• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Having some variety in the DLC cast couldn't hurt. There are plenty of examples that seem really easy to justify - off the top of my head, there's Elma (given how much Xenoblade has expanded since Smash 4, and since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came out too late for Rex to make it in as DLC), Edelgard (not that we need another Fire Emblem character, but at least she'd be visibly different from the others and have a different fighting style), or Lara Croft (one of the few remaining characters that I can think of that has massive appeal even outside of video games, to the extent of getting multiple movies), and there are dozens of others. This isn't meant to be a comprehensive list.

While I don't think that a female character should be added purely to include a female character, it would be nice to have some degree of diversity among the DLC line-up. That was my problem with pre-Smash 4 speculation when it came to third party characters; a lot of people felt like Smash should only have cartoony mascot characters for its third party roster, and that characters like Snake "didn't belong" in Smash, which rubbed me the wrong way. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

If we don't get one, it's not the end of the world, but it couldn't hurt to consider the idea.
I mean obviously, I wouldn't be against the idea of adding another female to Ultimate, I'm just saying the discussion about it got a little bit heated and somewhat political (hence why I mentioned "gender equality").

Shroob

Sup?
So this wednesday or Thursday is basically the day for this supposed direct to either be announced or dropped.

Well, we barely have any time to wait at least.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Pretty much. To a Banjo fan, Kazooie is pretty much the main character--especially to a speedrunner. To a non-Banjo fan, Banjo is pretty much the face while Kazooie is the weapon.

Though funnily enough, I spent all of Banjo's reveal watching Kazooie because I think she's ****ing rad as Hell.
This is what I say to people who say we have no females on the Fighters pass and that Kazooie is just a weapon akin to Luma or the Duck Hunt Duck.

Without Kazooie, Banjo can walk (not even run), jump, punch, and roll.

Kazooie does most of the offense work and travel, while Banjo a big bear who can take a hit. Their entire games and themselves were designed around the idea of a duo with perfectly complimenting capabilities.

Kazooie counts as a female rep you’re all just mean to the bird.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now I just unlocked :ultchrom:, and I wonder where to start with him.

Opossum Opossum Enlighten me.
Nair is your best friend. Forward Tilt is also your best friend. Soaring Slash is a best friend as well. As is Forward Air. Back Air and Up Air too.

Chrom has a lot of friends.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So what’s with all the talk about Ryu Hayabusa lately? Is it really just one of those old text leaks saying Erdrick, Banjo, Ryu, and Doomguy?

Banjo really wasn’t a super hard guess when you consider the emphasis on fan demand, and with Joker and “Brave” known, the emphasis on new third party characters.

I’d honestly discredit those leaks because they say Erdrick (the most popular name fans used to refer to Brave) instead of the actual name Hero. He didn’t even say Luminary or Eleven which is the default Hero.

Plus, we apparently have Doomguy coming to Mortal Kombat due to some leak or datamine(?). Idk if either Nintendo or Netherealm would like having Doomguy in both. Doomguy is the biggest gaming crossover ever could overshadow MK11’s Doomguy reveal, and Netherealm wouldn’t like that. Conversely, the toned down Doomguy in Smasg would be compared to the brutal, absolutely true to source material Doomguy in MK11, and idk if Nintendo would like that.

D

Deleted member

But then when are we getting 4 and 5 shown off?

Unless you think character 5 is dropping the same day in Feb.

September is the last direct of 2019.
Nobody's saying a Smash Bros direct is out of the question. Remember the last Smash 4 direct, for example.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
But then when are we getting 4 and 5 shown off?

Unless you think character 5 is dropping the same day in Feb.

September is the last direct of 2019.
I personally think we’d see Character 4 in a September direct, given that it’s the last direct of the year as you said, but I wouldn’t that surprised if it doesn’t happen.

The character probably won’t release until December, and there’s a chance they’re just lot ready to be shown off. Hero was only revealed a month and a half before released.

We might just have a “SMASH BROS REVEAL ON THIS DATE AT THIS TIME” livestream for all we know. There’s no law saying it has to be at the direct. It’s just likely.

Shroob

Sup?
Nobody's saying a Smash Bros direct is out of the question. Remember the last Smash 4 direct, for example.
That revealed 2 characters at once. I highly doubt we're getting 2 characters at once when every character thus far, including plant, has gotten a x.0 patch into themselves.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I watch one clip of Invader Zim and suddenly my recommendations are full of scenes from the show. Not that I'm necessarily complaining about it, mind you...

This moment is hands down one of my favorites:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So what’s with all the talk about Ryu Hayabusa lately? Is it really just one of those old text leaks saying Erdrick, Banjo, Ryu, and Doomguy?

Banjo really wasn’t a super hard guess when you consider the emphasis on fan demand, and with Joker and “Brave” known, the emphasis on new third party characters.

I’d honestly discredit those leaks because they say Erdrick (the most popular name fans used to refer to Brave) instead of the actual name Hero. He didn’t even say Luminary or Eleven which is the default Hero.

Plus, we apparently have Doomguy coming to Mortal Kombat due to some leak or datamine(?). Idk if either Nintendo or Netherealm would like having Doomguy in both. Doomguy is the biggest gaming crossover ever could overshadow MK11’s Doomguy reveal, and Netherealm wouldn’t like that. Conversely, the toned down Doomguy in Smasg would be compared to the brutal, absolutely true to source material Doomguy in MK11, and idk if Nintendo would like that.
papagenos video a few pages back explains it

tl;dw = leaker with a fairly solid track record (called isabelle, ken/incineroar/piranha plant (yes even piranha plant), and marx as a boss) has heard from multiple sources that hayabusa is next

as a hero/banjo/ryu roster lines up with the old 4chan leak, people are wondering if this also means doomguy as fighter 5 (presumably at TGA as a little tie-in to doom eternal)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That revealed 2 characters at once. I highly doubt we're getting 2 characters at once when every character thus far, including plant, has gotten a x.0 patch into themselves.
I mean... E3 did two reveals. Besides, Cloud was showcased in the final Smash 4 direct and was released that month, but Corrin and Bayonetta took two months later to be released.

D

Deleted member

I follow MK11 a lot and we don't know that at all. The only other leaked guest character we know of is Ash, and while Ed Boon has teased at the possibility he's notorious for trolling the fanbase so his comments shouldn't be taken at face value.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I mean... E3 did two reveals. Besides, Cloud was showcased in the final Smash 4 direct and was released that month, but Corrin and Bayonetta took two months later to be released.
Cloud was revealed a month earlier at the end of a November direct, I believe

Shroob

Sup?
Revealed, not released.

With only 2, presumably, content patches left after Banjo, I am not banking on a Smash direct at all, especially after the whole "budget" debacle.

D

Deleted member

So for some reason, Twitter keeps saying that it's "over capacity"
WHY DOES IT HAVE A MAXIMUM CAPACITY??

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but Hayabusa does mean falcon. If we're still looking for bird connections

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You're testing fate.

Fate doesn't like to be tested.
Just a healthy dose of preparation mixed with a little dark humor.
Don’t you :124: it
Honestly, I think being sure we’ll get a reveal is just as jinxing as saying we might not.

There has been no such leak. Merely Ed Boon being cryptic on twitter again.

Still. It’s not like Nintendo and NRS would know if Bethesda gave the license to two different companies at once. They would only find out at the same time as everyone else. And yeah, your right, these companies would be upset about that. But there’s nothing stopping Bethesda from doing it.

That said I’m still not expecting DoomSlayer.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
papagenos video a few pages back explains it

tl;dw = leaker with a fairly solid track record (called isabelle, ken/incineroar/piranha plant (yes even piranha plant), and marx as a boss) has heard from multiple sources that hayabusa is next

as a hero/banjo/ryu roster lines up with the old 4chan leak, people are wondering if this also means doomguy as fighter 5 (presumably at TGA as a little tie-in to doom eternal)
All of the stuff this leaker allegedly said we’re base game (except Plant, but he was announced a month before the game came out), so I’m pretty sus on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom