• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
I said this in the other thread, but objectively, I think Joker/Hero/Banjo-Kazooie/Hayabusa/Doom would be a very strong Pass. Lots of variety in characters, history, genre, fighting styles, etc. The lack of a primary female fighter would be the only major complaint I could lob at it.

I'm not even a big Ninja Gaiden fan (only played the original) and I've never touched Doom but both certainly have their place in Smash.

StormC

Smash Hero
I thought the bird leaker said it wasn't Smash-related? Or was that just hearsay?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Really hope the Hayabusa rumor is true, Ninja Gaiden is such a good game, and one that has held a lot of value for my brothers and I, it's been our go-to NES game for passing around the controller and seeing how far we each could get. If we get him, I hope he has a costume for his classic design, I like his modern design just fine, but the oldschool blue ninja costume is what Hayabusa really looks like to me.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Really hope the Hayabusa rumor is true, Ninja Gaiden is such a good game, and one that has held a lot of value for my brothers and I, it's been our go-to NES game for passing around the controller and seeing how far we each could get. If we get him, I hope he has a costume for his classic design, I like his modern design just fine, but the oldschool blue ninja costume is how he looks to me.
I'm pretty sure both would get in, either a 4/4 split or at least a couple of alts like Joker's school uniform. Hayabusa has both in Dead Or Alive.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gotta say, I'm wondering if any of the potential DLC is first party. Most of the focus so far has been third party, so I guess it makes sense to primarily look at it that way. Of course it's hard not to get caught up with third party discussion since most of the Nintendo all-stars are playable. Except maybe Dixie Kong.

There's Pokemon and Fire Emblem, but even Sakurai has mentioned being worried about the amount of FE characters. And, if I'm honest, there's really no one else in the series I give a **** about to shill for. Though I guess it'd be cool if Lyn got out of AT jail since she's the most popular female character. Pokemon's kind of hard to say exactly cause we haven't even seen the middle forms of the starter Pokemon yet, let alone the final, let alone any standout popular ones like Lucario.

Spring Man and Isaac are 99% out since I doubt they'd replace their ATs with Felix or Springtron. I guess Ribbon Girl could be in place of Spring Man, but that'd be like taking Ken before Ryu, so I'm unsure if that'll happen. Maybe Elma, since there's a lot to work with for XBCX

I'm sure there's someone I'm not thinking of that could work out well in that regard.

Shroob

Sup?
Ready for a hot ****ing take?

If it is Ryu, character 5 is Doomguy. That's my stance on it, Google Theory just seems too damn coincidental when you account Artorigus as a false positive.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hope that IF Hayabusa is really playable, his trailer gets to re-enact the intro cutscene of NES Ninja Gaiden. They could easily use either Sheik or Greninja in place of Ryu's usual opponent.

Given how much care went into trailers like Mega Man's and the Belmont's and Ryu's despite not being CGI, I can only hope the trend continues.
An orchestrated version of this as part of the trailer would be ace:

End it with the splash art, and then go into the gameplay section with the famous 4-2 song.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
On the topic of first parties, I see a very, very tiny chance of a BotW Champion getting in.

I get the impression the possibility of BotW2 was something Nintendo has been planning for a while even if they hadn't started developing it until recently, so I potentially see them picking a Zelda character for the potential cross promotion. They wouldn't have to worry about the game coming too late either because they still have BotW1 source material to base the character and moveset off of.

As for which champion? Well they've all got potential, so I imagine this would be a Deciduye / Incineroar situation where Sakurai just picks which one he thinks would be the most neat.

Of course, with the exception of Sheik Smash Bros has kind of brushed aside Zelda side characters and I feel like the Champions already missed their chance with base, so probably not. I'm not betting money on it. But I do think it's more likely then, say, Byleth or Edlegard.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can't believe I sandbagged Paper Mario. Sneak in him, Dixie or Elma and that's kind of clean.

Still the current rumor is back to Hayabusa and Doom Slayer. Guess the Tracer stuff didn't last long.

Shroob

Sup?
I can't believe I sandbagged Paper Mario. Sneak in him, Dixie or Elma and that's kind of clean.

Still the current rumor is back to Hayabusa and Doom Slayer. Guess the Tracer stuff didn't last long.
Tbh it kinda only went off due to the 4chan post. Which is kinda dead in the water now.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ready for a hot ****ing take?

If it is Ryu, character 5 is Doomguy. That's my stance on it, Google Theory just seems too damn coincidental when you account Artorigus as a false positive.
Yeah, rethinking it, there's a little too much smoke for that fire.

...what about that 5chan leak? I've commonly speculated that Steve was leakbait but what if it was legit outside of that? Geez. What a crazy outcome.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, rethinking it, there's a little too much smoke for that fire.

...what about that 5chan leak? I've commonly speculated that Steve was leakbait but what if it was legit outside of that? Geez. What a crazy outcome.
Obviously we cannot say with certainty until this Direct comes.

But if it IS Ryu, expect Doomguy to become the Erdrick 2.0 of speculation.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Really hope the Hayabusa rumor is true, Ninja Gaiden is such a good game, and one that has held a lot of value for my brothers and I, it's been our go-to NES game for passing around the controller and seeing how far we each could get. If we get him, I hope he has a costume for his classic design, I like his modern design just fine, but the oldschool blue ninja costume is what Hayabusa really looks like to me.
The NES game is HARD, but it does have a certain rhythm to it that once you get it down things start to click together. The Final Boss stuff is BS, but like the Yellow Devil in Mega Man 1, you can cheese them if you have the right sub-weapon. Considering it's on the NES Online Service, there is little reason for Nintendo fans to not at least check it out and play the first stage (also Save States).

Also the original Beat em' Up is available on the eShop for purchase, though it's not particularly great...

I'd be hyped for the following reasons:
  1. A Koei Temco rep makes way too much sense, especially given all of the collabs over the past few years: Samurai Warriors 3, Metroid Other M, Pokemon Conquest, Fatal Frame 5, Hyrule Warriors, FE Warriors, and Three Houses. Hell they received credits in this and the previous game.
  2. Ninja Gaiden/DoA has been on NES, SNES, DS, 3DS and Wii U. Samus & Ridley both appeared in Dead or Alive Dimensions and Koei Temco has also been a heavy supporter of the VC/NES Online Service.
  3. Hayabusa is one of the more diverse characters in gaming history so there is a lot to take from for a moveset. He's been in 2D Platformers, 3D Fighters, 3D Hack & Slash, Overhead Adventure, and Beat em' Ups (would be the first character to rep that genre too).
  4. Stages. I'm not sure what locations, but I'd imagine any stage would have a heavy Japanese influence and be a visual treat. Maybe DoA stage transitions?
  5. Music
I hope that IF Hayabusa is really playable, his trailer gets to re-enact the intro cutscene of NES Ninja Gaiden. They could easily use either Sheik or Greninja in place of Ryu's usual opponent.
He also holds out and reads a letter during the NES opening. A potential trailer for him literally writes itself. lol

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If there is a Direct next week like the rumors say it would explain why he leaked.

This was my train of thought too, if the Ryu Hayabusa leak is legit the timing for leaking makes sense if a Direct is happening soon.

StormC

Smash Hero
So...

How do Banjo and Kazooie end up on a Fighters Pass with characters like these?

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Im honestly thinking now that 4chan leaker guy in january that said Joker, Erdrick, Banjo, Ryu, and Doomguy was legit

He knew the characters but BS'd the info to mess with people. If Ryu is announced next there's no doubt in my mind that Doomguy is next.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So...

How do Banjo and Kazooie end up on a Fighters Pass with characters like these?

I mean, did you see what they did to Gruntilda? At least those characters gave their enemies quick merciful deaths.

Between that and using Kazooie as a blunt object, Banjo might be the darkest character in the game.

StormC

Smash Hero
Im honestly thinking now that 4chan leaker guy in january that said Joker, Erdrick, Banjo, Ryu, and Doomguy was legit

He knew the characters but BS'd the info to mess with people. If Ryu is announced next there's no doubt in my mind that Doomguy is next.
I think Steve was leakbait. Hitagi was also insistent that Steve was coming.

Shroob

Sup?
This coming week is gonna be real interesting, especially if that Direct drops.

If it's Ryu, it's more likely than not Doomguy.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This might be off topic but, does anyone know how to do a spoiler? Its not working for me...... =/
I didn't see anyone respond to this. There should be a drop down menu on the post editor (next to the emote/post link and image buttons) that has "Spoiler" under it.

Alternatively you can manually type out the following:

Code:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Post text^ here
Hope this helps. :213:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Shroob Shroob All of this Hayabusa talk, and not one mention of me.

This is funny.

Hey, let's talk about something completely unrelated.

So, we all have our own "never-ever" characters that we'd love but know aren't possible.

Chances are, you've made a moveset for them but haven't had a chance to actually post it anywhere without going too off-topic. Let's see what some of you guys have whipped up for your far-fetched fighters? I've been making a moveset for quite a few chatacters.
Had to come up a bit of plausible moves with some help from Blade.

Dark Link Moveset

Neutral attack: A simple downward and outward slash followed by a quick thrust. Primarily used to get opponents away from Dark Link, with a useful semi-spike angle. (8%)

Forward tilt: A somewhat sharp stab in front of Dark Link of average speed. Based on the same animation of its and Link's attack in Zelda II. (9%)

Up tilt: An upward slash similar to the other Links, but different in animation, looking somewhat like forward tilt, yet vertical. Can combo into itself at early percents. (6%)

Down tilt: A quick swipe of the sword downwards that launches the opponent upwards. Can combo into aerials, yet is weak. Safe on shield if spaced properly. (8%)

Dash attack: Dark Link briefly teleports during startup, and does a downward slash against the opponent a set distance ahead. Long duration for a dash attack when including endlag, but the teleport provides a bit of intangibility. (11%)

Up smash: An arcing slash aimed upwards, similar to Toon Link's. Covers a decent amount around Dark Link, and works great for KOs at moderately high percents. (12%)

Forward smash: Dark Link leans back a bit before swinging downwards, with this being one of its best finishers. Only hits once, also like Toon Link. Can be used to punish opponents who space their approaches poorly. (16%)

Down smash: Dark Link spins around itself while slashing outwardly, with the earlier hit being stronger than the later hit. Unsafe on shield, but perfect for hard punishes against careless opponents. (15% early hit/12% middle hit/9% later hit)

Up aerial: Also known as the Jump Thrust, Dark Link thrusts its sword out to attack opponents from above. Strong, and owns a long-lasting hitbox that can bypass airdodges. KOs opponents at percents similar to Link's up aerial. (14%)

Forward aerial: A stab similar to forward tilt, preceded by a brief disappearing of Dark Link's shadow. Does not allow for recovery aid despite the shadow, but is still fairly strong, like with the other Links. (13%)

Neutral aerial: Dark Link swings its sword in a 180° arc in front of it. Allows for excellent coverage of its body, but is fairly weaker than the other Links and a bit slower. (7%)

Down aerial: Also known as the Down Thrust, Dark Link thrusts its sword downwards to launch opponents away. Strong, and functions similarly to Young Link's, but allows Dark Link to bounce off enemies, like both Link and Young Link. (16% early/13% late/10% bounce)

Neutral special: Mirror. When used against an opponent's attack, Dark Link initiates a quick attack at the same time to initiate a clash. Only works effectively on weaker attacks, preferably those at or below 10% damage. If missed, this move carries a hefty amount of endlag that leaves Dark Link vulnerable. (Varies; depends on opponent's move)

Up special: Evanesce. Acts similar to Sheik's Vanish, with a strong and weak hitbox during the teleport. Dark Link is followed by a cloud (heh) of dark smoke (heh heh) before and after the disappearance. Travels a little further than Sheik's. (14% strong/3% weak)

Side special: Shadow. Activates like a counter, but when used against an attack, Dark Link takes damage from it, but reappears behind the opponent, which can be followed up immediately with a move of its own. (0%)

Down special: Doppelgänger. Dark Link takes the form of the opponent close/closest to it, and therefore gains their moveset, excluding specials, although up special reverts it back to original. The transformation takes a while to start, but the process can be cancelled afterwards at any time. Can find even more utility in doubles. (Varies; depends on opponent's move)

FS: Thunderbird. Within the Great Palace, a horde of shadowy figures stab at the victim, leaving them visibly exhausted. The Thunderbird soon appears, and fires a barrage of fireballs that inflict heavy knockback afterwards. This FS is powerful, but requires Dark Link to be able to able to get a swipe on someone in front of it. (60%; 2% initial hit and followed 9 stabs; 8% per each of 5 fireballs)

Honestly, unless something similar to Samus losing her Dark Samus alt happens, I'm neutral on the character. Even that will not mean too much if it was just to get a new one.

Still believe Impa has a far better chance, but I can hope for both. Prince Ali, though, he's a dead deal. Yeah, most of the other characters I support already have threads and so.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Got a source?
there's a papagenos post a page back explaining the situation

direct seems extremely likely to be next week from multiple leakers now, and a reputable leaker who called isabelle in september and piranha plant on oct 31st (day before the nov direct) is saying ryu is in, implying they've seen or have heard about the direct from a source given how close it is

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Also lmao people are saying this means google theory is legit when google theory has a character completely wronh
it is kinda weird how google theory is shaping up to be accurate bar the obvious "i don't want erdrick" character thrown in

wonder if it had any basis in actual insider knowledge or if this pass was really just that easy to predict

D

Deleted member

Wasn't Google Leak pretty fake given how anybody could have made it with the right money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom