• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Metroid's character situation is honestly very solid right now. You have :ultsamus:, the main protagonist, :ultridley:, her archnemesis, and :ultdarksamus:, the main antagonist to a very popular and notable subseries in the franchise. Throw in :ultzss: for another unique moveset and you got its major bases covered.

Sylux is really the only character who could be added, but he's currently coasting on two minor appearances and a promise for something greater right now so the franchise is not in dire need of his addition.
Three minor appearances, technically.
Debut in Hunters, teaser at the end of Prime 3, and teaser at the end of Federation Force.

Not that that changes any of your major points.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Sounds like you're about to go postal over it.
Good joke.

In all seriousness, I stepped away, took a shower, and calmed down. All I want is either a new magazine or a refund, really. Either/or at this point, I don't care either way.

On the other hand, UPS (not the local mail), delivered my other package today, and early. Completely in-tact and well-kept. So, I can't complain about my second package. It's a pretty cool design as well:
stamkos retro shirt front.jpg
stamkos retro shirt back.jpg

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
What kind of ****ed up logic is that?
It's about fairness, and it has been a rule on the site for years and years. Even with the rule, I still have to regularly remove advertising posts (not counting the spambots). People often make an account literally just to post ads for their streams in random subforums, it's ridiculous.

It's not personal, seriously. Are you doing ok?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Power Suit Samus Aran sucks s**t and is, imo, an insult to the potential fighter she should be. Mii Gunner is Samus should have been portrayed(just add Morph Ball).
That's just what I'll call 64 syndrome.

While most characters added in the modern day have super loyal, inspired movesets, Smash 64 characters tended to take a lot more creative liberties. They probably didn't want to go too crazy with projectiles back then for balance reasons, but they still gave her her staple bombs, charged shots and (later) missiles.

Anyway, because of "Everyone is Here", there were very few unique newcomers this time around - and one of those very precious slots went to making the long-awaited :ultridley: work. Being angry that Sakurai "hates Metroid" or whatever after that just seems like of like entitlement to me. But I guess there's also people that still think he hates DK after :ultkrool: for some reason I'll never comprehend so I guess people are just never happy.

Okay but seriously though, fans care way too much about "representation". Yeah sure it's kind of strange that we don't have more unique Zelda characters, but as long as the game is fun it's not that big of a deal.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of jobs, BK gave me a new day to work on, so now I have three days.

That's a hell of a lot better then none. Lol
Wow. Banjo and Kazooie treating their employees with respect on labor day. Respect.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's almost September my dudes. Hows this month looking for you all?
Link’s Awakening seems fun.

The Steven Universe movie looks great.

There should be new Pokémon news, which is always awesome.

Banjo & Kazooie might release, though I’m thinking they might be October.

The much anticipated September direct of course.
With fighter #4 finally being revealed it’s Frisk.

And I’m starting a new art class! An opportunity to make new friends!

September should be rad!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's some cool mods for DBFZ. I remember a lot of people thinking that mods for this game would be too hard to pull off, since so few exist for Guilty Gear, but I guess when it's a series with a larger fanbase like Dragon Ball or Marvel, you're bound to see people make some genuinely decent attempts.

There's other ones that exist that are even crazier, but this one just dropped.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I seem to recall a certain Panda talkin mad **** whenever I so much as suggested two characters at E3.
tbf we didn't get two characters at E3 cause when you consider all four heros as well as Banjo and kazooie there was actually six characters revealed

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I could see fighter #4 being at a September Nintendo Direct but not too likely.

And I'm betting Banjo & Kazooie will be a September release.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's almost September my dudes. Hows this month looking for you all?
I'm hoping that work is better; I didn't get as many hours as usual for the summer, and between Astral Chain (technically two days off, but close enough), the Spyro re-releases, Link's Awakening, Ori and the Blind Forest, Untitled Goose Game, and Dragon Quest XI, there are a lot of games coming out this month that I'm interested in, so having some extra money couldn't hurt.

I know I don't have to get all of them as soon as they come out, but with the physical ones, I don't know how long they're going to stay on shelves; electronics stores in my area don't have a lot of space reserved for Nintendo products.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If one more person tells me off for having a slightly optimistic prediction, as if I’ll fly into a blind rage if it doesn’t come to fruition like I’m totally known to do, I’m gonna flip out.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm hoping that work is better; I didn't get as many hours as usual for the summer, and between Astral Chain (technically two days off, but close enough), the Spyro re-releases, Link's Awakening, Ori and the Blind Forest, Untitled Goose Game, and Dragon Quest XI, there are a lot of games coming out this month that I'm interested in, so having some extra money couldn't hurt.

I know I don't have to get all of them as soon as they come out, but with the physical ones, I don't know how long they're going to stay on shelves; electronics stores in my area don't have a lot of space reserved for Nintendo products.
On the plus side, Amazon and others exist if local stores don't have stock. I try to shop local first though, personally.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom