• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I can confirm that this dude had legitimate information for the base game.

I dunno about dlc, but he knew stuff others didnt.

If one of his sources is telling him Ryu, then I'm 90% pressed to believe him tbh.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can't believe Geno was literally killed by a ninja.
What was Geno’s link to that leak in the first place?

Plus that leak was meant for that one social group where it was posted. Let’s not forget the context. They would only be told by the person who did it if it was something they were a fan of. The key question is, does that group like Ninja Gaiden.

D

Deleted member

Plus that leak was meant for that one social group where it was posted. Let’s not forget the context. They would only be told by the person who did it if it was something they were a fan of. The key question is, does that group like Ninja Gaiden.
The popular fan speculation was that the bird was a Starling and that Geno is a star spirit. It's credibility is... lacking.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay, but really though, why the sudden talk about Ryu Hayabusa? I'm so confused.
Here ya go.

papagenos video a few pages back explains it

tl;dw = leaker with a fairly solid track record (called isabelle, ken/incineroar/piranha plant (yes even piranha plant), and marx as a boss) has heard from multiple sources that hayabusa is next

as a hero/banjo/ryu roster lines up with the old 4chan leak, people are wondering if this also means doomguy as fighter 5 (presumably at TGA as a little tie-in to doom eternal)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Apparently Sabi and Veregeben don't believe it, for what it's worth.

Noipoi

Howdy!

The bird was a starling.

Star-ling. Geno’s a star spirit.

Yes it’s a stretch.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what’s with all the talk about Ryu Hayabusa lately? Is it really just one of those old text leaks saying Erdrick, Banjo, Ryu, and Doomguy?

Banjo really wasn’t a super hard guess when you consider the emphasis on fan demand, and with Joker and “Brave” known, the emphasis on new third party characters.

I’d honestly discredit those leaks because they say Erdrick (the most popular name fans used to refer to Brave) instead of the actual name Hero. He didn’t even say Luminary or Eleven which is the default Hero.

Plus, we apparently have Doomguy coming to Mortal Kombat due to some leak or datamine(?). Idk if either Nintendo or Netherealm would like having Doomguy in both. Doomguy is the biggest gaming crossover ever could overshadow MK11’s Doomguy reveal, and Netherealm wouldn’t like that. Conversely, the toned down Doomguy in Smasg would be compared to the brutal, absolutely true to source material Doomguy in MK11, and idk if Nintendo would like that.
This info on Hayabusa is from this YouTuber who leaked Piranha Plant as well as Isabelle and Marx being a boss. Worth keeping an eye on.

Plus with an direct supposedly coming out next week makes it more believable to not be a coincidence perhaps.

If Google Theory is to be right then Doom Slayer will be the fifth and final character possilibity to tie into Doom Eternal which should be revealed around the time of the 5th DLC fighter's reveal. or close to it at least (Video Game Awards).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For what its worth though VergeBen was spot on with Base but otherwise not so much with DLC as for example he said a Square rep would be revealed at the VGA last year. Look who that turned out to be.

:ultjoker:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For what its worth though VergeBen was spot on with Base but otherwise not so much with DLC as for example he said a Square rep would be revealed at the VGA last year. Look who that turned out to be.

Dude, I know you got the raging hate against Verge, but... :ulthero:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

I'm pretty sure he just knew there was a Square Enix character (which there is) and he assumed, since that was the only info he had, that it was the first character in the pass.

Now we just have to wait and see what the Plant says.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What about VRPlant? If he too denies Ryu Hayabusa, then that’s that

Shroob

Sup?
I'm pretty sure he just knew there was a Square Enix character (which there is) and he assumed, since that was the only info he had, that it was the first character in the pass.

Now we just have to wait and see what the Plant says.
Oh right.

Day of the Direct announcement the Plant will stir and reveal all.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Source? Is it more of a "I don't believe it" or a "I haven't heard anything about this"

Now the question is do they not believe it because they haven't heard anything, or that they've heard someone else.
I don't think Sabi would be silent if they knew the next DLC character

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You guys realize though VergeBen was right about said Square rep. Said Square rep wasn't revealed until E3 which he said would had been revealed at the VGA awards. Just saying so point still stands.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He said the Square rep would had been revealed at the VGA though. Said Square rep was revealed at E3 instead. So my point still stands.
Be real. Has Verge ever gotten dates consistently right? The only thing he ever knocked out of the park was who'd get in, which is literally the entire point of our speculation. Focus on what's relevant here, pal.

Last edited by a moderator:

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
What about VRPlant? If he too denies Ryu Hayabusa, then that’s that
Plant is really just a slightly early news source. They seem to be related to the marketing/Youtube teams, so they don't get information until fairly soon before the event they're leaking. So we'll only get info on that closer to a character reveal

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Source? Is it more of a "I don't believe it" or a "I haven't heard anything about this"

I don't think Sabi would be silent if they knew the next DLC character
Discord conversation. This is, in fact, the real Sabi fwiw.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man this whole Verge thing...

Some people says he's been right about everything and yet there's other people saying he's been wrong about some sources.

Which is it!? Make up your mind people!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom