smother them in a group hug!

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

Despite him being my most wanted, I've only come up with specials for Maxwell.

Standard Special: Colossal Firey Spiky Electric Indestructible Zanbato (Swings a huge, firey, electrical sword and deals 22%.)
Side Special: Cat-Shooting Rock (Fires a cat from a rock, dealing 9% damage.)
Up Special: Winged Bathtub (Flies up fast in his winged bathtub, also ramming with it and causing 4%.)
Down Special: Forcefield (Gets into a forcefield that reflects, while also pushing away opponents and items.)
Final Smash: Nuke (Creates a nuke that explodes in a massive explosion. 40%.)

My idea for normals was that he'd have three different options for each normal, and a random one would be chosen each time he input the normal. So basically :ulthero: levels of RNG.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
By the way... it's funny to me that you chose Alolan Vulpix as a choice for happiness here. ;3
Solid avatar choice.

And yeah, ever since I really got into the S/M anime adaptation, I've seen the Alolan Vulpix as the most adorable thing and a precious cinnamon roll. No one can change my mind about that.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I could link to that Geo Stelar /Star Force Mega Man moveset I made.

EDIT: Here's the moveset I came up with for anyone else who wants to see it.

:ultmegaman:https://smashboards.com/threads/sup...ga-man-character-thread.482471/#post-23349615 :ultmegaman:

I should probably do one for Jin Kazama or something at a later time.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Simba should be super malnourished after eating nothings but insects for years, yet he looks just fine.

What kinda super bugs was Simba eating?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Simba should be super malnourished after eating nothings but insects for years, yet he looks just fine.

What kinda super bugs was Simba eating?
What they don't show is him eating birds behind Timon and Puumba's backs when they sleep at night.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If you correctly predict who wins the league you can be entered in a lottery to win a trip to Hawaii which is pretty neat

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Be careful what you wish for, Idon.

Grunkle Stan steals the show!

Up Special - Smoke Bomb

A teleport recovery with a 10% chance of failing due to an expired smoke bomb, putting him into special fall without helping him recover.
This move also bars Stan from competitive play due to RNG.

Side Special - Pterodactyl Punch

A command grab similar to Monkey Flip where Stan leaps forward in the air towards the opponent. If they move connects he starts punching them in the face until the mash out.

Neutral Special - Burning Watch

A projectile attack where Stan reflects sunlight off of his watch to burn his enemies. Does double damage to children.

Down Special - Stan Bucks

Stan bribes gifts his opponent with Stan Bucks. Just like Stan Bucks themselves, this move is good for absolutely nothing.
Why did I type that all out?

Noipoi

Howdy!

Up Special - Smoke Bomb

A teleport recovery with a 10% chance of failing due to an expired smoke bomb, putting him into special fall without helping him recover.

A command grab similar to Monkey Flip where Stan leaps forward in the air towards the opponent. If they move connects he starts punching them in the face until the mash out.

A projectile attack where Stan reflects sunlight off of his watch to burn his enemies. Does double damage to children.

Stan bribes gifts his opponent with Stan Bucks. Just like Stan Bucks themselves, this move is good for absolutely nothing.
Ah, a man of culture.

StormC

Smash Hero
https://youtu.be/TKe4M3VuN6o

TL;DW: Youtuber who predicted Isabelle, Incineroar, Ken, Piranha Plant, and Marx as a boss is saying Ryu Hayabusa is the next character. Revised Google Theory lives on
I was just about to post that lol.

I don't think it necessarily gives google theory any backing (what happens to Artorias?), Hayabusa is a pretty logical pick based on the series' NES history and Koei-Tecmo's relationship with Nintendo. I've been predicting him for weeks.

I'm not sure if this is reliable, of course, but it's something to talk about.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
It's just a theory. Don't latch on to it or your hopes will get spilled like the Grinch leak.
Nah, I've got no stakes in this game. Don't really care who gets in so long as they're fun to play.

I was just about to post that lol.

I don't think it necessarily gives google theory any backing (what happens to Artorias)
So there was a revision to Google Theory post E3. The gist of it was that Hero didn't show up because no one tested for that name, and Artorias was a false positive since he's the name in the Dark Souls DLC expansion.

It's not something that I would take too seriously still, but it would be worth coming back to if Hayabusa gets in

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Up Special - Smoke Bomb

I have only one question:

What's his Final Smash?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I have only one question:

What's his Final Smash?
Oh shoot I forgot to make one.
Portal Shove

Stan accidentally shoves his opponent into a portal, removing them from the game for roughly 30 years.

Oops.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope that IF Hayabusa is really playable, his trailer gets to re-enact the intro cutscene of NES Ninja Gaiden. They could easily use either Sheik or Greninja in place of Ryu's usual opponent.

Given how much care went into trailers like Mega Man's and the Belmont's and Ryu's despite not being CGI, I can only hope the trend continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom