• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Man this whole Verge thing...

Some people says he's been right about everything and yet there's other people saying he's been wrong about some sources.

Which one people!? Make up your mind!
he's pretty much been right about everything

the only thing he's been wrong about so far is minecraft content and that may be coming with Banjo

D

Deleted member

Some people says he's been right about everything and yet there's other people saying he's been wrong about some sources.

Which one people!? Make up your mind!
Make up yours. No one here ever said Verge was 100% reliable as a general leaker, but the records show he's certainly 100% reliable when it comes to Smash Bros characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Sabi and Verge saying they don't believe Hayabusa isn't it gives me a bit of hope. Nothing against Hayabusa or Ninja Gaiden, it just doesn't interest me at all personally.
I'd rather get something no one considered if I don't get something I personally care for(since my most wanted are super unlikely anyways).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I guess also if V-Man literally says ON GAMEFAQS, “it ain’t Hayabusa fam” that would be the hardest deconfirm

Let’s give it a couple hours

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I think people are overlooking the fact that all these leaks in the past referred Hero as Erdrick.

The “Brave” character from the files being called Erdrick in any capacity was a fan assumption. In official material, the only Erdrick in Smash is the Mii costume for “Erdrick’s Armor.” Even the DQ3 Hero skin was called something different in Sakurai’s livestream.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sabi and Verge saying they don't believe Hayabusa isn't it gives me a bit of hope. Nothing against Hayabusa or Ninja Gaiden, it just doesn't interest me at all personally.
I'd rather get something no one considered if I don't get something I personally care for(since my most wanted are super unlikely anyways).
Something like Tracer?

I don’t care that that leak was bogus. I am starting to really Stan Tracer.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I guess those people then saying that Verge was wrong on some things is just people who hates him I guess then.

Also I don't hate the guy as you seemed to has suggested Bolder. Don't come up with such baseless assumptions not once had I ever shown hating him. Als you're coming across a little on snarky today what gives?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think people are overlooking the fact that all these leaks in the past referred Hero as Erdrick.

The “Brave” character from the files being called Erdrick in any capacity was a fan assumption. In official material, the only Erdrick in Smash is the Mii costume for “Erdrick’s Armor.” Even the DQ3 Hero skin was called something different in Sakurai’s livestream.
Sakurai calls the Erdrick alt "The Erdrick" in the Hero gameplay video.

"Western fans might know him as Erdrick" or something like that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Even the DQ3 Hero skin was called something different in Sakurai’s livestream.
When he was introduced, the translator said that they're also known as Erdrick directly afterwards.

D

Deleted member

I guess those people then saying that Verge was wrong on some things is just people who hates him I guess then.

Also I don't hate the guy as you seemed to has suggested Bolder. Don't come up with such baseless assumptions not once had I ever shown hating him. Als you're coming across a little on snarky today what gives?
Nah I'm always snarky in Smash speculation. Check me out in the Geno thread. I go on rampages.

D

Deleted member

Something like Tracer?

I don’t care that that leak was bogus. I am starting to really Stan Tracer.
I'd like Tracer since she's a female character and even a lesbian even if my interest in OW has died down a lot. We already have 3 male characters as DLC and it's not like Smash has good gender balance

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Which is it!? Make up your mind people!
He initially, very early on (like early 2018), was known for having true and false info mixed. I believe there was also some false Smash leak before Ultimate was revealed.

However, since then, he seems to have gotten his sources in order and has said he only leaks things when he has enough sources agreeing on it to where he’s very confident in it.
This is why he didn’t specify Hero, and for the better part of a year only mentioned “Square-Enid character.” He wasn’t certain on what it was, and didn’t want to give out false info that would damage his credibility.

So yeah, as far as I know, everything he’s leaked regarding “Smash Bros Ultimate” has been true. The one thing we don’t know about yet is the “Minecraft content” he’s been saying for over a year, but as far as I know he says it’s still coming, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a Mii costume alongside Banjo.

Shroob

Sup?
My biggest question here is Verg and Sabis lack of an actual answer.

Neither believe it, but that could be one of two reasons, neither they elaborated on.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Neither believe it, but that could be one of two reasons, neither they elaborated on.
it's also not clear if sabi has any info or believes/disbelieves it, since all the image shows is them getting an answer from verge

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd like Tracer since she's a female character and even a lesbian even if my interest in OW has died down a lot. We already have 3 male characters as DLC and it's not like Smash has good gender balance
What? Crash and Dark Souls Theory is evolving.

Congratulations! Crash and Dark Souls Theory evolved into Tracer and Tekken Theory!

D

Deleted member

He initially, very early on (like early 2018), was known for having true and false info mixed. I believe there was also some false Smash leak before Ultimate was revealed.

However, since then, he seems to have gotten his sources in order and has said he only leaks things when he has enough sources agreeing on it to where he’s very confident in it.
This is why he didn’t specify Hero, and for the better part of a year only mentioned “Square-Enid character.” He wasn’t certain on what it was, and didn’t want to give out false info that would damage his credibility.

So yeah, as far as I know, everything he’s leaked regarding “Smash Bros Ultimate” has been true. The one thing we don’t know about yet is the “Minecraft content” he’s been saying for over a year, but as far as I know he says it’s still coming, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a Mii costume alongside Banjo.
Supposedly, the Minecraft stuff came from the negotiations between Microsoft and Nintendo, so it can be assumed Steve or Minecraft content were at one point considered before Banjo was decided

D

Deleted member

Going with my instincts here. I'd say not to trust the guy saying Ryu for now. It's one guy who seems to have info that could be interpreted as bandwagoning. If there were more people saying it like Verge or Sabi, then I'd say it's official.

Shroob

Sup?
Going with my instincts here. I'd say not to trust the guy saying Ryu for now. It's one guy who seems to have info that could be interpreted as bandwagoning. If there were more people saying it like Verge or Sabi, then I'd say it's official.
Alright but considering who Verg is, he's not shy to shoot down characters.

Him just "not believing" something is strange.

D

Deleted member

it's also not clear if sabi has any info or believes/disbelieves it, since all the image shows is them getting an answer from verge
Sky's blue. Again, has Sabi ever just straight up leaked a Smash Bros character?

Alright but considering who Verg is, he's not shy to shoot down characters.

Him just "not believing" something is strange.
Here's how I see it. Right now, he's not on the Ryu train. Whether it's him shooting him down or just not hearing anything, it's clear Verge doesn't support Ryu. Again, I'd rather wait for one more person to claim Ryu before saying this is a big deal.

Shroob

Sup?
Here's how I see it. Right now, he's not on the Ryu train. Whether it's him shooting him down or just not hearing anything, it's clear Verge doesn't support Ryu. Again, I'd rather wait for one more person to claim Ryu before saying this is a big deal.
But that's the thing.

You can answer this with a

"I haven't heard anything"

Not believing is an odd choice of words.

D

Deleted member

But that's the thing.

You can answer this with a

"I haven't heard anything"

Not believing is an odd choice of words.
It's not even Vergeben's words. It's Sabi reciting Verge's words, and it was very vague and unclear. I'd say wait it out until more info appears.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In regards to this youtuber do we know for sure he was the first to leak all that?

Marx as a boss was heavy in rumors, so were Ken and incenroar.

Did he call plant before that big reddit leak with plant? If he didn’t then he’s 90 percent likely to be fake and just a piggybacker with no info.

Isabelle was also in every single rumor and leak. So far he seems to have only leaked stuff that likely were big subjects in rumors before he did outsidenof plant, who if you paid attention, you could catch on to that post and “leak” plant before anyone else

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Hey y’all what’s up?
There's a Youtuber with a fairly good track record who says that Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden is the next DLC character.

Vergeben has recently said he didn't believe that.

Also, if Hayabusa does get in, it increases the chances of Doomguy via Revised Google Theory (Google Theory, but Artorias was a false positive, and Hero was never tested by that name)

Shroob

Sup?
If Verg does say "it's not Ryu", then that kinda would confirm he knows who's next since, well he knows for a fact that whoever is next isn't Ryu.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
can't say i've seen any other rumour about this ever besides the youtuber's
I remember marx being in so many 4chan rumors. I don’t save them anymore, but Marx definitely had a lot of talk going into ultimate from what I recall

D

Deleted member

If Verg does say "it's not Ryu", then that kinda would confirm he knows who's next since, well he knows for a fact that whoever is next isn't Ryu.
It's likely Verge asked if Ryu (and Doomguy) was in during Google Theory and 5chan speculation. I don't think this confirms if Verge knows something.

Last edited by a moderator:

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
People keep saying the reddit leak mentioned Plant, but literally no one believed that or brought it up much until Plant was actually confirmed. There was no reason for anyone to steal something from that

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How satisfied will you guys be if Hayabusa and Doom Slayer are indeed our last two.

And how satisfied will you be overall with the pass?

70::ultpiranha:
71::ultjoker:
72::ulthero:
73::ultbanjokazooie:
74: Ryu Hayabusa
75: Doom Slayer

D

Deleted member

Asked...who, his sources?
Considering he never gave Google theory the time of day I highly doubt that.
Why not ask your sources? In fact, if he casted aside Google Theory, then that implies he knew it was bunk thanks to his sources.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How satisfied will you guys be if Hayabusa and Doom Slayer are indeed our last two.

And how satisfied will you be overall with the pass?

70::ultpiranha:
71::ultjoker:
72::ulthero:
73::ultbanjokazooie:
74: Ryu Hayabusa
75: Doom Slayer
7 out of 10. Cool characters, but only one of them has any actual connection to me.

I also highly doubt it’s what will happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom