• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Hold up you're whining that the Shotos are too accurate in terms of design in the same post about "why Cloud not JRPG enough why Belmont not whip straight down?"?
Where did that come from? I was against Cloud because here was best know for PlayStation and not Nintendo. 1-6 debuted on Nintendo systems. FF7 was made for PlayStation because Squaresoft was livid at Nintendo for sticking with cartridges, which didn't hold enough data for what Square wanted.

Also, whipping down was something Simon coyld do in Super Castlevania IV and Chronicles. If would have been a good way to differentiate him from Richter.

Shut the **** up, please.
Make me.

D

Deleted member

Isabelle isn't the only character that had creative liberties with a moveset (ironically, she's more accurate to the games than Villager is).

I mean, Falcon exists, and 99% of his moveset is made up. And on the other end, 100% of Mr. Game and Watch's moveset is from his games (he's the only character with this distinction, not even Mega Man has that), and yet, he was just a faceless guy from a handful of G&W games.
Shoutouts to Marth for having an entire moveset based off of one generic attack in his own game.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm not gonna get any further involved with this. I'm sorry for lashing out.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Shut the **** up, please.
Both of you need to calm down. There's no reason to get mad at someone because they don't want a character in Smash that you wanted, but at the same time, responding to it with "make me" or some other needlessly aggressive comment is just going to make the situation worse.

D

Deleted member

Which is why I hate the idea of Isabelle playable in Super Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch, even if she is a clone.

I have been saying this over and over again. If you want a character playable in a fighting environment, think about how would they work. What would they do?
This post makes me feel like I was transported back to last year when people thought Isabelle wouldn't happen unless she were an Echo.

Fun times...

D

Deleted member

You know you're lyin' if you say you don't want some real Leonardo action in Smash smh.
Sorry but I'm gonna have to say I'm inherently against the idea of non-video game characters in Smash unless they stick true to their video game counterparts (E.G. Mike Tyson. In fact, I only really want Mike Tyson.)

D

Deleted member

This post makes me feel like I was transported back to last year when people thought Isabelle wouldn't happen unless she were an Echo.

Fun times...
Who needs a new moveset when you can play as a pupper?

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Isabelle isn't the only character that had creative liberties with a moveset (ironically, she's more accurate to the games than Villager is).

I mean, Falcon exists, and 99% of his moveset is made up. And on the other end, 100% of Mr. Game and Watch's moveset is from his games (he's the only character with this distinction, not even Mega Man has that), and yet, he was just a faceless guy from a handful of G&W games.
Well, from what I've heard, Captain Falcon's moveset is a remnant of what was know of Dragon King: The Fight Game, and, supposedly" C.F. had the closest body anatomy for that moveset. I guess Sakurai didn't want that work to go to waste.

I have always thought that Mr. Game & Watch was based on the individual from "Ball."

I guess I should also say this. Should the characters look like they're ready for a fight?

As least, Kirby and Peach went on adventures and did something. Isabelle was what? Some secretary?

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Sorry but I'm gonna have to say I'm inherently against the idea of non-video game characters in Smash unless they stick true to their video game counterparts (E.G. Mike Tyson. In fact, I only really want Mike Tyson.)
Gotcha. I was only kidding, knowing Leo was an unrealistic character, but him and Mike Tyson would be dope though.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Both of you need to calm down. There's no reason to get mad at someone because they don't want a character in Smash that you wanted, but at the same time, responding to it with "make me" or some other needlessly aggressive comment is just going to make the situation worse.
I apologize. I just wasn't going to take that.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay, just unlocked :ultridley:. Now I can use a Super Mushroom and complain that he's too big!

Pretty cool, though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well, from what I've heard, Captain Falcon's moveset is a remnant of what was know of Dragon King: The Fight Game, and, supposedly" C.F. had the closest body anatomy for that moveset. I guess Sakurai didn't want that work to go to waste.

I have always thought that Mr. Game & Watch was based on the individual from "Ball."

I guess I should also say this. Should the characters look like they're ready for a fight?

As least, Kirby and Peach went on adventures and did something. Isabelle was what? Some secretary?
On your first point, your right, but Falcon still never did anything but drive in his game. As for your second, he's based of the model that appeared in games such as Fire and Helmet, but all of his moves were lifted from other games (that did not use that model) alongside those two. Otherwise, he would have a severly limited moveset.

As for your 3rd point, a lot of characters can be summarized the same way. Duck Hunt for example, just caught ducks or laughed at you. There's a reason on why people consider him to be more of an NES Zapper rep than a Duck Hunt rep.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At that point, you just take the fun out of a crossover. The entire point is you get characters who are out of their element.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And they can do it because it's a video game that's not really meant to be taken seriously. Never has Smash Bros ever cared about why these characters are fighting each other, and there's no reason why it should start now.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Smash Bros. is more of a celebration of video games than a fighting game, in a sense. You really don’t need to be a fighter to be in Smash Bros.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Smash Bros. is more of a celebration of video games than a fighting game, in a sense. You really don’t need to be a fighter to be in Smash Bros.
You're going to get a reply that goes something like "I consider it a fighting game, so that's what it is. Casual characters don't belong in my fighting game."

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Morning guys, what's been happening lately? I've read up on the previous pages discussing someone commenting on the Fighter Pass being all males. Like, can we not bring in gender equality when it comes to newcomer speculation (especially since the casual audience probably don't care for that stuff)?, the idea of choosing a female character solely for their gender doesn't sit right with me.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Morning guys, what's been happening lately? I've read up on the previous pages discussing someone commenting on the Fighter Pass being all males. Like, can we not bring in gender equality when it comes to newcomer speculation (especially since the casual audience probably don't care for that stuff)?, the idea of choosing a female character solely for their gender doesn't sit right with me.
I think people are just upset because there are a lot of interesting female characters that could be added, but it seems like they're all being ignored.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Just took a look at what you were referring too, and... yikes. I’m kinda glad I was asleep. Kazooie is female, simple as that. I did bring this up to the user this morning, but apparently Kazooie is “only 0.05 percent of the character.” I don’t exactly see where they’re coming from, but ok...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Morning guys, what's been happening lately. I've read up on the previous pages discussing someone commenting on the Fighter Pass being all males. Like, can we not bring in gender equality when it comes to newcomer speculation (especially since the casual audience probably don't care for that stuff)?, the idea of choosing a female character solely for their gender doesn't sit right with me.
Having some variety in the DLC cast couldn't hurt. There are plenty of examples that seem really easy to justify - off the top of my head, there's...

-Elma (given how much Xenoblade has expanded since Smash 4, and since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came out too late for Rex to make it in as DLC)

-Edelgard (not that we need another Fire Emblem character, but at least she'd be visibly different from the others and have a different fighting style)

-Lara Croft (one of the few remaining characters that I can think of that has massive appeal even outside of video games, to the extent of getting multiple movies)

...and there are dozens of others. This isn't meant to be a comprehensive list.

While I don't think that a female character should be added purely to include a female character, it would be nice to have some degree of diversity among the DLC line-up. That was my problem with pre-Smash 4 speculation when it came to third party characters; a lot of people felt like Smash should only have cartoony mascot characters for its third party roster, and that characters like Snake "didn't belong" in Smash, which rubbed me the wrong way. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

If we don't get one, it's not the end of the world, but it couldn't hurt to consider the idea.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Just took a look at what you were referring too, and... yikes. I’m kinda glad I was asleep. Kazooie is female, simple as that. I did bring this up to the user this morning, but apparently Kazooie is “only 0.05 percent of the character.” I don’t exactly see where they’re coming from, but ok...
it's pretty fair tbh, kazooie is female but banjo is the character you control more or less, even if kazooie is attacking

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
He knew the characters but BS'd the info to mess with people. If Ryu is announced next there's no doubt in my mind that Doomguy is next.
if thats the case, I can save money because Im already skipping Banjo and skipping those two will just leave more money for Animal Crossing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

it's pretty fair tbh, kazooie is female but banjo is the character you control more or less, even if kazooie is attacking
Pretty much. To a Banjo fan, Kazooie is pretty much the main character--especially to a speedrunner. To a non-Banjo fan, Banjo is pretty much the face while Kazooie is the weapon.

Though funnily enough, I spent all of Banjo's reveal watching Kazooie because I think she's ****ing rad as Hell.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Pretty much. To a Banjo fan, Kazooie is pretty much the main character--especially to a speedrunner. To a non-Banjo fan, Banjo is pretty much the face while Kazooie is the weapon.

Though funnily enough, I spent all of Banjo's reveal watching Kazooie because I think she's ****ing rad as Hell.
Kazooie is definitely the personality of the duo and I'd say she's one of my favourite gaming characters of all time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom