• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
In regards to this youtuber do we know for sure he was the first to leak all that?

Marx as a boss was heavy in rumors, so were Ken and incenroar.

Did he call plant before that big reddit leak with plant? If he didn’t then he’s 90 percent likely to be fake and just a piggybacker with no info.

Isabelle was also in every single rumor and leak. So far he seems to have only leaked stuff that likely were big subjects in rumors before he did outsidenof plant, who if you paid attention, you could catch on to that post and “leak” plant before anyone else
The Reddit plant leak was absolutely first. That's my big sticking point with this guy. It makes sense but anyone can guess Hayabusa if they're paying attention.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How satisfied will you guys be if Hayabusa and Doom Slayer are indeed our last two.

And how satisfied will you be overall with the pass?

70::ultpiranha:
71::ultjoker:
72::ulthero:
73::ultbanjokazooie:
74: Ryu Hayabusa
75: Doom Slayer
I'm already satisfied. They could just release Banjo and I'd be happy. Ryu and Doom Slayer are cool, though. I see their merits even if I never played their games. Besides, ninjas are awesome and Doom Slayer would be metal as ****

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
How satisfied will you guys be if Hayabusa and Doom Slayer are indeed our last two.

10/10
Top 3 of my most wanted and 3 bonuses? Hell yeah. That's a good pass. Seems too good to be true though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People keep saying the reddit leak mentioned Plant, but literally no one believed that or brought it up much until Plant was actually confirmed. There was no reason for anyone to steal something from that
I’m pretty sure people did believe that, it just wasn’t as big. They had a lot of stuff right about game testing that caught people’s interest. Also if you see piranha plant as a character in a serious reddit like that, I can easily see a situation where someone says this is too crazy to not be true and then used to try and take credit. Regardless the plant leak had a decent following so I wouldn’t say people didn’t believe it

Shroob

Sup?
Why not ask your sources? In fact, if he casted aside Google Theory, then that implies he knew it was bunk thanks to his sources.
That would imply he knew ahead of time that Ryu and Doomguy weren't there.

Considering he never gave it the time of day, it doesn't take a ricjet scientist to see where this logic trail leads.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can only imagine Hayabasa's reveal trailer involving ninjas with:ultgreninja:and:ultsheik:being in it.

Plus 3 Player Smash between three ninjas. :shades:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Unless Verge goes into more detail with his explanation, I can't interpret what he says as anything else but an opinion. Regarding DLC, Hero is the only thing he seemed to know about, and he had been saying that before Ultimate was even released. And then that January Direct prediction of his was all over the place, so that gives me more reason to be cautious with what he says.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That would imply he knew ahead of time that Ryu and Doomguy weren't there.

Considering he never gave it the time of day, it doesn't take a ricjet scientist to see where this logic trail leads.
That's not... untrue. Could be a case where his sources just do not unanimously agree on who Fighters 4 or 5 are. Remember, it took till February before Vergeben started fully backing Erdrick after Joker's reveal. Dude's cautious now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What about Shinobi/any potential ResetERA leakers? Especially since they have a policy of banning false leakers, we’ll just assume any leak they say is true so let’s see if they say anything

much as I don’t like ResetERA as a whole but that’s not really relevant to this discussion

D

Deleted member

I think people are overlooking the fact that all these leaks in the past referred Hero as Erdrick.

The “Brave” character from the files being called Erdrick in any capacity was a fan assumption. In official material, the only Erdrick in Smash is the Mii costume for “Erdrick’s Armor.” Even the DQ3 Hero skin was called something different in Sakurai’s livestream.
Idk if people know this but dq11s hero and dq3 hero are both referred to as erdrick here’s where it explains why :ulthero: is referred to erdrick
Taken from the dq wikia

The Luminary is given the title Erdrick by the Yggdragon as an honor for defeating Calasmos and ridding the world of evil..

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So here's a list I made before E3 with all the rumored characters of the time

Erdrick
Sephiroth
Sora
Geno
Crono
Slime
Luminary

Steve Minecraft
Ryu Hyabusa
Doomguy

Edelgard
Sylux

Banjo Kazooie
Shantae
Rayman
From the new additions we can remove Erdrick, Slime, Luminary and Banjo Kazooie outright as they've all been added.
The rest of the Square characters can be removed with the exception of Geno as he's STILL got rumors around him.
From recent rumblings, we can add Tracer and DVa to the list so now it looks something like

• Geno
  • Steve Minecraft
  • Ryu Hyabusa
  • Doomguy
  • Edelgard
  • Sylux
  • Shantae
  • Rayman
  • Tracer
  • DVa
Any more I can add to the list of rumored characters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Not including Plant since they're not part of the pass, a solid 6/10. Joker and Hayabusa are pretty hype. Hero and Banjo are neat but not as hype for me. Doom Slayer is a big old meh.

Just wish there was a character on it that matched my hype for the base game, but alas.

Shroob

Sup?
What about Shinobi/any potential ResetERA leakers? Especially since they have a policy of banning false leakers, we’ll just assume any leak they say is true so let’s see if they say anything

much as I don’t like ResetERA as a whole but that’s not really relevant to this discussion
The only thing is Emily Rodgers saying Direct this week..............maybe

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman

PP: 6/10 - Happy, I like odd choices
Joker: 1/10 - Don't care whatsoever
Hero: 5/10 - The randomness in the character's moveset makes them super fun, pleasantly surprised
BK: 100/10 - Most wanted after Ridley and K. Rool, thought would never happen, perfect
Ryu: 3/10 - Deserved for sure, but not too excited
Doom Slayer: 9/10 - Love Doom, absolutely deserving

That being said, I still expect Leon from Resident Evil, which would be a 6 or 7 out of 10, and either Crash or Doom Slayer for #5' pass

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm more cautious of Sabi not being on board than Verge. Verge ONLY really knew Erdrick for DLC. He got Banjo later when everyone else was already convinced Banjo was happening but if Sabi is skeptical I'm skeptical.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm more cautious of Sabi not being on board than Verge. Verge ONLY really knew Erdrick for DLC. He got Banjo later when everyone else was already convinced Banjo was happening but if Sabi is skeptical I'm skeptical.
But at the same time, Sabis only really skeptical because Verg is it seems like.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Piranha Plant was free from buying Smash early. I want Piranha Plant to be playable in other Mario games like Mario Kart or Mario Party.
Never touched Persona 5 but I like the music.
Never touched a Dragon Quest game
Enjoyed playing the games back in the day. Never really vocal about them coming to Smash though. It was more a "that would be nice" kind of thing.
Never touched Ninja Gaiden
Never touched Doom

So overall.....

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Honestly? 6/10 for me. PP was neat, Joker is an instant fave, Hero’s fun and I’m happy for Banjo’s fans, but if there’s no more after this and it’s just Hayabusa and Slayer I will be severely disappointed, especially since there’s:
1. No standalone female characters
2. No new Namco rep. I’ll take anyone, KOS-MOS, Lloyd, Heihachi, even Nightmare at this point
3. No new Xenoblade character after the Rex Costume was basically a spit in the face for ppl who wanted a new character from Xenoblade. Elma’s the last hope and if she’s not there...
4. I just have zero attachment to Slayer and Hayabusa

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
TBH, there's nothing to spoil given what we know. Speculating Ryu is as harmful as speculating Tracer.

TL;DR, no one knows who the next fighter is.
Yeah but this one seems more real
It ties into a really old leak that said ryu was coming
Unless this is the exact same leak

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok, game time, so let's say it isn't Hayabusa. Let's say it isn't Doom Slayer. Who else would it be?

If it ain't those two, and god I hope it is, the money I'd put down would be on Leon/Jill and Lloyd.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If Ryu and Doom Slayer are the last two characters, this pass would be a solid 5/10 for me.

Some characters felt like good additions, others didn't, but none of them were someone I wanted in Smash.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I can only imagine Hayabasa's reveal trailer involving ninjas with:ultgreninja:and:ultsheik:being in it.

Plus 3 Player Smash between three ninjas. :shades:
I’m imagining his trailer being a recreation of the opening Ninja Gaiden cutscene between Ryu and Sheik with Greninja appearing to challenge him after taking down Sheik or something.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Banjo and Doom Slayer alone make it a 10/10 for me - I can't find anything to complain about with those two in the game. It also helps that Joker's inclusion got me into Persona 5.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Satisfied
:ultpiranha: confusing but amazing and I main him
:ultjoker: the biggest surprise for me and found out that the impossible can become possible
:ulthero: As a legendary rpg this series deserved a spot in the roster
:ultbanjokazooie: The mad man sakurai actualy did it and I am finally happy they’re back on a Nintendo console for so long and it’s likley rare replay would come to switch
Ryu- he would be like the last nes all star to be added to smash with the exception of Cortana while I wanted kasumi Ryu would be great
Doom- the father of FPS is a deserving spot in the roster and would bring in the best music and moves which are his guns and I find him likley as well and would make sence as a game awards reveal.

So who’s laughing now Todd?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

7/10

Really satisfied with most of that, characters like Joker and Banjo especially. Don't care for Doom at all though, so I don't know how I'd feel about that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

4/10 because nothing I personally care about but at least Hero has a funny moveset and Joker is gay

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

That’s a weird question.

I’m ecstatic for Joker (even though I played P5 and fell in love with it after the reveal) and especially Banjo-Kazooie, but don’t really care about any of the other characters.

So would I be satisfied by the pass? Yes. It gave me two characters I love, one of which being the ultimate pipe dream I’ve wanted for years, along with three other characters that could be fun.

Would I like the pass as a whole? Not really I think. I only care about 2/5 of the characters, so I guess that means no? But at the same time, I can’t expect all five characters to be one’s I’m not only familiar with but really enjoy. Giving me someone like Crash or Phoenix Wright would make it a 3/5 which would probably make me say I love the pass.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Ok, game time, so let's say it isn't Hayabusa. Let's say it isn't Doom Slayer. Who else would it be?

If it ain't those two, and god I hope it is, the money I'd put down would be on Leon/Jill and Lloyd.
Wishlist? Phoenix Wright and someone unexpected (Velvet Crowe, Travis Touchdown, Professor Layton, a first party, someone insane like James Bond or Hatsune Miku, etc).

Expected? Leon/Jill and a big name like Dragonborn or Crash.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

4/10.
They're all fun to play as (so far), but I haven't/hadn't played a single game they're in before their reveal, so there's no real hype to it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Only ones I can see is

Heihachi
Lloyd Irving
Resident Evil rep
Phoenix Wright
SNK rep

One of these options.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I see Ryu Hayabusa. What rumor is going on?
User on YouTube who leaked Piranha Plant and Isabelle as playable characters alongside Marx as a boss is saying Hayabusa is our next fighter.

Also lines up with Google Theory and so if true Doom Slayer might be our 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom