• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Wasn't Google Leak pretty fake given how anybody could have made it with the right money?
google leak was fake but the roster it used was based off an earlier 4chan 'prediction', minus erdrick who they swapped out for artorias

if ryu is next, then that leak got 3/4 correct and has a very decent chance of also being right with doomguy

D

Deleted member

google leak was fake but the roster it used was based off an earlier 4chan 'prediction', minus erdrick who they swapped out for artorias

if ryu is next, then that leak got 3/4 correct and has a very decent chance of also being right with doomguy
Man. That 5 chan leak is looking to be some Gematsu level ****. How can something be so wrong and then be so right?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If anything, this just makes me lament over this DLC pack.

No wonder Joker was our Last Surprise.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
ryu hayabasa is pretty cool, don't mean to flex but I've been predicting him for awhile now

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ryu Hayabusa makes a ton of sense, especially after Simon. Ninja Gaiden is one of the few big NES series left, alongside Contra, without a character.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
No offense to anyone who loved the leaks- I didn't see the Smash 4 leaks unill about in the 2016 or so, so this could just be my experience- but, is it just me, or am I the only person who actually dislikes leakers?

I mean, I was fine with the leakers. Even I did doubt Vergeben, but at the same time I didn't have a flak or hate for him since I liked to keep the expectation low for Smash Ultimate. Honestly, I thought that Grinch leak was faked; y'know, too real to be true. Why would there be suddenly 6 characters for surprise, especially fan-asked? And I was right, it was fake.

But... now? I don't know why or how, but when I see that a leaker has predicted something right, I get really angry and I'm starting to dislike threads related to leakers- so much so that I want to lash out at them. How do THEY predict things correctly? I thought Nintendo has reinforced the defenses? So how are things being predicted?! Hell, there was someone who predicted certain games in August Nintendo Indies.

Sory if it seems like hate post, I guess I want to rant at something. I'm just a little angry at the Pokemon leaks like Dynamax, being completely correct. But at least this time I'm a little more prepared for a likely final evolution leak as well...

Anyways, another leaker did say that the fourth DLC character was supposed to confuse and disappoint peoples, so that's a possible but if I'm not wrong he said it was a female character. That's something to at least look out for.

D

Deleted member

Ryu Hayabusa makes a ton of sense, especially after Simon. Ninja Gaiden is one of the few big NES series left, alongside Contra, without a character.
Pretty much. What other NES era classic are we missing? Ghost n Goblins? The Ninja Turtles?

D

Deleted member

No offense to anyone who loved the leaks- I didn't see the Smash 4 leaks unill about in the 2016 or so, so this could just be my experience- but, is it just me, or am I the only person who actually dislikes leakers?

I mean, I was fine with the leakers. Even I did doubt Vergeben, but at the same time I didn't have a flak or hate for him since I liked to keep the expectation low for Smash Ultimate. Honestly, I thought that Grinch leak was faked; y'know, too real to be true. Why would there be suddenly 6 characters for surprise, especially fan-asked? And I was right, it was fake.

But... now? I don't know why or how, but when I see that a leaker has predicted something right, I get really angry and I'm starting to dislike threads related to leakers- so much so that I want to lash out at them. How do THEY predict things correctly? I thought Nintendo has reinforced the defenses? So how are things being predicted?! Hell, there was someone who predicted certain games in August Nintendo Indies.

Sory if it seems like hate post, I guess I want to rant at something. I'm just a little angry at the Pokemon leaks like Dynamax, being completely correct. But at least this time I'm a little more prepared for a likely final evolution leak as well...

Anyways, another leaker did say that the fourth DLC character was supposed to confuse and disappoint peoples, so that's a possible but if I'm not wrong he said it was a female character. That's something to at least look out for.
I'm tired of saying the same stuff over and over again.

If a writer is reading this forum, he/she should make an editorial that asks the people their stance about leaks.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Supposedly the shifty guy said Plant spat out fire before his reveal. That seems dubious as there is no way the purple poison can be misconstrued as fire.

Isabelle is also not that big of a call due to Vergeben hinting at her prior.

The only thing is getting Plant right before the reveal, which the NoA tester did without anyone noticing a good month before in better detail.

Still think the Hayabusa hint has merit, but there are a few holes I am noticing.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Supposedly the shifty guy said Plant spat out fire before his reveal. That seems dubious as there is no way the purple poison can be misconstrued as fire.
iirc 'spits fire' was also noted by the NoA tester - it might be in reference to the back air

edit: disregard, noatesty said completely the opposite

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Isabelle is also not that big of a call due to Vergeben hinting at her prior.

The only thing is getting Plant right before the reveal, which the NoA tester did without anyone noticing a good month before in better detail.

Still think the Hayabusa hint has merit, but there are a few holes I am noticing.
I mean, he could be referring to Plant’s back airiel.

Edit: :ultgreninja:‘d

Last edited:

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
I didn't see anyone respond to this. There should be a drop down menu on the post editor (next to the emote/post link and image buttons) that has "Spoiler" under it.

Alternatively you can manually type out the following:

Code:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Post text^ here
Hope this helps. :213:
Code:
[It does =)!][/spoiler]

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Cloud has never been on a Nintendo system unless your going to count his appearances in Kingdom Hearts. I know that part of what made Smash special was that it was a Nintendo crossover, but this is just splitting hairs. FFVII did not get a release on a Nintendo console till long after he appeared.

Besides. It behooves Sakurai to think globally with this series. I believe Banjo, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, and Ridley attest to that. He added Dragon Quest, in part, to spread knowledge of the series to the rest of the world. I understand that the man and his studio are based in Japan, but for a game with a reach like Smash, it’s very small minded to prioritize the wants of one country out of the hundreds that make up who’s audience. And Overwatch very much has a global audience. Even if Japan doesn’t like it.
I find Sakurai's actions to be ignorant most of the time.

I could forgive him regarding Fire Emblem on Melee, mostly because it's Intelligent System's Fault for not releasing the SNES Titles outside of Japan, " Because Americans are ignorant," despite the fact that (A. Koei didn't think so when releasing Nobunaga's Ambition, And (B. Americans(or Europeans) created the TRPG!

But anyway, Dragon Quest was known and recognized in the West(as Dragon Warrior) and no one care for or even liked it. Why bother with an RPG many considered inferior to Final Fantasy, Wizardry, Ultima, Warcraft, & others?

Cloud was chosen because he is considered the most recognized face of Final Fantasy, which, while true, is a double-edge sword.

I still think he could still have gotten the "Final Fantasy" feel with games 1-6. Why not the job classes, or the Chocobo?

I know Ryu & Ken were to made accurate to Street Fighter, but did we really need the stiff jumps?

Simon Belmont cannot whip down in the air.

And more to come.

I'll also say this. Nintendo fans are Smash fans, but not all Smash fans are Nintendo fans.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Supposedly the shifty guy said Plant spat out fire before his reveal. That seems dubious as there is no way the purple poison can be misconstrued
Shifty must have been referring to Plant's hot new single.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I find Sakurai's actions to be ignorant most of the time.

I could forgive him regarding Fire Emblem on Melee, mostly because it's Intelligent System's Fault for not releasing the SNES Titles outside of Japan, " Because Americans are ignorant," despite the fact that (A. Koei didn't think so when releasing Nobunaga's Ambition, And (B. Americans(or Europeans) created the TRPG!
That's...not why they weren't localized. Localization costs a lot of money and the genre was incredibly niche at the time. Add in the fact that Mystery of the Emblem had two games worth of text in one, Genealogy of the Holy War came out the same year as the Nintendo 64, and Thracia 776 came out several years AFTER the Nintendo 64, and it's easy to see why they weren't considering localization.

D

Deleted member

That's...not why they weren't localized. Localization costs a lot of money and the genre was incredibly niche at the time. Add in the fact that Mystery of the Emblem had two games worth of text in one, Genealogy of the Holy War came out the same year as the Nintendo 64, and Thracia 776 came out several years AFTER the Nintendo 64, and it's easy to see why they weren't considering localization.
To add onto this, the only reasons why FE was even localized was because Advance Wars took off in America and was a similar genre to FE, and the fact that Melee exposed many westerners to Marth and Roy--especially Roy who's father would be the main character for the next FE game.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
That's... not what I heard.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I always thought Piranha Plant was leaked by the random 4chan poster. I’ve literally never heard of this guy posting on YouTube now.

I can’t say I’d be excited for Ryu Hayabusa, as I’ve never played a Ninja Gaiden game and don’t know much about him. But if his moveset ends up being pretty cool, I wouldn’t complain really. It’s not like he doesn’t make any sense or something.

There are characters I want more, but I wouldn’t be against it. I’m not entirely convinced, but who knows?
—-
Also, I don’t think this “leak” should be considered as validating any other “leak” with Ryu Hayabusa in it. This information is entirely independent of anything else. It’ll be interesting to see what other leaders say in response.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I heard there were plans to localize Genealogy but Nintendo canned it because of the unavoidable incest stuff. Though to be fair it's only a rumour that it was planned

D

Deleted member

Also I'm pretty indifferent to how characters act in Smash versus how they do in their own games. It's like any fighting game. Look at UMvC3. Practically, every Capcom character except maybe Street Fighter lacks the playstyle they have in their own game. They have a **** load of references to their own series, but you wont convince me that Phoenix Wright is an accurate representation of what he does in Ace Attorney. That's good, because a character needs to fit within the fighting universe you constructed for it, or else it just leads to severe balance issues that a character structurally cannot recover from. Otherwise, we wouldn't get an insane crossover where Strider Hiryu just cuts the **** out of Dr. Doom. Same with Smash. No way we'd get Pacman without extreme liberties.

D

Deleted member

I heard there were plans to localize Genealogy but Nintendo canned it because of the unavoidable incest stuff. Though to be fair it's only a rumour that it was planned
TFW Fire Emblem Fates was all an elaborate test to see how incest would blow over in the west before beginning a Genealogy remake. ****ing genius, Nintendo

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Also I'm pretty indifferent to how characters act in Smash versus how they do in their own games. It's like any fighting game. Look at UMvC3. Practically, every Capcom character except maybe Ryu lacks the playstyle they have in their own game. They have a **** load of references to their own series, but you wont convince me that Phoenix Wright is an accurate representation of what he does in Ace Attorney. A character needs to fit within the fighting universe you constructed for it, or else it just leads to severe balance issues that a character structurally cannot recover from.
Which is why I hate the idea of Isabelle playable in Super Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch, even if she is a clone.

I have been saying this over and over again. If you want a character playable in a fighting environment, think about how would they work. What would they do?

D

Deleted member

Which is why I hate the idea of Isabelle playable in Super Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch, even if she is a clone.

I have been saying this over and over again. If you want a character playable in a fighting environment, think about how would they work. What would they do?
Is your issue with Isabelle how she's a cartoon anthropomorphic dog from Animal Crossing who doesn't fit into a fighting environment? Even though Smash Bros is nothing more but a dumb crossover originally intended to be casually enjoyed?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Isabelle isn't the only character that had creative liberties with a moveset (ironically, she's more accurate to the games than Villager is).

I mean, Falcon exists, and 99% of his moveset is made up. And on the other end, 100% of Mr. Game and Watch's moveset is from his games (he's the only character with this distinction, not even Mega Man has that), and yet, he was just a faceless guy from a handful of G&W games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom